PDA

View Full Version : What type of music do you like?

krowstrife
June 20th, 2005, 07:37
I was just wondering what type of music people listen to,

i wish i cloud block noobs from spaming, damn psp

well i like many types of music, except country, i have been into a lot of heavy metall lately, mainly this band
machine head

i also listen to system of a down

so want type of music do you like, everybody

well happy posting dc homies

obelisk
June 20th, 2005, 07:51
I like all kinds of tunes, rock favorably, DooWop, 50's style, to Beatles, Beach boys, punk rock, psychedlic, techno, some rap, a little country, and tons more.
i sing rock, punk, bluesy stuff, and compose some wierd techno.

take care fellow dc head.
machine head- my friends old band "The Process", may have opened for them.

FrierTuck
June 26th, 2005, 00:00
Beatles are awesome, best band ever, but i admit i also enjoy KoRn and Gorillaz, also check my ava and sig

beetroot bertie
June 29th, 2005, 13:37
I used to like a lot of metal when I was younger, and still do to a certain extent.

I remember when Machine Head's "Burn My Eyes" album came out. It was really fresh at the time before nu-metal became so samey.

I still follow some metal bands some of my faves being Tool, Paradise Lost, Anathema and Linkin Park but I feel in general that the genre has failed to move on and a lot of bands seem stuck pedalling the same old stuff. That's partially why Paradise Lost and Anathema are some of my faves - because they have tried to move their sound on.

Nowadays I still like guitar based tunes but prefer more atmospheric/cinematic bands like Mogwai, Sigur Ros and Godspeed! You Black Emperor. I like albums that have a variety of moods and pace.

I also like laid back hip hop stuff like Aim, Herbaliser, DJ Shadow etc and more mellow stuff too like Zero7. And a bit of Drum n Bass doesn't go amiss every now and then.

Darksaviour69
June 29th, 2005, 13:48
Sigur Ros, that band from iceland, they are good

Radiohead! best band ever.

blur(Gorillaz), Stone roses are great

muse, QOTSA, audioslave, Beastie Boys, Jeff Buckley, Jimi Hendrix, martin grech, U2 Peal Jam, TENACIOUS D, snow patrol, keane, Rage.....just some i like at mo

rmedtx
June 29th, 2005, 14:21
80s, Techno and New Age.

SiZiOUS
June 29th, 2005, 14:51
Punk, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, etc.

For example, System of a Down, Zero Down, Green Day, Pearl Jam, No Use For A Name, Rise Against, ACDC, Aerosmith, Amen, AntiFlag, Black Sabbath, Bouncing Souls, Children of Bodom, Consumed, Cold Play, Deftones, Faith no More, Finch, Finger Eleven, Foo Fighters, Good Charlotte, Guns 'n' Roses, Led Zepplin, Limp Bizkit, Lostprophets, Mad Caddies... :)

ptr.exe
June 29th, 2005, 15:44
Mostly indie rock - Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian.

Plus a bit of good ole Roots Manuva, Blur, Oasis, Radiohead, Guns n Roses.

Used to like metal, but like most grew out of it.

FrierTuck
June 29th, 2005, 22:50
i recently started to listen to rammstein, and tht rocked my world, i have a friend whos totaly obssesd with the beatles though, and the only time he listens to anything else is when i force him to listen to KoRn or something

curt_grymala
June 30th, 2005, 03:16
AntiFlag

Sweet - I love AntiFlag.

Have you ever checked out Propagandhi? Slightly different style, but just as good, musically, as AntiFlag, and a hell of a lot more intelligent and belligerent toward the government.

I'm into just about everything as well (even a little bit of country). Some of my favorite groups, from each genre, include:

Hip-hop: Public Enemy, Gravediggaz, Grits (I don't know if Gravediggaz count as hip-hop or rap, but other than them, I don't listen to any rap).
Punk: Misfits, Huntingtons, Outer Circle, Propagandhi, AntiFlag
Metal: Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax
Death Metal: Living Sacrifice, Amon Amarth (they're more scan/norse metal than death metal, though)
Prog: Dream Theater, Queensryche (although, they're watered down prog, so I don't really know if they count).
Hardcore: Zao, Training For Utopia, Six Feet Deep, Damnation AD
Classic Rock: Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, BOC, Doors
Rock: G-N-R, Coldplay, Skid Row, Weezer
Emo/Emo-core: Brandtson, Stavesacre

That should tide you over for a while.

Cap'n 1time
June 30th, 2005, 05:19
deftones.
deftones.
deftones.

Onetonbullet
June 30th, 2005, 05:48
Cool, lots of punkers...

Nofx, Lagwagon, NUFAN, uh, I guess most Fat wreck chords bands...
TSOL, DI,....
Propagandhi rules yup...Mr T experience,
Millencolin, No fun at all, Strung out!...Useless ID, Bad Religion...
um...
The Cure, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Iggy Pop, Queen ...
eh...
Tool, System of a down, Slipknot, Korn, ...

90% of all butt rock!...Old county(no new crap)...
Uh,
Skankin Pickle, Sublime, Less THan Jake, Dance Hall Crashers, Goldfinger...

Thats all I can think of right now, Enjoy.

(OH yeah and VAST DIFFERENCE)

Onetonbullet
June 30th, 2005, 05:49
deftones.
deftones.
deftones.
I saw them in Sacramento a few years ago...I dig that weezer cover they do.

SiZiOUS
June 30th, 2005, 16:22
Have you ever checked out Propagandhi? Slightly different style, but just as good, musically, as AntiFlag, and a hell of a lot more intelligent and belligerent toward the government.
Nop, i never see this one. I'll check it out, thanks you. :)

I don't understand very well AntiFlag's Lyrics, but i know it isn't very "pretty". But i love the guitar :)
For example, i like "Die for your government?" or "Captain Anarchy", or in the last album (The Terror State), "Tearing down the borders".

Oasis, Radiohead, Guns n Roses.
Nice too. :)

I'll continue my small list :D

Metallica, Montrose, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Rancid (!), Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Deep Purple... :)

I forgot Brazen Abbot !!!

curt_grymala
June 30th, 2005, 18:11
I don't understand very well AntiFlag's Lyrics, but i know it isn't very "pretty". But i love the guitar :)
For example, i like "Die for your government?" or "Captain Anarchy", or in the last album (The Terror State), "Tearing down the borders".

I like the basslines moreso than the guitar. I think Die For The Government and Underground Network are their two best albums. I think New Kind of Army is decent, but not up to par with the two I already mentioned. Terror State is also decent, but not as good. The lyrics on Terror State are pretty good, though.

Their lyrics are usually pretty brutal, actually (except for their joke songs like Drink Drank Punk, Captain Anarchy, This Is Not a CRASS Song, Spaz's House Destruction Party, etc.). They are very critical of the US government and the intolerance of society in general.

As I said, though, Propagandhi are even more brutal toward all world governments and intolerance in general. The cover of their Less Talk, More Rock album pretty much explains it.

How To Clean Everything is a little more funny and sarcastic than their later two albums. Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes is absolutely brutal in a lot of spots.

All of them are great albums.

SiZiOUS
July 1st, 2005, 01:41
I like the basslines moreso than the guitar. I think Die For The Government and Underground Network are their two best albums. I think New Kind of Army is decent, but not up to par with the two I already mentioned. Terror State is also decent, but not as good. The lyrics on Terror State are pretty good, though.
Yeah very nices albums. In the "Their System Doesn't Work For You", i love "We won't take no" (track nb 18). Very very nice song. And in the same album, "indie sux, hardline sux, emo sux, you suck !" too :)
So you think "The Terror State" is not good as others albums ? I very very love this album. :) For example "Operation Iraqi Liberation" ;)

Their lyrics are usually pretty brutal, actually (except for their joke songs like Drink Drank Punk, Captain Anarchy, This Is Not a CRASS Song, Spaz's House Destruction Party, etc.). They are very critical of the US government and the intolerance of society in general.
Or "Punk by the Book" ;)
I found AntiFlags lyrics, and i see, it's very very critacal of governments :D
For example an album at Fat Wreck Chords called "Rock Against Bush" was done with them (and others band).

As I said, though, Propagandhi are even more brutal toward all world governments and intolerance in general. The cover of their Less Talk, More Rock album pretty much explains it.
Thanks for the tip, i'll check it out then ;)

What's about Rise Against ? Do you know this band ?
I discover them with Burnout 3 Takedown (PS2). Very very nice style. :)

Nice to see many punkers here. :D

curt_grymala
July 2nd, 2005, 17:02
What's about Rise Against ? Do you know this band ?
I discover them with Burnout 3 Takedown (PS2). Very very nice style. :)

Nice to see many punkers here. :D

I'm pretty sure I've heard Rise Against a few times, but it's not something that I've ever sought out. I think I saw them in concert when they played with three or four other bands and Damnation AD (one of the absolute best hardcore bands ever).

SiZiOUS
July 4th, 2005, 19:33
I searched for Propagandhi in my music store but i didn't find it :/

i never listen Damnation AD, may be that'll be interresting too. :)

semicolo
July 5th, 2005, 20:45
I love classical music (the age of J.S Bach the most), jazz, rock, pop. In fact the only thing I can't really hear for long is rap, hip hop and r&b.

SiZiOUS
July 6th, 2005, 14:16
rap, hip hop and r&b.
Same here. Sorry for theses guys who loves this music style. :)

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 23:13
whats your fav music type and band,

mine is anything metal and anything mrilyn manson (DUH)

orochi uali
July 30th, 2005, 01:28
Mr. Bungle...definitaly.

krowstrife
July 30th, 2005, 01:38
metal, Machine head and sidewise

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 06:21
krowstrife u got some good ones

krowstrife
August 8th, 2005, 09:08
krowstrife u got some good ones :D

I have only named 3 bands and only two you have heard of, as Sidewise is a local band from the mertopolitan arena i live in

i also like pantera, slayer,demonhunter,metallica,rhcp,sublime,36 crazy fists,chiamira,doors,pink floyd
many other bands, anyone know any good metal or hard rock, with decent lyrics as metal dids to have crap for lyrics