PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex 3.80M33 CFW News Update

wraggster
January 13th, 2008, 21:53
Hi all still no confirmed details of a release but tonight mathieulh (Dark Alexs Friend and right hand man etc) posted this over at Brakkens Blog (http://www.brakken.net/comments.php?mid=7ce5b7ac18ec5ce75476d7744):

EVERYONE PLEASE BEHAVE.

This is not only about zeus or Max-console or even Datel. We wish to only release on dark-alex.org or through network (not even on exophase, lan or anywhere else.) for the time being for our own reasons.

Mostly because we are tired of people making money on our backs, wether it is max-console qj or anyone else. That doesn't only include news sites but also shops that ILLEGALLY make money by flashing m33 firmwares on psps or even selling pandora batteries/memory sticks sets, some will ask over 50 euros per installs !
Some even have the guts to claim sending a percentage of the money to m33 or c+d when this is not true!

We took that decision not only against max-console but every other sites that do make money over our work. Of course most/all of news sites do exist for the purpose of making money and yet, those are needed.

We can always dream of decent sites that make news with no earning whatsoever but considering the tiresome job that it is and how time consumming it is for people to actually look for news and report it on a 24/7 basis, I doubt that we will see such a thing happening any time soon.

Nevertheless we hope to be able to move things and that such a change may happen if we keep having a fair release system between each and every psp related sites (by only releasing on our website or through network, then we do not care of what sites do of the binaries once they got those.)

Another thing we are pretty much fed up of is the "news race" that tend to happen between all sites that try to be the first to news stuffs all the time, and everyone of them try to get news from us almost every minutes despite the facts that we do have lives of our own for the sole purpose of getting ranked up on Alexa.

To be honest I like the max-console comunauty which seems more mature than the ones of most other sites, this is what kept and keeps me staying here, the fact that we stop releasing from that place does not mean we wont keep posting in there. I think that most sites got carried away and forgot that comunauties are before all created by the users, for the users.

P.S. I do not think that deleting the threads is a solution, and I do not believe that moderators were closing those on purpose. A forums need to be moderated. As long as we discuss of things peacefully there is no reason for a thread to be deleted, if not then indeed there is. If people start flamming, bitching or cursing all over the forums, then indeed those threads need to be deleted or closed. I personally know most of the moderators responsible for the psp section on the max-console forums, and I pretty much doubt that any of them would have deleted threads just to prevent anyone from express themselves or share their opinion (wether good or bad) about this forum.

Also a personal message to Brakken: We (the M33 team or even the Prometheus group) never worked for divineo even once, and even if we did, how would this be ANY of your business ? I have yet to see your so called "proofs" about us working for divineo (which do not exist since we never done such a thing) Keep in mind that we were not forced to make free releases available to everyone, we just CHOSE to do so. I can tell you for sure that we would have not if we worked for such company as divineo to begin with. Now please stop making pointless assumptions without proper evidences. Thank you for your understanding.

Personally when you have your own website why would you release anywhere but on your own page, its great to see that from now on the Dark ALex homepage will be the only release venue and im sure like most others do that the whole team behnd these custom firmwares deserve all the donations they can get for the tireless work they put in on behalf of the PSP Community.

It is nice to hear it straight from one of the people behind the custom firmwares.

Elven6
January 13th, 2008, 22:00
Its to bad he can't take legal action, I can't really think of anything that can be done to stop this stuff from happening. Unless, he goes to the continent that would allow you to sue a corporation for really stupid things, hmm, O Wait THE EU! (For those that don't know, companys like to sue Microsoft in Europe becaue Europe is lets you win even the stupedist of cases, like bundling Windows Media Player with Windows Xp!

celestial_guru
January 13th, 2008, 22:05
It's really sad when someone does something awesome for a community only to in the end be stabbed by the greed of individuals

devdj
January 13th, 2008, 22:06
well at least its an update and i too am pissed off with max-console datel and codejunkies

Nikolaos
January 13th, 2008, 22:10
Wow, Money-hungry people these days..Sickens me. I just hope that 3.80 M33 gets released soon.

michael_dack_2005
January 13th, 2008, 22:13
Its a shame that people have to disrespect all the hard work that DA, the Prometheus team and all the others put in.

PLus charging 50EURs for installing CF on PSP is rediculus! that the main reason i joined thi here:
http://www.darkmessiah.byethost13.com/freeservice.html

gr8 work so far m33 the psp homebrew community should be waiting patiently - how many ppl do you know put in there own time 4 no benifit for themselves. could probably count the number on 2 hands.

lookin 4ward to a bug-free 3.80 M33

DarthPaul
January 13th, 2008, 22:19
Ok so where's 3.80M33?

bumfacekilla
January 13th, 2008, 22:19
These people just out to make quick money damage the community as a whole.

Dark_Alex and the whole of team m33 work tirelessly on these projects and ask for just what people can give. I don't know if I'd have continued working for a community that was so quick to betray.

Not that I could ever hope to be as accomplished as team m33 or any of the community's other great coders/hackers for that matter. One day, I hope to learn some coding. These people inspire me.

Raziel-chan
January 13th, 2008, 22:21
Its to bad he can't take legal action, I can't really think of anything that can be done to stop this stuff from happening. Unless, he goes to the continent that would allow you to sue a corporation for really stupid things, hmm, O Wait THE EU! (For those that don't know, companys like to sue Microsoft in Europe becaue Europe is lets you win even the stupedist of cases, like bundling Windows Media Player with Windows Xp!

Naah, just go to the US. You can sue anyone for anything there and you have a good chance for winning and an even better one for a settlement that will make you rich.

cya
Raziel-chan

BelmontSlayer
January 13th, 2008, 22:29
Ok so where's 3.80M33?

:rofl:

Buddy4point0
January 13th, 2008, 22:30
i can't wait to see them getting the network update to work forr custom firmwares.
that will be soooo convenient.

Shiesty
January 13th, 2008, 22:31
go take advantage of the idiots willing to pay for freely released psp software then. someone is going to do it, why not have it be you. although lying about m33 getting proceeds i dont agree with.

PSP-1412
January 13th, 2008, 22:37
Ok so where's 3.80M33? .

telnaur
January 13th, 2008, 22:44
I hope the less than civil people out there don't end up driving away the geniuses behind all this work. hopfully they'll learn to be greatful for someone who cares about us and stop whining for too much too soon

CaptainMorgan4
January 13th, 2008, 22:53
Sorry to be off topic but Buddy could you please answer me?

PSP-1412
January 13th, 2008, 23:05
Sorry to be off topic but Buddy could you please answer me?

what?

jackal_psp
January 13th, 2008, 23:21
I hope the less than civil people out there don't end up driving away the geniuses behind all this work. hopfully they'll learn to be greatful for someone who cares about us and stop whining for too much too soon

well said

Elven6
January 14th, 2008, 00:23
Naah, just go to the US. You can sue anyone for anything there and you have a good chance for winning and an even better one for a settlement that will make you rich.

cya
Raziel-chan

Don't wanna get off topic here, but theirs a bigger chance you can win in the EU, I mean Microsoft was forced to release a spin off of Windows just for Europe, what was changed? No Windows Media was included! And now I belive Firefox producers are sueing Microsoft aswell in the EU, you guessed it, its for including Internet Explorer with Windows!

I haven't heard of any cases like this happening in the states, but feel free to correct me.

dcdood
January 14th, 2008, 00:28
i could see charging like .50 cents just to help a complete noob. granted i only helped my freind. no money. (although he lost my lumines umd when i helped him downgrade like spring 07, and he got me sega genesis collection!)

btw: wasn;t 3.8 supposed to be out like 2 days ago. Suspense Hurts :P (curiosity didn't kill the cat, he died waiting for psp 3.80 cfw to come out!) - some dude

Panda Bear K
January 14th, 2008, 01:08
:rofl:It's no laughing matter. The release of 3.80 M33 is a matter of national, no, INTERnational importance!

Shadowblind
January 14th, 2008, 01:13
**********, huh....I don't think "mature" is the word that I'm looking for. There like little clones of each other, who cannot disagree, or they will be punished.

In any case, i think we all say a big F*** YOU to anyone doing this for money. THEY are the reason big companies hate homebrew.

EDIT: :rofl: Looks like I'm not the only one. The word censor doesn't even let me say they're name!

Ω

drock82
January 14th, 2008, 01:41
hes right its there firmware, the only people that should be getting anything is them...but im curious to see how the network feature gonna work, doesnt sony control the network for psp's-i mean what network or domain or we gonna be using-team 33!!more info please:confused:

phsychokill
January 14th, 2008, 02:14
hes right its there firmware, the only people that should be getting anything is them...but im curious to see how the network feature gonna work, doesnt sony control the network for psp's-i mean what network or domain or we gonna be using-team 33!!more info please:confused:
they will just change the location it gets the files from in the firmware so it will check their server instead of the sony one.

Raziel-chan
January 14th, 2008, 02:16
Don't wanna get off topic here, but theirs a bigger chance you can win in the EU, I mean Microsoft was forced to release a spin off of Windows just for Europe, what was changed? No Windows Media was included! And now I belive Firefox producers are sueing Microsoft aswell in the EU, you guessed it, its for including Internet Explorer with Windows!

I haven't heard of any cases like this happening in the states, but feel free to correct me.

I correct you.

Well, it just means that the court system is more efficient here...

Plus what about all these 'cigarette' and 'fast food' cases that usually end in multi-million settlements?

Plus, afaik, these cases you provided as examples are fairly irrelevant. They were suing Microsoft on the basis of it eliminating competing by bundling additional software with the OS and thus partially eliminating the market niche for third-party software of such functionality.

The case with Datel and others using DaX's work is completely different.

cya
Raziel-chan

camcorderdoctor
January 14th, 2008, 02:22
Why is everyone pussing out here? I don't get it. Just shut ALL your pie holes and WAIT! NO ONE should even be saying anything right now so just STOP! You will be the ones to ruin it for everyone and yourself! I am a complete and loyal fan of this project and everyone is ruining it. WHY? That is my question. Maybe I'm just stupid or something but aren't we all in this together? Seems like everyone is just out for themselves. Please, just stop talking about it - because it will not accomplish anything. OK? Why EVERYONE, why does this always become a war or something? Just RE-Friggin-LAX!

Someone please grab my back on this. It would be appreciated.

jurkevicz
January 14th, 2008, 02:47
I agree with you camcorderdoctor. Just let it go and eventually it will be released (and be glad for it). It's free, so enjoy it wile it last I'm 100% positive that as soon DAX release 3.80m33 SONY will release it's new firmware and will start all over again. People beggin and complaining for the new firmware... Give the guy a rest!

Mister Klownes
January 14th, 2008, 02:57
I believe I will also "grab camcorderdoctor's back," and agree everyone should just wait wait patiently, but I also feel the need to point out: the original post made some comments about no one running a new site without intending to make money. It may just be me, but I don't recall giving wraggster any money for the awesome job he does (not that I'd in any way feel guilty about donating a pocketful.) Just thought I'd point out that, in my experience, this site's never been anything but professional and genuine.

Veskgar
January 14th, 2008, 03:56
Someone please grab my back on this. It would be appreciated.

I got your back man. This has gotten beyond ridiculous and really puts bad light on the scene. There have been an unacceptable amount of speculation, rumor, and hype threads and to be honest, I'm more frustrated now than excited about 3.80 M33.

This negative aspect of the scene really needs to grow up.

ExcruciationX
January 14th, 2008, 04:30
Yes, the scene is showing it's true colors here.

I also would wonder why they didn't pick DCEmu to release their firmware here. We're supposedly better then Max-Console or Qj.net, even though we think we're superior to them and bash them on a regular basis.

celestial_guru
January 14th, 2008, 04:39

Well, in 2000, Microsoft was sued for trying to stop competition by giving special "deals" to PC manufacturers who included Microsoft software instead over other software of the same(or better) caliber. Microsoft was split into two corporations, one selling its software, and the other (I'm not 100% on what the other did) I'm assuming handled everything else

BTW, this was in the U.S.

Shadowblind
January 14th, 2008, 05:14
Yes, the scene is showing it's true colors here.

I also would wonder why they didn't pick DCEmu to release their firmware here. We're supposedly better then Max-Console or Qj.net, even though we think we're superior to them and bash them on a regular basis.

Who on earth said that? Just because we don't act like asses to newbies doesn't make us better then them.

osgeld
January 14th, 2008, 05:36
Microsoft was split into two corporations, one selling its software, and the other (I'm not 100% on what the other did)

i think one was OS dev and the other was Applications dev

mike_jmg
January 14th, 2008, 05:37
Who on earth said that? Just because we don't act like asses to newbies doesn't make us better then them.

I don't know I saw it somethime on a post I think, well criticizing Qj.

But I agree with ExcruciationX, they should bring it here, I really like this site

BTW thanks wraggy

DimensionT
January 14th, 2008, 06:15
This has gotten beyond ridiculous and really puts bad light on the scene.

It's not putting a bad light on the scene... It's putting a clear light on the scene, showing what it really is.

Everyone says "Gimme gimme gimme", then when they don't get it they start complaining. When it DOES come out and it's not what they expect, they bash the hell out of it. If it comes out and they love it, then they have what they want and don't care enough to give feedback.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

AuroEdge
January 14th, 2008, 07:46
It's not putting a bad light on the scene... It's putting a clear light on the scene, showing what it really is.

Everyone says "Gimme gimme gimme", then when they don't get it they start complaining. When it DOES come out and it's not what they expect, they bash the hell out of it. If it comes out and they love it, then they have what they want and don't care enough to give feedback.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Pretty much the skinny of it. I can't understand how so many people that are not involved or give back have so much hype about this. I guess any attention is good attention.

robocelot
January 14th, 2008, 08:37
Perhaps this is a stupid/obvious question:

Once D_A releases 3.80M33 via his own site then the genie is still out of the bottle -- what is to stop the the leechers who charge money from taking money to install 3.80M33 in the first place? Regardless if the updates after that use D_A's servers you still need 3.80M33 and that is how they can still make money.

All I see happening is D_A's site and server getting hammered on release day, a bunch of frustrated people bitching, and a torrent of the new CFW up by the end of the day. So what's the point?

No offence to D_A (because I admire your work and that of the rest of the team) but I can do without these "I'm going to punish you ungrateful cretins" rants just before a new CFW is released. Last time we got yelled at for being suspicous of team M33 and their motives, before that was the "I'm leaving the scene forever" emo rant. Enough, already!

The work you guys do scores 11/10
Your PR and liasing with forums 2/10

Thelibertyking
January 14th, 2008, 08:45
someone please help! i have a psp slim base+lite with 2 and 1 gb memory sticks im running on 3.80 firmware(not cfw) my homebrew programs on psp are quake and GPSP(emulator) and i also have a cheatdevice for gtalcs, my homebrews come up with error (80020148) and the cheatdevice does not work because psp slims cannot go into recovery mode! what can i do? please help me someone

Thelibertyking
January 14th, 2008, 09:25
COME ON PEOPLE U GOTTA HELP ME HERE!pleeeeeeaaaase?

http://<a href="http://www.ff-fan.com" http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/vivi.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You? (http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest)
Final Fantasy 7 (http://www.ff-fan.com/final-fantasy-7)

No_one_in_particular
January 14th, 2008, 10:13
Why are you posting it in this thread ffs?!

You're on official Sony firmware at the moment, correct? Put some effort in yourself and read up about custom firmware for the Slim.

PSPCulture
January 14th, 2008, 10:33
Perhaps this is a stupid/obvious question:

Once D_A releases 3.80M33 via his own site then the genie is still out of the bottle -- what is to stop the the leechers who charge money from taking money to install 3.80M33 in the first place? Regardless if the updates after that use D_A's servers you still need 3.80M33 and that is how they can still make money.

All I see happening is D_A's site and server getting hammered on release day, a bunch of frustrated people bitching, and a torrent of the new CFW up by the end of the day. So what's the point?

No offence to D_A (because I admire your work and that of the rest of the team) but I can do without these "I'm going to punish you ungrateful cretins" rants just before a new CFW is released. Last time we got yelled at for being suspicous of team M33 and their motives, before that was the "I'm leaving the scene forever" emo rant. Enough, already!

This is the inherent problem of releasing software for free - it instantly spreads itself everywhere.

Reading the initial post, I belive it can be summarised in the following manner -

1) Stop harrassing the developers for details on when the code is going to be released.

2) Don't mirror the firmware download when it is released.

3) If you are going to post details of the release (when it happens), link back to the official site, and don't just copy/paste the release details and a link to the software.

When the developers talk about people making money from the custom firmware, they are not just talking about people selling it, or charging to install, they are also talking about sites that make money from advertising - made off the back of news about custom firmware.

While the first two points are valid (no one should sell or charge for custom firmware), news sites, forums and blogs survive on getting the news out there, and the ones that get it first tend to be bigger in exposure terms.

b_simpson1999
January 14th, 2008, 11:41
i always come here to download my cfw. but i guess i can go to dark_alex website instead

shorty_carnage
January 14th, 2008, 11:55
Well ........ I hope it gets released soon.

I think I speak for everybody that we are all pretty disappointed that it isn't out yet.

Murdock
January 14th, 2008, 12:15
what is to stop the the leechers who charge money from taking money to install 3.80M33 in the first place?

I started reading the (most of the time kinda silly but funny) comments because I felt bored and because my pizza wasn't ready ... but my boredom turned into anger ...

1. Why r u repeasting the same dumb bullshit m33 is propagating? It's entirely crackbrained to keep repeating their wrong statements! Those people charging money for flashing CFWs to PSP are first of all not the greedy assholes you and m33 are claiming! THese people have stores and YES, they take money for flashing freely available software ... so what?! M33 would even be entirely unable to sue them for it!

Because they do not take money for the software (they are no software sellers!), but for the SERVICE of flashing! Can u unterstand that? It takes TIME to do it ... and that's what they take the money for! For their time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the software! Damn how dumb can sb. be not to see this! It's like getting upset about the fact that a motor mechanic charges money for fixing your car! :rolleyes:

Every goddamn lawyer would laugh at you if you asked him about representing you in this case! :rofl:

Or do u really think Microfot would EVER be able to sue a computer store for charging money to install Windows XP or any other app. on a customer's computer? :D Just THINK about what ppl. are telling you!

100 % agreed! First of all, it's not really a threat at all ... and secondly, it starts getting broign to hear this over and over again!
Just stop it!

P.S.: Don'T bother my spelling, had tu hurry since my pizza was close to combustion! ;)

bpatel4069
January 14th, 2008, 12:43
sad is an understatement, i have had the psp since day 1 from jap to the uk, 2.0 to 1.5 to latest firmware, i have never felt the incentive to exploit som1s hard work for personal gain, i am jus happy dark alex is the man !! i help my friends if they need to downgrade upgrade etc but thats it, customfirmware and mods helps narrow the gap between the rich and the poor, and conclusively helps achieve the international government redistribute income more fairly"!!! so that the rich dont get more richer than they need to be!! ehehhe

hydrogenoptic
January 14th, 2008, 13:52
ITS DONE AND RELEASED:d:d:d AND IVE POSTED FIRST ON THE NEWS!!!! CHECK IT OU ON DARK ALEX'S SITE

double1r
January 14th, 2008, 13:57
Well said Murdock i agree 100%. What i don't understand is that you can already run home brew on your psp we got Pandora to downgrade, if he stops making costume firmware you can still play your emulators and home brew. I mean god forbid you guys wold actually have to buy you own games and stop downloading iso's .before you flame me. I thing dark alex is the best coder. I respect his work and everything he has done. id he decides to stop making costume firmware we can still play our home brew and emulators a.. you guys will need to do is star buying your dam games.(and please none of that i use my iso's as back up so that i don't have to carry my umd's for 99% of you thats BULL).

meditare
January 14th, 2008, 14:09
huh. i can't update to 3.80m33

it says the system configuration of the psp system does not appear to be correct.

help!

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:25
i can confirm with the sugar-filled hydrogenoptic person, that indeed 3.8 M33 is on darkalex's website, so get it while its hot.

okay, meditare, did you read the readme?
you have to have the original 3.8 sony firmwire, and rename it to 380.PBP
and put that in the update directory, with the custom firmwire for it to work. i did an update on a psp slim with 3.71 M33-4 to 3.8 and it works fine.
also in the readme is this -> - Installation requires a PSP with 3.52 M33-3 or higher.
if you don't have this, you can't get 3.8 custom :)

any-way, it seems that my gameboot plugin doesn't work with 3.8 as of yet, apart from that, everything else works nicely.

happy downloading everyone, i think it was worth the wait.

good work to dark alex and the m33 team for this release.

phsychokill
January 14th, 2008, 14:25
Well said Murdock i agree 100%. What i don't understand is that you can already run home brew on your psp we got Pandora to downgrade, if he stops making costume firmware you can still play your emulators and home brew. I mean god forbid you guys wold actually have to buy you own games and stop downloading iso's .before you flame me. I thing dark alex is the best coder. I respect his work and everything he has done. id he decides to stop making costume firmware we can still play our home brew and emulators a.. you guys will need to do is star buying your dam games.(and please none of that i use my iso's as back up so that i don't have to carry my umd's for 99% of you thats BULL).
technicaly running an emulator is no differant to some1 downloading a iso as you are still getting the games without paying for them pluss without the custom firmware updates you are going to have to upgrade to play games then downgrade to use homebrew since the new firmwares cant play homebrew and the new games require the new firmwares.

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:30
you make a good point 'phsychokill'.

meditare
January 14th, 2008, 14:31
i can confirm with the sugar-filled hydrogenoptic person, that indeed 3.8 M33 is on darkalex's website, so get it while its hot.

okay, meditare, did you read the readme?
you have to have the original 3.8 sony firmwire, and rename it to 380.PBP
and put that in the update directory, with the custom firmwire for it to work. i did an update on a psp slim with 3.71 M33-4 to 3.8 and it works fine.
also in the readme is this -> - Installation requires a PSP with 3.52 M33-3 or higher.
if you don't have this, you can't get 3.8 custom :)

any-way, it seems that my gameboot plugin doesn't work with 3.8 as of yet, apart from that, everything else works nicely.

happy downloading everyone, i think it was worth the wait.

good work to dark alex and the m33 team for this release.

did everything above. after the black screen which scans 380.pbp and another pbp it says sce starting. after that it displayed the error msg... :(

HELP ME!

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:35
okay meditare, which firmwire version are you running?
also what is the exact error message.
this would be helpfull.

- Jase

meditare
January 14th, 2008, 14:37
3.71m33-2

"the system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFCD)

:(

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:40
okay, have you tryed updating this to 3.71m33-4? then trying 3.8-m33?
just an idea. mabye you can't go from 3.71m33-2 to 3.8?

apart from that i'm not too sure.

meditare
January 14th, 2008, 14:42
i tried using 3.71m33-4 to 3.8m33 but i can't so i downgraded using pandora and see whether it works..

any other suggestions?

phsychokill
January 14th, 2008, 14:44
is it not something you have flashed like an addon or other such thing that would alter the files in flash causing the problem.

electricbluej7
January 14th, 2008, 14:47
you can't?
does it have the same error?

meditare
January 14th, 2008, 14:52
Still Cannot! How?!

double1r
January 14th, 2008, 15:01
meditare
i had the same error i used pandora and when back to m3.52-4 and then updated from there and it updated to 3.80m33 fine i think it had to do with your keys. when i went to 3.52-4 and then updated to 3.80m33 the 3.80m33 update file patched my keys and the continue with the 3.80m33 update. so if you have pandora go to 3.52-4 and the update to 3.80m33.thats what worked for me. also i tried cementerio to re flash 3.71-2 but for some reason it still gave me the same error when i tried to update to 3.80m33. so use pandora and the 3.54-4 method. hope it helps

Cap'n 1time
January 14th, 2008, 18:31
And so begins the drama... again. Not too surprising coming from this team though I guess. Was it really necessary to post that in so many words? I have to respect the wishes of the coders / cronies of the coders of course and I think we could care less about hosting the files here... but damn... call the frick'n waaahmbulance why don't you.