PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power drops details on BioWare's Sonic RPG

wraggster
January 13th, 2008, 01:18
While the marriage of the story-heavy RPG architects of BioWare to Sega's speedy azure mascot may seem like a combination too oddball to believe, we assure you -- the same company who made Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic is in fact making a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG for the Nintendo DS. Need proof? French gaming site JeuxFrance.com has early scans of the next issue of Nintendo Power, including a few details about the game, and a handful of intriguing screenshots.

The game, titled Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, will feature eleven playable characters from the Sonic universe, as well as other mainstays from the series, such as chaos emeralds, rotund mustachioed antagonists, and rings. We'll have to wait to see whether the game will feature some BioWare mainstays, such as murderous robots, or opportunities to swap tartar sauce with a member of another species. Oh, wait -- we guess that's a Sonic thing, too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/12/nintendo-power-drops-details-on-biowares-sonic-rpg/

Steely
January 13th, 2008, 19:57
I can definitely imagine this being bad... But I'll check it out. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Spidery_Yoda
January 13th, 2008, 21:51
Since the Mega Drive/Genesis days, the characters (all of them) have been so unbearably awful that i cannot see how this will turn out to good.

DanTheManMS
January 13th, 2008, 22:55
Eh, a Mario RPG seemed unlikely but Square turned it into one of the greatest games for the SNES. It can be done.

Dr._Zoidberg
January 18th, 2008, 13:16
BioWare haven't made too many bad games (if any) so this should turn out to be good.

wiggy fuzz
January 18th, 2008, 16:12
can i link this to the sega of america forum? this topic is huge :D

and i'm a big fan of sonic especially on the ds)