PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 FIRMWARE HAxORED! Well, maybe. (sticky?)

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 06:40
just found some guy who CLAIMS he hacked 2.0. looks serious, too.

http://www.freewebs.com/xpatcher/

gimme ur thoughts. you might want to get some antivirus software just in case...

ghost2258
July 30th, 2005, 07:41
it says the site has been frozen pls explain to us what he said :)

PSP_Newbie
July 30th, 2005, 10:24
no offense, but as 2.0 has only been up for a day, i really, really sincerely doubt this is legitimate and real, its most likely a hoax, but of course, i could be wrong, and that would be cool!
(but highly unlikely)

SoQb0nc5r
July 30th, 2005, 12:11
i doubt it too ^^ maybe Sony was right about allowing homebrew? maybe thats y he hacked it so quikc, yay! i like to make stories to make myself feel better ^^

Shiaoran
July 30th, 2005, 13:03
the program can be easily a hoax :P

BlackxKnight
July 30th, 2005, 13:28
well before we go shooting it down sombody with 2.0 email him and snag the beta to test it out. :)

[File Name: Xpatcher V.01]
[File Size: 1.56MB]
[Release Date: July 27, 2005]
[Details: This will patch the 1.00 pbp file to work on the 2.00 psp firmware Version.]
[How to Use: After you patch the pbp file you will have to create a folder called "1_00_2" under the game directory.
now that you have that you will have to get the patched pbp file and place it and its contents into a folder called "X_200".Replace the "X" with whatever number you want the program is.For example if you have only two programs.Folder 1 needs to be called "1_200" and Folder 2 needs to be called "2_200".If you do not number them right you will have curruption errors! For example if I named folder 1 "3_200" and folder 2 "7_200". Then you will have errors.They need to be number with "X=1 to the number of folders in the directory!!" ]
http://www.freewebs.com/xpatcher/screen_003.gif

immol
July 30th, 2005, 15:53
This has virus written all over it.

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 15:55
well, its a good thing i saved a picture from the site before it was frozen. here is a pic of the prog:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1

and in case you were wondering, i am not xpatcher. i found this site and i am spreading the word. btw, i started this thread with my psp.

Cap'n 1time
July 30th, 2005, 16:10
interesting, but most likely not true. Guess we shall see when the site gets unfrozen

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 16:36
interesting, but most likely not true. Guess we shall see when the site gets unfrozen

unfrozen most likely tomorrow. if you go there, you can see that it says "monthly bandwidth exceeded".

Megaflare
July 30th, 2005, 20:07
where do i get v2.0?

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 20:30
well before we go shooting it down sombody with 2.0 email him and snag the beta to test it out. :)

I have e-mailed him...not sure if he'll reply, but I'm turning on my antivirus JIC! ;)

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 20:38
where do i get v2.0?

You can get it from PSP Updates. Here is a legitimate link to it.

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/jp/2005_0727_62f6d3d18038f463092e3d6653fae195/EBOOT.PBP

After downloading this file, follow these instructions:

1. Connect your PSP to your computer via USB.
2. Browse to your PSP's Memory Stick (usually E:/ or F:/)
3. Create a folder called "PSP" if it is not already there.
4. Create a folder inside "PSP" called "GAME" if it is not already there.
5. Create a folder inside "GAME" called "UPDATE" if it is not already there.
6. Copy and paste the file you downloaded, "EBOOT.PBP", into the "UPDATE" folder.
7. Close the USB connection.
8. On your PSP, go to Game, then Memory Stick, then "PSP Update ver 2.00".
9. Choose it and follow the instructions.

quzar
July 30th, 2005, 20:57
If I were a sony exec, i would hire people to do this and report that it works to get users to update to 2.0 and not be able to crack it.

IndianCheese
July 30th, 2005, 21:11
If I were a sony exec, i would hire people to do this and report that it works to get users to update to 2.0 and not be able to crack it.

Hire people to do what?

SoQb0nc5r
July 30th, 2005, 22:09
Hire people to do what?

he means, sony make it popular enuf to believe that 2.0 can be hacked so more people update, when really iy cant be crakced, so sony wins :)

^^ even i can read english ^^

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 04:15
where do i get v2.0?
i would really recommend against updating to 2.0 if you want to use homebrew, as neone is certain if this is a hoax, tho it probably is

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 04:27
wait so another site picked it up with the program listed? Someone with a 2.0 check this out.... I am curious as to if it really works.

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 04:33
that link on this page leads to nowhere for me....

MasterChafed
July 31st, 2005, 14:24
I decided to look in to this and here is what I found

XPatcher 0.1.5.1 beta (June 9, 2005) - Basically it allows you to download all the files to the local HD, burn it to cd, scan a local machine and patch it. No more doing a base install, plugging it into the network and having it infected before you can get it patched since you can now do that all offline.

So you see Xpatcher isn't even for pbp's it is for patching other machines without doing a base install. Anyway if he somehow has a version that he made that is for pbps then maybe it is true but it is looking more and more like hoax.

Shiaoran
July 31st, 2005, 14:54
'releasing' a 'program' that unlocks 1.51/2, and it's actually the upgrade to 2.0 would be fun if there was a board to 'Post your comments' :evil:

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 17:30
god damn hoax's and I was actually going to LMAO if it was true to see Sony's new systems cracked so quickly

Kaiser
August 1st, 2005, 03:30
god damn hoax's and I was actually going to LMAO if it was true to see Sony's new systems cracked so quickly

Wait hold on Cross.

Has anyone actually tried it yet?

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 03:41
im a rookie not a newb, ive been online for 5 years now, ad wwas wondering what BTW means... i never could figure out.. and have been to weak to ask... (200th post, yay!)

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 05:05
im a rookie not a newb, ive been online for 5 years now, ad wwas wondering what BTW means... i never could figure out.. and have been to weak to ask... (200th post, yay!)

BTW = by the way.

dont feel embarassed... i didnt know what IMHO (in my honest opinion) was until a couple of days ago :D :rolleyes:

BlackxKnight
August 1st, 2005, 06:33
also In My Humble Opinion.....or thats what ive always known it was.

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 17:27
I know we have not been told, oh and IIRC hd me stumped for a long time (If I Remember Correctly)

Anyway I know noone has said if its good or not but its been awhile and nothing....

oldsage
August 2nd, 2005, 18:09
I've never posted here before but am a regular reader...

I was wandering, what if this is exactly like KXploit, just you need different directories?
Would make sense, as Sony still needs some way of using games from the mem stick - there has to be some way to do it...

Right?

EDIT: Just got how stupid my idea really is... Nevermind...
Third sentance still applies though, it can be done, the question is how...

therod
August 2nd, 2005, 19:26
Sony can do it fine. They just use the correct key to sign their executables. The Kxploit is a hack so you don't need the key.

Mental2k
August 2nd, 2005, 23:51
i prgrmzored teh haxor for teh psp!!!!!!! 1337 m3!!!

on a more serious note, once something that actually works to unlock v2 firmware is released it will be released all over major psp websites, which check their facts. wait till then, now i'm off to boot up photoshop and PROVE to all of you I have programmed a hack for it;)

IndianCheese
August 3rd, 2005, 01:03
i don't want to risk screwing up my psp, so ill ask this: can someone try this? it might work (slim slim slim chance)

1. get your 2.0 psp
2. download a 1.50 update to your computer
3. hex edit it and change all strings of 1.50 to 2.10
4. put it on a memory stick in a folder called "f:/psp/game/update"
5. get another memory stick
6. put your homebrew/emu on it in a folder called "f:/psp/game/update"
7. put the memory stick that has the edited update on it in your psp
8. run it
9. when it shows the psp logo, take out the memory stick and put the one with the homebrew/emu on it in the psp

its sort of like a combination between therod's procedure and swaploit, but it might work. im too scared to try it.

JcBoyCool
August 3rd, 2005, 01:10
Some people in this world make me sad to be human......That is all I will say :rolleyes:

IndianCheese
August 3rd, 2005, 02:29
Some people in this world make me sad to be human......That is all I will say :rolleyes:

was that an insult? im trying my best to come up with hacking ideas, you retard. i haven't seen any contributations to the forums from you, hypocrite. just search for posts by me.

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 02:31
take a chill pill peoples.

JcBoyCool
August 3rd, 2005, 02:36
was that an insult? im trying my best to come up with hacking ideas, you retard. i haven't seen any contributations to the forums from you, hypocrite. just search for posts by me.
I am a retard now because I do not want to turn my psp into a brick? Ok I will throw $250 out the window to make you happy.

IndianCheese
August 3rd, 2005, 17:57
the reason i don't want to try it is that, by some slim chance it works, it may try to install the homebrew as a firmware, thus turning your psp into a vegetable.

Mental2k
August 3rd, 2005, 23:47
Actually, this works for ipods, in fact its even easier, all you have to do is change your version number in 1 file on the ipod then run a more up to date firmware updater, and your ipod will re-update.

IndianCheese
August 4th, 2005, 06:15
ipods can update?

*o*
August 4th, 2005, 08:17
not update but be installed with linux

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 08:31
the best way to know if this stuff works is to wait if wraggster puts it on the forums cause he has his conections :) plus its bin like a week, just keep waiting til lthe 1.51 or 1.52 get hacked

IndianCheese
August 5th, 2005, 02:11
lets get back on the subject of this post. has anyone found out anything more about this guy's "2.0 hack"?

Valiant
August 5th, 2005, 12:37
i don't want to risk screwing up my psp, so ill ask this: can someone try this? it might work (slim slim slim chance)

1. get your 2.0 psp
2. download a 1.50 update to your computer
3. hex edit it and change all strings of 1.50 to 2.10
4. put it on a memory stick in a folder called "f:/psp/game/update"
5. get another memory stick
6. put your homebrew/emu on it in a folder called "f:/psp/game/update"
7. put the memory stick that has the edited update on it in your psp
8. run it
9. when it shows the psp logo, take out the memory stick and put the one with the homebrew/emu on it in the psp

its sort of like a combination between therod's procedure and swaploit, but it might work. im too scared to try it.

why dont you try it then? How can you be so selfish to expect others to "risk their 250$+ merchandise into a brick?" If you really want to see if it works that badly...try it yourself. Otherwise, I do not think that a legit PSP 2.0 firmware hack is completed at this fast of a pace. Besides if this WAS really legit...wouldnt it be more popular? Go use google and find out if ANYONE at all has used this and confirmed of its credibility.

Mental2k
August 8th, 2005, 19:06
yes but theres a chance if he throws out an idea someone who knows wat they are talking about can confirm/dispell what he suggests, or maybe a rich child devver can do it.

Also iPod firmware can be updaed, thats how you load on custom fonts and images, from hacked firmwares, dont believe me? My iPod has numerous image hacks. And a font one.

yah_mon
August 24th, 2005, 07:36
yeah $250 + The very valuable memory stick.. unless any of you have a warranty for the PSP and MS you could try it almost risk free :)

yah_mon
August 25th, 2005, 07:57
I GOT IT!!! I know how we can get some noobs to try it on their PSP!

1. Get the program uploaded somewhere
2. Go to some other good hacking site and post it on their forums
3. Then some of us cool people at dcemu can pretend that it works (IE: "OMG IT WORKS IT WORKS I CANT BELEVE IT WORKS!!").
4. Post on here to tell us if you were joking on the site or for real (So we can seperate the real ones from the real noobs hahaha).
5. :) No, it wasn't my idea

yah_mon
August 25th, 2005, 08:49
sorry about the roughness of plan, just outlines lol

Valiant
August 25th, 2005, 22:43
And this contributes how?

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 23:05
its been thought of and tried. dont waste your time with this.

yah_mon
August 27th, 2005, 13:17
And this contributes how?

Well nobody seems to want to try it out, so if some real noobs got to try it and it worked then we could party! :D

Tomppa
August 29th, 2005, 13:59
The real noobs saw a PSP jumped off the chair and bought a DS.

YourStillWithMe
August 29th, 2005, 19:05
I believe that everyone (myself included) just needs to relax and in time we will find a SAFE hack. Wraggster will approve and it will most likely be found on www.pspupdates.com and www.psp-hacks.com around the same time so we can really truly see if its real. You all need to stop trying to be the SAVIOURS!, because no one really is going to give a **** if YOU do it. You will be respected but your not getting paid, have women, etc. etc. Just be patient and let all this cracking happen in time. Don't waste your time with foreign sites saying they hacked 2.0 or some sketchy site. Do you REALLY want to risk your 250 dollar system just to play some nintendo games and such? Because that's why the WAB version changer hasn't been approved and someones ideas, they dont want to try out for themselves. Were all scared here, so let the professionals do the work.

My advice-Stay as low in terms of firmware as you can because if 2.0 gets hacked or a 1.52 (if you have 1.51) you can just upgrade and get the homebrew! but obviously, if you upgrade you can't go back and you'll kick yourself. . .

cablio
August 30th, 2005, 09:38
I have 1.51 PSP, downloaded 1.50, 15.1, 1.52. I have weak knowledge about HEX editors and such. Editted the 1.50 by replacing the 1.50 strings with 1.52 (tried to find and replace decimal values also). Did what has to be done to update but it says file is corrupt.

If 2.0 is so new, unless there's information leaking from Sony or big lame mistake from them, I don't believe it will be hacked so quick.

I strongly advice NOT to upgrade unless it's sure.

hemsjones
September 2nd, 2005, 15:09
hopefully this is authentic and he has cracked 2.00 but only time will tell.

rpgjaugar
September 2nd, 2005, 16:41
just so you know psp ONLY READS update files that are HIGHER then the current one, this was prooven when some one found a hole in the psp, basicly you make a update folder in your psp game folder, and place the game in that, it then reads it as the next update and allows it to run, this has been prooven, theres a vid showing this, the only reason i actuly registered was to post in this forum was t oreply to cablio with this info, try that agian, but call it 2.01 or somthing like that, though only at your own risk
EDIT: im not sure where i found that info, but it was on a number of sites
FURTHER EDIT: i updated to 2.0 becasue i thought 1.52 can't run home brew, so i thought what the heck, i didn't know abou tthe downgraders available

cablio
September 4th, 2005, 07:32
just so you know psp ONLY READS update files that are HIGHER then the current one, this was prooven when some one found a hole in the psp, basicly you make a update folder in your psp game folder, and place the game in that, it then reads it as the next update and allows it to run, this has been prooven, theres a vid showing this, the only reason i actuly registered was to post in this forum was t oreply to cablio with this info...

Meh. If our target is 1.50 (or 1.0), we miss the most important part that actually makes the difference between versions (small bug fixes are irrelevant imo) So trying to replace "1.50" string with any version higher than the current, won't give any results since 1.50 lacks digital Sony signature. It's probably easier to downgrade 2.00 to 1.52 or 1.51 but they don't allow homebrew so there's no reason to try to achieve that.

BTW I dropped my PSP (in plexiglass case) on a hard concrate floor. About 2-3ft (70-90cm) traveling distance. That caused the PSP to shut down. + Some Cherry Coke spilled on top of it. Didn't have time to see what happened so I just wiped it really quick and left it. Few hours later I tried to start it and it looked like "first time start" My damn background is not the blue (with the waves) but damn PURPLE!!! Videos, pictures and other run with no color change. Couldn't find if I can change background in options. Please help! :(

Cirus
September 4th, 2005, 14:58
BTW I dropped my PSP (in plexiglass case) on a hard concrate floor. About 2-3ft (70-90cm) traveling distance. That caused the PSP to shut down. + Some Cherry Coke spilled on top of it. Didn't have time to see what happened so I just wiped it really quick and left it. Few hours later I tried to start it and it looked like "first time start" My damn background is not the blue (with the waves) but damn PURPLE!!! Videos, pictures and other run with no color change. Couldn't find if I can change background in options. Please help! :(

easy goto theme settings > theme

custer
September 4th, 2005, 18:19
Meh. If our target is 1.50 (or 1.0), we miss the most important part that actually makes the difference between versions (small bug fixes are irrelevant imo) So trying to replace "1.50" string with any version higher than the current, won't give any results since 1.50 lacks digital Sony signature. It's probably easier to downgrade 2.00 to 1.52 or 1.51 but they don't allow homebrew so there's no reason to try to achieve that.

I dont think the change of color was caused by it. My psp suddenly changed color too and I didn't drop it, I found out that it changed color because of the month change. If you go to the time settings and change it to october or november etc, it will change color. I guess each month has its own color

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 19:43
i'm mailing my complaint letter to sony today. wanna read it?

jesper
September 4th, 2005, 20:09
Fight tha power :P

cablio
September 4th, 2005, 21:51
I dont think the change of color was caused by it. My psp suddenly changed color too and I didn't drop it, I found out that it changed color because of the month change. If you go to the time settings and change it to october or november etc, it will change color. I guess each month has its own color

OMFG Why the hell I would like my PSP to change backgrounds every month (and all of them are so ugly comparing to the August one) I guess I'll keep my month st on August until I discover how to stop it. That's rediculous. :mad:
Thanks for the help, custer.

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 21:54
OMFG Why the hell I would like my PSP to change backgrounds every month (and all of them are so ugly comparing to the August one) I guess I'll keep my month st on August until I discover how to stop it. That's rediculous. :mad:
Thanks for the help, custer.

well you can change it...if you're willing to upgrade to 2.0 and lose your emu's and homebrew

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 22:00
well, now, if only we could find sony's digital sig, it would be hacked in no time

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 03:58
its official. i no longer care about the 2.0 hack. i got a new psp and sold my old one. aren't you all proud of me? FIGHT THE SYSTEM!

p4ch3c0
September 5th, 2005, 04:34
Nice triple post -_-

cablio
September 5th, 2005, 06:45
well you can change it...if you're willing to upgrade to 2.0 and lose your emu's and homebrew
I can't lose my homebrews cos I don't have any (bought 1.51)

And Sony's Signature cannot just be found. I believe it's a list of keys wich placed in an algorithm (Signature Checker/Approver) give a specific result. It's probably like a checksum. If it's only one key for all programs, it's gonna be so lame...

Saw your "Sony (anonymous).doc" I say you did a good job but I don't really think that's the first time somebody did it, or Sony will change their policy. If I were Sony, I would probably just release the programs for Remote Control for Sony Wega and Wireless Controller for PS2.

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 09:18
About this Homebrew problem....Is it possible to hide in movie/music-file?

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 10:38
I mean: Is it possible to hide the emulators/Homebrews in a movie/music-file?

BigDaddyXD
September 5th, 2005, 10:59
No. You cannot "include" an executable file into a video or musicfile. It would turn the
checksum bad and would make no sense to your psp. It would be "broken data".

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 11:34
If you can include a virus in a .mp3,then you can inclde a homebrew app :P

BigDaddyXD
September 5th, 2005, 12:29
no! The virus can only use existing "doors" of your system (mostly the Music/Video-
Player). And your system is able to run all kinds of executables...
If you select "Music" on your PSP, it can only execute !Musicfiles! at this time.
If you would like to include a virus, the virus would have to be Sony verified...
And if you find a way to verify executables... why inject it into an mp3-file and not
just execute it?? Do you understand?

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 13:56
Yes,I do think I understand. But are there not any glitches in Sonys Music Player/Movie player?

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 16:54
The PSP does not have the capability to run .EXE files unless you are using that Windows 95 homebrew

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 17:10
I know,but a FIRMWARE is like an Operating System,Right? And an OS is just a bunch of program that makes stuff work. Also the FIRMWARE need these programs to work,and the programs are not .EXE-files,Exe is just for Windows. So I guess the FIRMWARE 2.0 has it's own file-system. I hope you understand. My english sucks.

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 17:21
The worst virus possible now would be an EBOOT.PBP file (PSP executable) that formats your Memory Stick. That's about it. Of course, nothing like that has been released into the wild, yet, and there are no self-installing abilities on the PSP, so someone would have to willingly place the virus on his PSP and willingly run it. I know I wouldn't.

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 17:51
Ta-da!

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 18:04
What in the potatoes breath is that? It would be sooo much more fun if it was real...

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2005, 18:06
i got bored and threw it together in ms paint...looks pretty real, huh?

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 18:23
Yes,It does!

Sollen
September 5th, 2005, 18:23
Yes,It does!

Daishi001
September 5th, 2005, 18:55
Yeah maybe because.... IT IS REAL!
Or not?
Omg plz GOD!
LET IT BE REAL! :eek: