PDA

View Full Version : wraggster asked the question first.

shadowprophet
July 30th, 2005, 00:58
What was the best comercial game of all time.
Thats a good question,
But I feel its time homebrew got the spotlight for a seconed,
What in your opinion, Would be the best homebrew development ever created?
Not just for the psp and not just a game.
No the question is what is the best homebrew development ever done?
Thats a tough one:p I wouldnt even know where to start since I only came into the homebew scene somwhere around the dawn of the gp32.
So just of what I know of homebrew im gonna say the orig killerexplot for the 1.5 psp allowing most us psp owners to come into the homebrew scene.
But what do I know I shall forever be a newbie in the feild of homebrew because of my late comeing.
But im very interested to here everyones opinions on this:p

quzar
July 30th, 2005, 08:39
I am fairly sure that 'Feet of Fury' for the Dreamcast was the first ever commercially sold homebrew game for a console, which I would label as one of the most important homebrew developments ever.

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 09:10
best rom metal slug best hombrew, all emu's heh

ptr.exe
July 30th, 2005, 18:40
What has this specifically got to do with PSP?

Feet of Fury deserves some mention as being the first commercially released homebrew and bring h/b to alot of peoples attention.

Best emu is undoubtedly DreamSNES, this is the killer app for DC. There may be some bugs and its not full speed, but the fact that it runs most games at 80-90% is quality. All you need is a dSNES with 50+ choice games and you're set. Only wish that Star Ocean would work...

parabolee
July 31st, 2005, 00:25
My fave would be WinUaeX for XBOX, and the XBOX Media Center, that thing is incredible! Allows me to watch ANY movie type from my PC on m TV on top of giving me access to 1000's of digital radio stations! Unbelievable peice of software.

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 00:49
is that right? never knew that

geise69
July 31st, 2005, 04:13
Mine would have to be Genecyst for DOS that came out in 97. That started my whole emulation/homebrew craze. I really never called it homebrew cause it was mostly emulation at the time for me. I don't really remember much homebrew app stuff other than console/computer emulators. A close second would have to be MAME even though I can't say much for it now.

shadowprophet
July 31st, 2005, 04:18
My fave would be WinUaeX for xbox (http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=168), and the xbox (http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=168) Media Center, that thing is incredible! Allows me to watch ANY movie type from my PC on m TV on top of giving me access to 1000's of digital radio stations! Unbelievable peice of software.
That sounds pretty snizzly :D