PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 FFXI invades Germany

wraggster
July 29th, 2005, 23:53
One of Microsoft's biggest announcements at this year's E3 in Los Angeles was support from popular Japanese gaming publisher Square Enix. At the end of the company's press conference, Microsoft announced that Final Fantasy XI would be the publisher's first game for the Xbox 360.

To the legions of Final Fantasy fans, the brief trailers shown at E3 weren't enough; they wanted to see the game in action. Next month, they'll be able to...if they're in Germany. Square Enix today revealed plans to show off the game at the Games Convention in Leipzig. The convention takes place August 17-21.

Though Square's press release never mentions the word "playable," it does state that "European gamers will get their first look at the next generation gateway to the world of Vana'diel" and "will be able to explore some of the fantastic areas within the game." However, it doesn't say whether the exploration will be interactive or part of a simple demonstration.

In other Final Fantasy XI news, Square Enix announced that FFXI: The Vana'diel Collection will ship for PCs on August 16. The bundle includes the original game, as well as the two expansion packs, in one compilation.

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 23:55
i thought gear of war was goning to be.

Cap'n 1time
July 30th, 2005, 01:10
i thought gear of war was goning to be.

I though I had heard that too... but its microsoft so they probably figure: why show off one of the most amazing game engines of all time (unreal3) when we can show our support for the japanese game market and make a buck!

I wish square-enix would just stick with sony and nintendo. Now were going to have to deal with an ass load of anime fans all over the place talking about their nude pinups of cloud. (no offence anime fans)