PDA

View Full Version : Dark AleX's CFW PSP 3.80 M33-2 Released

wraggster
January 14th, 2008, 20:00
http://www.dark-alex.org/logo.jpg

Dark Alex (http://www.dark-alex.org/) has posted an update to his awesome 3.80m33 Custom Firmware (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85553) for the PSP, heres the readme details:

Spread this awesome news (http://digg.com/playstation/Custom_PSP_Firmware_Opened_Up)

http://digg.com/playstation/Custom_PSP_Firmware_Opened_Up

3.80 M33-2

Requeriments:
3.80 M33 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85553)

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME folder

This update fixes a couple of issues.

- Function scePowerGetClockFrequency/scePowerGetClockFrequencyInt was not resolved properly due to a
confussion between the two nids applying to the same function. Fixed, this update is necessary
for plugins and kernel homebrew reporting psp cpu speed.

- PSX EBOOT.PBP that have a icon of 80x80 pixels will not be replaced by Dracula icon in savedata.

Explanation of icon issue:
In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80.

Download Both Files Via Comments and Give your Feedback and any Bug Reports via Comments

Shrygue
January 14th, 2008, 20:12
That was fast. Oh well then, time to update again...

ICE
January 14th, 2008, 20:15
Just head to network update if you're on 3.80 m33 already.

gavind
January 14th, 2008, 20:17
i have a question but first heres the background

i have a 3.10OE i think it is and i aint used my psp in aaaaaages, im going away for a few days and want to get my PSP out to play some of my homebrew emulators etc and my question is...

how would i go about updating to this new firmware and would it be worth it? , i have a old style PSP or PHAT as its getting called now and was just wanting to know if this new firmware would allow me to play all the old 1.5 Kernel homebrew stuff and is it worth the hassle of upgrading for a few new features??

any help would be greatly appreciated

NoQuarter
January 14th, 2008, 20:17
I'll go ahead and install this to try out the network update,really nice work!

Chronicle_Chaos
January 14th, 2008, 20:18
That was pretty quick. I haven't even had time to update it to 3.80 M33, but its nice to see a fix that fast.

Nikolaos
January 14th, 2008, 20:23
Ahahahahaha!! For you people that already have 3.80 M33 and wireless internet just go to network update!!! :D i confirm it working!!

EDIT: Holy crap! this update fixed 100% of all my plugins!!! Great work!

EDIT: SONY = OWNED, DaX has taken over network update now bitches :)

pooper
January 14th, 2008, 20:26
wow, pure sweetness that is the network update feature... thanks again DA.

camcorderdoctor
January 14th, 2008, 20:29
Well - it's VERY nice to see an update that quick! So it certainly looks like Dark Alex is in it for the long hall with his live network updates. That is frickin cool as hell - I hope it is worth it for him to do it. Everyone now has there own direct link to the man and his team! I am making a donation as soon as I'm done with this post. It's my recommendation that others follow suite - DONATE PEOPLE! Show your appreciation, let's keep Dark Alex alive forever.

blackrave
January 14th, 2008, 20:31
i have a question but first heres the background

i have a 3.80OE i think it is and i aint used my psp in aaaaaages, im going away for a few days and want to get my PSP out to play some of my homebrew emulators etc and my question is...

how would i go about updating to this new firmware and would it be worth it? , i have a old style PSP or PHAT as its getting called now and was just wanting to know if this new firmware would allow me to play all the old 1.5 Kernel homebrew stuff and is it worth the hassle of upgrading for a few new features??

any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure which firmware you do have installed, as 3.80 OE doesn't exist, and it can't be 3.80 M33 either, since this was released today. Without completely knowing which firmware you have installed now, but assuming you have a homebrew enabled one, I recommend upgrading to 3.52 M33 (http://exophase.com/files/psp/3.52M33.zip) with the 3.52 M33-4 patch (http://exophase.com/files/psp/M33-1234.zip). Read the readmes for more info.

You have to put a 1.50 firmware update (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4) named 150.PBP and 3.52 firmware update (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1209) named 352.PBP in the same folder as the 3.52 M33 update folder. Be careful not to overwrite the original EBOOT.PBP.

3.80 M33 is not ideal for PHAT users to upgrade to as of now, since no support for 1.50 kernel homebrew exists (will come later). 3.52 M33-4 is your best shot for now, then you can upgrade to 3.71 M33(-4) if you later feel the need for it (also has 1.50 kernel support available as an addon).

This is not the place to ask for this, so if you need help, feel free to PM me or ask in the PSP Help forum.

Good luck!

NoQuarter
January 14th, 2008, 20:48
I just gotta say thank you!No longer will my friends bug me to update their psps

dazman
January 14th, 2008, 20:52
Works a charm.

My PSP Pal Slim m33 3.60 is now on m33 3.80-2

I love it.

All works,

every piece of homebrew works

radi777
January 14th, 2008, 21:00
Plz Help! everything is fine, love 3.8... but ps1 Titels dont work anymore :-)
whats the problem ??

thx

tony9ball
January 14th, 2008, 21:26
I have updated to 3.80 but cant seem to download update M33 update 2. Weird! Can some kind person please email it to me
[email protected]
Many thanks

drock82
January 14th, 2008, 21:26
Plz Help! everything is fine, love 3.8... but ps1 Titels dont work anymore :-)
whats the problem ??

thx

i reckon its going to be in the next update 3.80 m33-3,hopefully the popsloader will be in-i have all the pops fromm 3.00 all the way to 3.71,so i dont wanna risk it yet until he comes out with the ps1 update so until then ill stay on 3.71 m33-4:rolleyes:

Mister Klownes
January 14th, 2008, 21:31
Network update...fixed plugins...fixed what appeared ot be a unique problem that caused videos to crash my PSP...Praise be to Dark_AleX! Praise be to the dark side!

tutting
January 14th, 2008, 21:46
Online network updates, sweet as f@@k :-)
Dark Alex rocks!

ectso12
January 14th, 2008, 22:01
Problem.

PMPlayer Advance won't play movie with 3.80 M33-2.

Anyone have the same problem ?

I am using the 31102007 version of PMPlayer

PSPdemon
January 14th, 2008, 22:05
anyone having any issues with internet radio?

i still cant seem to use the radio's ( they just dont ever connect )

ive tried everything ( except restoring back to 3.71 M33 ) to get the radio working again :(

anyone experiencing this problem?

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

acn010
January 14th, 2008, 22:05
updating lol thanks

ectso12
January 14th, 2008, 22:09
I can't get the radio to work as well :-(

PSP-1412
January 14th, 2008, 22:22
great now my joysen2.71.prx [game] plugin dont work is there a way to fix it i need my analog disable to play my games

PSP-1412
January 14th, 2008, 22:28
never mind i used the ver 1.2 now it work

Uruz 6
January 14th, 2008, 22:32
But what about 1.50 kernel support? I've trouble with homebrew... hope it gets fixed!

drock82
January 14th, 2008, 23:08
no disrespect to dark alex but i think he shoulda waited-to many problems are occuring,radio dont work,some homebrew dont work,ps1 titles dont work,no pops,-theres no rushing to upgrade-i mean why rush?for the radio feature!!besides a coder already came out with a internet radio,you can use that for now.just wait a about a week or so the custom firmware will be improved,patience is a virtue........:cool:

ps: im still on 3.71 m33-4, all ps1 titles work,including all my pops,and all homebrew:thumbup:

urherenow
January 14th, 2008, 23:47
radio works fine for me. So does ps1 files (Rayman, anyway)

Popsloader however doesn't work so if you require older versions of pops for your games (such as TombRaider 2 for example) then you'll have to wait for an updated plugin. You will also have to wait for an updated 1.5 kernel, although there are problems with it that DAX doesn't think will go away.

snes for 3.xx works, nesterj 1.11, daedalus r13.. all work

dbdownload for cwcheat doesn't work
irshell doesn't work (1.5 obviously, and 3.x version)

phsychokill
January 14th, 2008, 23:52
network update is great now friends will beable to install updates on their own instead of me having to keep doing sevral differant psp's each update.

telnaur
January 14th, 2008, 23:59
Maybe I'm the only one who can't update... it gives me a psp standard 80020148 error. I have extensively fiddled around with the recovery menu settings and can't seem to get it to work... (I tried on both my Phat 3.52 M33-4 and my other Phat 3.71 M33-2)
Any ideas?

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 00:06
first thing I try when I have trouble is eliminate all possibilities first.

1) format flash1 in recovery menu

2) while still in recovery menu, disable all plugins, ensure game folder is set to 3.xx, and turn off any fake region stuff you may have enabled.

3) in the XMB, reset the PSP to default settings (this will recreate the folder structure that the format deleted from flash1... shouldn't be required anymore once you have 3.80 m33 installed! Yay!)

4) now try running the update according to the readme (which includes adding 380.pbp and having your PSP plugged in with a nearly charged battery)

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 00:08
I hadn't tried the flash1 or default settings yet... thanks... I'll let you know the results.

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 00:13
*tried*
unfortunately this did not fix the problem... same results :(
would a 4gb stick be a problem? doubt it, but thought I'd ask just in case...

Sterist
January 15th, 2008, 00:23
*tried*
unfortunately this did not fix the problem... same results :(
would a 4gb stick be a problem? doubt it, but thought I'd ask just in case...

did you ever use one of the 10 or 20 different anti-update homebrews?

some hide the update icons so they cant be selected. others tweak an address so that when they're launched, the update is terminated and you receive an error.

you should know if you've done this though. if you did do it and don't remember doing it, then you must've hit your head pretty hard ;)

edit:

make sure "update" is in all caps
^make sure it's in the GAME folder, and NOT GAME(###)
make sure game folder kernel is @ your current firmware version and NOT 1.50

try deleting the update and re-downloading if you've done the above and still doesn't work.

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 00:31
4GB shouldn't cause trouble unless it's a fake. It probably isn't if it's a SanDisk or if you got it in a store vice ebay or sth...

8GB does cause probs with many homebrew applications though.

I would suggest now using pandora to update directly to 3.71... then try again (resetting to system defaults yet again first) and yes do it on the one with 3.71 already. You may also do the 3.71 m33-4 update as well to be sure (after installing 3.71 from scratch again. I upgraded my slim from 3.71 m33-4 and my Phat from 3.71 m33-2.

this will negate any files in your system being corrupted (unless it's an IDstoreage key) or anti-update stuff

last thing after that would be to try out the key cleaner.

DarthPaul
January 15th, 2008, 01:04
To be honest, I'm a dissapointed.

I thought 3.80 M33 would be amazing. Something almost bug free, with at least 2 or 3 major changes. But it's really all messed up.

I'll just update and see if I have the problem with the Radio and visualizations like others. The Radio is the only thing I was looking for, if it doesn't work, it's not worth to upgrade yet in my opinion...

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 01:19
I hate to be troublesome.... but it still doesn't work.... -_-

re-downloaded, re-installed 3.71 m33-4, and reformatted flash1 and reseted the default settings.

DarthPaul
January 15th, 2008, 01:28
@telnaur: Do you have the kernel on Recovery set to 3.71? Did you put the UPDATE folder in the GAME folder and not GAME150?

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 01:34
yeah, that I did...

DarthPaul
January 15th, 2008, 01:42
Lol well man I have no idea.

The only thing I have in mind is that you were one of those PSPs that had problems after downgrading and were unable to update anymore. TA-82 or whatever. The ones with that new motherboard.... there was something to fix it and let you update. But I'm not sure if that's your problem.

Sterist
January 15th, 2008, 01:44
guys, let's not forget... another major change in 3.80 which sony never mentioned..... you can play your PSX-discs / PS-store-PSX-games via remote play.

crap... didn't mean to double post. i'll rid that 2nd post later when i'm not posting from ps3

--tel, you may want to try disabling ALL plugins for GAME and VSH

Sterist
January 15th, 2008, 01:46
I hate to be troublesome.... but it still doesn't work.... -_-

re-downloaded, re-installed 3.71 m33-4, and reformatted flash1 and reseted the default settings.

you reinstalled your entire firmware?

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 01:48
yeah, I had 3.52 m33-4 but I decided to try 3.71 m33 however, neither work with the updater

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 02:00
do you even get the screen that says checking 380.pbp and what not or does it give you an error immediately after hitting the x key (or O key if you have a non-us psp)

and do you by chance use AIM? If so PM me so I can help you in real-time... that or IRC

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 02:10
no, I don't even get to that screen. only the white psp app loading screen than a blank screen and an error when back to the xmb.
I have gmail chat and msn, do either of those work for you?

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 02:28
no... haven't used msn messenger in ages. Have you tried to use the key cleaner yet?

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 02:29
yeah, it said that the keys were fine. I have an older ta-071-79 (according to the keycleaner)

motogenius67
January 15th, 2008, 02:42
any guides for modding? noobiee here..tnx

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 02:47
moto- do a search first.
then be more specific if you can't find what you're looking for (hardware mod, custom firmware, etc...

telnar... and I suppose you tried a different memory card? You've got me stumped without being able to rip it out of your hands and do it myself :P

telnaur
January 15th, 2008, 02:54
I'll try my other 1gb, however I've never had a problem with my 4gb... I added you to my newly created AIM (I discovered gmail chat supports AIM)

samaticon
January 15th, 2008, 03:40
updated from 3.52 to 3.80 just fine
now i have to reinstall my custom theme

Mario's Pants
January 15th, 2008, 03:43
Hi, I purchased my first PSP (slim, SW bundle) a couple of weeks ago so I'm a total newbie. I am totally in love with this thing (my DSlite is very lonely right now), esp. the PS3-PSP integration. Watching Dr. Who while sitting on the toilet is great fun... well, never mind.

Anyway, my PSP was version 3.80 as of two weeks ago, so when I click on the 3.80 M33 application, it gives me the standard "you're already at 3.80, you don't need to update" and kicks me back to the xmb.

My question is: either, where can I find the M33 install info for already 3.80 psp slims or can you please provide a run-by on how to do it?

Thanks.

DarthPaul
January 15th, 2008, 03:58
Watching Dr. Who while sitting on the toilet is great fun... well, never mind.

:rofl: Welcome to the forums!

My question is: either, where can I find the M33 install info for already 3.80 psp slims or can you please provide a run-by on how to do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g47BtjCaBuE&feature=related shows you how to do it. I hope it helps. If not...

Well Pandora's Battery is a "tweak" you do to a normal battery using a modded PSP.[a PSP with Custom Firmware]. It let's you downgrade your PSP and after that you will be able to run/install a Custom Firmware. If you know someone with a modded PSP ask them to make and lend you a Pandora's Battery. If not, buy one from eBay. :)

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 04:01
49 comments - Last Comment By Mario's Pants

ROFL... that's just wrong!

Anyway... you're screwed without a Pandora's Battery / Memory stick setup. When you get one (or use a friends) use it to install 3.71 m33. Hopefully it works. If not, you'll need to folow the other new(ish) thread about 3.60 installer for slim release 2. Follow those steps to downgrade, then install 3.71 m33 then this 3.80 update.

hhtw
January 15th, 2008, 04:53
ectso12
I have the same problem with you...
PMPlayer Advance (31102007 version) won't play movie with 3.80 M33-2.

Mister Klownes
January 15th, 2008, 05:11
So, this seems like a colossal oversight on my part, and possibly a very noobish question...but will we be seeing a 1.50 add-on any time soon? or do I need to go back and use the 1.50 add-on from previous M33 installations? Also, has anyone else noticed that music.prx will keep the console from booting up from a full shutdown?

EDIT: GAME and GAME150 of the music.prx do not keep it from booting up, only the VSH aspect.

mike_jmg
January 15th, 2008, 05:21
but where's the 1.50 kernel ;_;

Panda Bear K
January 15th, 2008, 06:16
So basically I just go to the network update function, which is the first thing under settings that's usually used for SOnys official updates in order to update to version 2 of this fantastiawesome software?

kryst abegnalie
January 15th, 2008, 06:42
but where's the 1.50 kernel ;_;

150 kernel is not yet included but maybe in later release, i hope dax can fix some bugs soon.

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 06:43
yes Panda

mike - DAX hasn't done it yet. give the guy a break! He has already warned that there are going to be some bugs with it though. Sleep mode in particular.

Uruz 6
January 15th, 2008, 09:56
Hey guys!! I looked at DAX site and there is a "1.50 kernel addon for 3.80 FAT" (it has the sign "HOT") so maybe...
I already downloaded it but don't have the time to look it up now... (there is an eboot and a few proxies inside) any idea on how to use it? I mean where goes what?

blackrave
January 15th, 2008, 10:02
Hey guys!! I looked at DAX site and there is a "1.50 kernel addon for 3.80 FAT" (it has the sign "HOT") so maybe...
I already downloaded it but don't have the time to look it up now... (there is an eboot and a few proxies inside) any idea on how to use it? I mean where goes what?

See this post (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85733). :)

Asinine
January 15th, 2008, 10:17
So is this missing anything now that the 1.50 kernel is here?

Does anyone know if the PS1 emulation is working etc.

blackrave
January 15th, 2008, 10:36
So is this missing anything now that the 1.50 kernel is here?

Does anyone know if the PS1 emulation is working etc.

The POPS emulator in itself is working and running with the integrated flash modules, however, some games may not run well on this newer POPS, and with no popsloader to load older modules, there's no way to play non-working games at the moment. Another thing is the bugs that have been noticed, including the visual player missing features, and the Internet radio player not working at all after first-time-use.

I, personally, am waiting with this upgrade. It has nothing much, for me, appealing to make me install something buggy. These will be fixed in the future for sure, though.

MARKO
January 15th, 2008, 11:08
really fantastic work , from the god of psp , but all my 1.50 firmware emus and games wont work HELP !

Asinine
January 15th, 2008, 11:18
really fantastic work , from the god of psp , but all my 1.50 firmware emus and games wont work HELP !

Put your homebrew in PSP/Game150 folder after you've installed the 150kernel_addon from the dax site.

djbrotherson
January 15th, 2008, 14:12
when you get the 1.50 eboot put it on the root of the memstick and rename to "150.pbp" then take the update files and put it in a folder in GAME380 and name it something other than UPDATE then run update... done!

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 15:07
radio player works just fine no matter how many times I play it. Format flash1, reset default settings in the XMB and try again if you're having problems.

luxoflux
January 15th, 2008, 16:48
The POPS emulator in itself is working and running with the integrated flash modules, however, some games may not run well on this newer POPS, and with no popsloader to load older modules, there's no way to play non-working games at the moment. Another thing is the bugs that have been noticed, including the visual player missing features, and the Internet radio player not working at all after first-time-use.

I, personally, am waiting with this upgrade. It has nothing much, for me, appealing to make me install something buggy. These will be fixed in the future for sure, though.

I have noticed that games read from the memory stick a lot more which is now making the game run slow. Playing Liberty City Stories, the fps almost comes to a halt when the memory stick is being read. I did some homework and made sure it wasn't just my psp craping out on me and flashed my psp back to 3.71 M33-4. I played gta lcs again and the game played fine. The psp reads from the ms a lot less aswell. My psp is a slim from the daxter pack.

djbrotherson
January 15th, 2008, 16:56
luxofflux>

i noticed that too, my 4gb and 2gb memstick sometimes just stopped working, there's definatley a memstick read problem with the new CFW 3.80 M33-2

kjetil1991
January 15th, 2008, 16:59
hm think im going to use 3.52m33 for a while =/

PSPdemon
January 15th, 2008, 17:02
radio player works just fine no matter how many times I play it. Format flash1, reset default settings in the XMB and try again if you're having problems.

accually after me messing with settings and such.... i finaly got the radio to work and made a interesting discovery

internet radio wont work at 333mhz... only at 222mhz ( weve had a similar issue before with the web browser in earlier versions of firmware.. i bileve it was the 2.xx ones we had that problem )

anyway... just set your psp to 222mhz and the problem shouldnt exsist anymore

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

note: im on a psp slim....not a phat. could have different results

Dembonz
January 15th, 2008, 18:59
Wow, thanks so much DAX! It's really exciting to get another CFW release from this legend. Only problem I see is the mem card access. Tekken: Dark Resurrection is sluggish...:( Ah well. But otherwise, I'm in love! Radio is awesome.

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 19:02
nope. VSH and GAME are both set to 333 on my slim. Radio works fine.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the radio player is just a java based browser plugin. If you think it froze up on you (seems like it because it can be slow at times) then you can always press triangle, and go to REFRESH on the menu.

mostly, I think it is just people being impatient. It stays on a white screen for a good while before asking you if you want to run the embedded plugin. The darn thing is super slow starting up. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. If you have never reset your settings to default you may want to open the internet browser first and make sure you don't have the internet cache turned off.

ChronoDog
January 15th, 2008, 19:15
Hmm, how exactly do you people flash back to 3.71? I want to, but not sure of exactly how, don't want to brick it by mistake :P

Does flashing it the regular way work, or do I need to do something else?

luxoflux
January 15th, 2008, 19:25
Wow, thanks so much DAX! It's really exciting to get another CFW release from this legend. Only problem I see is the mem card access. Tekken: Dark Resurrection is sluggish...:( Ah well. But otherwise, I'm in love! Radio is awesome.

With the sluggishness I tried to format flash1 and reset all my settings and make sure the mhz was set to 333 but still no fluid gameplay. Everything slows down greatly.

djbrotherson
January 15th, 2008, 19:36
Chrono>

why do you want to downgrade out of curiosity? i want to get a psp slim today and was gonna do the whole shebang... stuff not compatable?

I was under the impression that if something that isn't 1.50 (i.e. doesn't require 2 folders for homebrew) would work just the same on a slim as it does on my PSP-1001 aka PSP PHAT

homebrew i use:
picodrive*
daedelus*
furikup
afkim
cps1 2.3.1.
cps2 2.3.1.
uo gpSP kai 3.2 test 8.7
nesterj 1.11 rm
psptube 20080113
snes9x (the latest on pspupdates)

* = in GAME150 folder

PSPdemon
January 15th, 2008, 19:42
nope. VSH and GAME are both set to 333 on my slim. Radio works fine.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the radio player is just a java based browser plugin. If you think it froze up on you (seems like it because it can be slow at times) then you can always press triangle, and go to REFRESH on the menu.

mostly, I think it is just people being impatient. It stays on a white screen for a good while before asking you if you want to run the embedded plugin. The darn thing is super slow starting up. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. If you have never reset your settings to default you may want to open the internet browser first and make sure you don't have the internet cache turned off.

I tried that ( even left it alone for a solid 30 min. ) and the radio wouldnt kick in

i also tried refreshing and that didnt work either

it wasnt until i set the psp at default speed did the radio work ( and when i switched to 333 it didnt work again )

so as i said....it doesnt work ( with my psp ) when i boost the speed to 333mhz... when i put it to default, it works.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

urherenow
January 15th, 2008, 21:27
well... another difference could be from a plugin you are running that I'm not, or a plugin that I'm running that you're not...

many variables to look at

bigred969
January 15th, 2008, 21:31
have you tried changing the drivers around? i changed it from sony np9660 to OE isfos and so far, most of the game i was playing work better then sony np9660

mike_jmg
January 15th, 2008, 21:46
Custom Firmware Network update is the shit man, is the greatest thing ever

ChronoDog
January 15th, 2008, 22:31
I want to downgrade for a few reasons:

1) iRShell doesn't work on it yet (I can't live a day without it), it's the only app that allows you to run two things at once on the PSP.

2) There's a bug with setting the CPU clock, it reverts to default if you turn the screen off (I set it to 75mhz when I use it as a MP3 player, gives u 20 hours of battery time instead of 6).

P.S - to PSPDemon: there's a thing that doesn't allow you to run your CPU at higher than 222mhz while the WLAN switch is off, not sure of all the details.. maybe the fact that you override it creates all of your problems. Try setting it to 222 and trying again :)

pspfusion
January 15th, 2008, 22:50
Thanks Dark_Alex for the release :)

Just waiting for my battery to charge :o

ChronoDog
January 15th, 2008, 22:59
So, doesn't anyone know how to downgrade back to 3.71? I've seen somebody mention doing it earlier in this thread @_@

dazzlemi
January 15th, 2008, 23:14
For me, everything seems to work - got 3.80m33-2 and the 1.5 add on. Homebrew, PSX (not all working that were in 3.71m33-4), PSP ISO's ok. Haven't noticed any speed problems.

The free download from playstation store (Ape Quest Starter Pack) does NOT work.

Is there a way to go back to 3.71m33-4 ?

zmaster208
January 16th, 2008, 02:40
can some1 teach me step -by-step how to install the 3.80m33 on to my official firmware 3.80. Im not into these things sry. Plz help me out. My cousin stupidly updated when he borrowed my psp:(

FICHING
January 16th, 2008, 03:25
So, doesn't anyone know how to downgrade back to 3.71? I've seen somebody mention doing it earlier in this thread @_@
Yes yes. We do need a way to ''Flash'' back to 3.71 M33 but unfortunately we do not know how. Any kind of help in doing this would be greatly appreciated.

hhtw
January 16th, 2008, 04:56
Problem.

PMPlayer Advance won't play movie with 3.80 M33-2.

Anyone have the same problem ?

I am using the 31102007 version of PMPlayer

My current solution for this issue is:
Installing DAX 1.50 kernel addon for 3.80 m33

Then ... use PMPlayer Advance for kernel 1.50.

PPA 20071031 kernel 1.50 version.

No Problem until now :p

Veskgar
January 16th, 2008, 06:25
What's the latest on that memory stick problem? I am using a 4GB SanDisk Ultra II on a Slim PSP but have been scared to upgrade to 3.80 M33-2 due to the problems I've read people are having.

cronaroth
January 16th, 2008, 07:54
what tools do I need to make a Pandora Battery set for a PSP Slim?

jupchinbom
January 16th, 2008, 11:29
Anybody got any idea why does my MHF2 multiplayer lag frequently after I upgraded to 3.80 M33-2? Oh ya, the rate at which the PSP reads the game from the memory card seems to happen damn alot now causing it to lag.

AshtonNewton
January 16th, 2008, 14:39
Im very dissapointed right now there are 2 bugs that are pissing me off in M33-2. Sometimes my volumme acts weird and mutes on and off and wont let me turn it up. And when i open internet explorer it like it presses the home button. These bugs are really pissing me off get these fixed and i'm happy.

djbrotherson
January 16th, 2008, 16:33
Man I have not had any problems except my psp sometimes not reading my memstick and some glitches when i go on standby on homebrew

for example, uo_snes9x doesn't go on standby

and when i try it with cps2psp and you go back, the sfx sound like alvin and the chipmunks.

richard_jaca
January 18th, 2008, 06:24

I had managed to revert from 3.80 m33 to 3.71 m33 by running my pandora ms and battery to my psp slim with 3.80 m33. (pandora batt and ms was made using hellcat 3.xx & despertar).

my psp slim rebooted in a semi brick. i turned it off, replaced the pandora ms and batt with a normal ms and normal batt. Turned it on in the recovery menu by pressing R button and power switch. I went to advanced and formatted flash 1 and reset settings.

my psp slim rebooted and displayed a blue screen with texts. i pressed circle and then my psp rebooted again and prompted for system settings. Then after configuring my system settings, i checked my firmware and i'm back on 3.71 m33. and then updated it to 3.71 m33-3