PDA

View Full Version : Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware CFW v3.80 M33 Details

wraggster
January 12th, 2008, 17:27
More updates on the release of Dark Alexs M33 v3.80 Custom Firmware for the PSP , Brakken (http://www.brakken.net/comments.php?mid=7ce5b7ac18ec5ce75476d7744) has posted News and More that Matheiulh gave him (Dark Alexs right hand man and a decent person as well)

Heres the article in full - just in case brakkens blog goes down.

Well, for all of you Dark_Alex custom firmware fans I've had a chat with Matheiulh about the upcoming release. First off all, there was so "set" release date. This supposed release date was fabricated by a certain scene site, made it into publications which is why Dark_Alex's responded to it's delay.

Secondly, one of the main factors of the creating remote update function is the fact that so many "so called" scene sites are using the CFW to further their own greedy money making agenda's.

Additionally, I was able to confirm that Zeus himself asked Matheiulh to add a function into the CFW to block out Datel's batteries. This was of course before Zeus suddenly changed his mind (due to money) and now supports the batteries.

Lastly, which is the best part Dark_Alex won't be releasing the CFW on Max-console.com anymore due to issues that Matheiulh wants me to keep confidential. Let's just say both Dark_Alex and Matheiulh aren't too happy with the state of the site at this point in time.

So once again you get the raw details straight from the source and not from biased sites out to make a buck, start rumors and spread misinformation to fill their own pockets. Don't you just love "the scene".

Thats the latest details, more news as we get it.

Discuss Via Comments

stevo11185
January 12th, 2008, 17:31
lol 'greedy money making agenda's' reminds me of almost every psp homebrew site......they have popups everywhere and link you to different parts of the forums all the time just to display.

^OH WELL JUST GET A POPUP BLOCKER

Panda Bear K
January 12th, 2008, 17:47
People, buy PSP games!

jefdizon
January 12th, 2008, 17:50
@wraggster - Yer killin' us with all these news/updates/features. I've been hitting F5 repeatedly on the main page since yesterday. :rolleyes: Everytime i see "3.80" i get all excited. :p

Hope it's worth the wait. ;)

PSP-1412
January 12th, 2008, 17:52
i kno same here i keep seeing 3.80 M33 then the word.................News can he just release it all read y or an release date to stop the suspense

FOL
January 12th, 2008, 18:02
lol 'greedy money making agenda's' reminds me of almost every psp homebrew site......they have popups everywhere and link you to different parts of the forums all the time just to display.

^OH WELL JUST GET A POPUP BLOCKER

Ermmmmm, not all SITES. I will never advertise, i pay for my server off my own back. pspuae.com network will always be advert free.

I also agree, ***something, has gone down the pan, there ssems to be no admin sorting anything out there.

ExcruciationX
January 12th, 2008, 18:06
Maybe Dark AleX will come here...

Nah. :p

mike_jmg
January 12th, 2008, 18:38
Hope he does, this is a great site, IMO the best one.

and yeah I hate all those stupid sites that charge money on custom firmware, emus, pandora, things that you can get for free because the developer wants it that way.

So they work over people's stupidity, and the worse part is that some people actually pays them

ICE
January 12th, 2008, 19:30
This is least corrupt site.. lol

EvilDooinz
January 12th, 2008, 19:39
why block datel batteries?

koh-kun
January 12th, 2008, 23:36
Why are people so excited about this release? At least, they seem more excited about it than the past updates.

Is it because we haven't had an update in a while? Or is it because it's actually something really really big??

Buddy4point0
January 13th, 2008, 00:32
yea, i see what there saying. the psp sceen has gotten really greedy and alot of sites try to make money off it.

jeegee
January 13th, 2008, 15:14
Sites will do this because ppl are stupid enough to pay them................. If ppl used a bit more common sense or spent more time learning about the psp and the sites that support it then maybe we wouldn't have this problem.

And i agree that DCEmu is one of if not THE best site around for hbrew and psp stuff in general :)

prankster
January 13th, 2008, 17:01
Sites will do this because ppl are stupid enough to pay them................. If ppl used a bit more common sense or spent more time learning about the psp and the sites that support it then maybe we wouldn't have this problem.

And i agree that DCEmu is one of if not THE best site around for hbrew and psp stuff in general :)

Well i for one would never have learnt alot of the things I know regarding psp's if it weren't for maxc0ns0le, I also recently purchased a 360 and their 360 forums were a real help as well.
I would add however, things being as they are, all the info you need can be found on countless bb's all over the net, take your pick, I guess I just stuck with mc forums cause alot of the scene devs were staff there too.
Let's hope things improve!

-Xandu-
January 13th, 2008, 17:45
Probably because of other competitor battery companies.

-Xandu-
January 13th, 2008, 17:48
Why are people so excited about this release? At least, they seem more excited about it than the past updates.

Is it because we haven't had an update in a while? Or is it because it's actually something really really big??
Well, it has a network update function and this so called built in emulators. Not sure how will that work though.

DPyro
January 13th, 2008, 17:55

Because datel is making money off the Pandora battery...something you can make for free.

jeegee
January 13th, 2008, 17:56
Well i for one would never have learnt alot of the things I know regarding psp's if it weren't for maxc0ns0le, I also recently purchased a 360 and their 360 forums were a real help as well.
Wasn't slagging max console, i've used their site before too and found it helpful. i just dont agree with charging ppl for something thats free.:thumbup:

newb_fo_life
January 13th, 2008, 19:16
Can some one help me my psp power switch is broken,any other way of turning it on??

jeegee
January 13th, 2008, 20:31
Can some one help me my psp power switch is broken,any other way of turning it on??

wrong place to ask mate.

AshtonNewton
January 13th, 2008, 21:12
So is Dark_Alex going to release this for free or will you have to pay for it.

celestial_guru
January 13th, 2008, 21:25
Safe to say it will be free.....thankfully ^_^

I kinda feel bad for Dak_Alex though.....he does such kind things for the homebrew community, and it seems like he only gets screwed in return =/

AshtonNewton
January 13th, 2008, 21:27
So when will we get our hands on it? I'm very excited about this release.

celestial_guru
January 13th, 2008, 21:36
Supposedly very, very soon.........until it comes out, though, I'll be playing SMRPG painfully slow on my psp ^_^

Seker
January 13th, 2008, 21:55
its always the same E-drama

someone does something good
the other do something bad

i guess thats the internet ;)

prankster
January 13th, 2008, 23:34
From the man Mathieulh himself over at MC forums :

EVERYONE PLEASE BEHAVE.

This is not only about zeus or ********** or even Datel. We wish to only release on dark-alex.org or through network (not even on exophase, lan or anywhere else.) for the time being for our own reasons.

Mostly because we are tired of people making money on our backs, wether it is **********, qj or anyone else. That doesn't only include news sites but also shops that ILLEGALLY make money by flashing m33 firmwares on psps or even selling pandora batteries/memory sticks sets, some will ask over 50 euros per installs !
Some even have the guts to claim sending a percentage of the money to m33 or c+d when this is not true!

We took that decision not only against ********** but every other sites that do make money over our work. Of course most/all of news sites do exist for the purpose of making money and yet, those are needed.

We can always dream of decent sites that make news with no earning whatsoever but considering the tiresome job that it is and how time consumming it is for people to actually look for news and report it on a 24/7 basis, I doubt that we will see such a thing happening any time soon.

Nevertheless we hope to be able to move things and that such a change may happen if we keep having a fair release system between each and every psp related sites (by only releasing on our website or through network, then we do not care of what sites do of the binaries once they got those.)

Another thing we are pretty much fed up of is the "news race" that tend to happen between all sites that try to be the first to news stuffs all the time, and everyone of them try to get news from us almost every minutes despite the facts that we do have lives of our own for the sole purpose of getting ranked up on Alexa.

To be honest I like the ********** comunauty which seems more mature than the ones of most other sites, this is what kept and keeps me staying here, the fact that we stop releasing from that place does not mean we wont keep posting in there. I think that most sites got carried away and forgot that comunauties are before all created by the users, for the users.

P.S. I do not think that deleting the threads is a solution, and I do not believe that moderators were closing those on purpose. A forums need to be moderated. As long as we discuss of things peacefully there is no reason for a thread to be deleted, if not then indeed there is. If people start flamming, bitching or cursing all over the forums, then indeed those threads need to be deleted or closed. I personally know most of the moderators responsible for the psp section on the ********** forums, and I pretty much doubt that any of them would have deleted threads just to prevent anyone from express themselves or share their opinion (wether good or bad) about this forum.

Also a personal message to Brakken: We (the M33 team or even the Prometheus group) never worked for divineo even once, and even if we did, how would this be ANY of your business ? I have yet to see your so called "proofs" about us working for divineo (which do not exist since we never done such a thing) Keep in mind that we were not forced to make free releases available to everyone, we just CHOSE to do so. I can tell you for sure that we would have not if we worked for such company as divineo to begin with. Now please stop making pointless assumptions without proper evidences. Thank you for your understanding.
I am not normally in the habit of posting other forums content elsewhere but I also feel I needed to clear things up a little for everyone here concerned.

When asked what the delay with 3.80M33 was :

It's just not done yet (we have stuffs to test and a few bug fixes to do) It has nothing to do with scene drama.

Hope that quells some of the drama in the scene, good luck to all with your psp's and thanks to all devs concerned, I for one am very grateful!

boo128
January 13th, 2008, 23:40
See here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85502) - it was posted on this site at 21:53...

F9zDark
January 13th, 2008, 23:54
This is getting ridiculous. Sure I am happy to be in the know, but come on DCEmu, just put up the article when the CFW is released. All this "suspense" is very disheartening.

dcdood
January 14th, 2008, 00:20
3.80 is cool. my freind got 2 psps (fat - cfw\ slim - ofw) the slim has 3.8 and it has great feature (new visualizer\SHOUTcast - based internet radio) 3.71's good however!

Lodis
January 14th, 2008, 01:37
Why was this part of what Math said missed out in the main news report regarding **********?

To be honest I like the ********** comunauty which seems more mature than the ones of most other sites, this is what kept and keeps me staying here, the fact that we stop releasing from that place does not mean we wont keep posting in there.

Strange how only the part about dark Alex no longer releasing on ********** was mentioned when in fact it is pretty much all other sites. :rolleyes:

prankster
January 14th, 2008, 07:34
Why was this part of what Math said missed out in the main news report regarding **********?

Strange how only the part about dark Alex no longer releasing on ********** was mentioned when in fact it is pretty much all other sites. :rolleyes:

They have added the m4xconsole name to the word censor it seems!

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:33
3.8 custom is out.
read the readme.
have fun!

limmk
January 14th, 2008, 15:02
finally. thank u alex!!