PDA

View Full Version : MicroCenter Dates GTA IV

Shrygue
January 15th, 2008, 17:06
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/344970/microcenter-dates-gta-iv)

Has a retailer let slip the release date of the next Grand Theft Auto? National electronics chain Micro Center has released a sales circular with the bottom of one page stamped with the Grand Theft Auto IV logo, a few choice pieces of art, and the words, "March 08." That would be a Saturday for those of you who keep track of such things, which is a pretty odd day for such a huge title but certainly not unheard of. The circular warns that new release availability is subject to change, but it seems like an awful lot of black ink to waste on speculation. GameDaily, who broke this particular story, got in touch with the folks at Rockstar to see if they could get some sort of confirmation.

A Rockstar Games representative on Tuesday replied by reiterating that Grand Theft Auto IV "is going to come out during our second financial quarter of 08."

Triv1um
January 15th, 2008, 17:08
If it is 8th March, thats 2 days before my Birthday. Grand.

goity
January 15th, 2008, 18:00
Oh God. March 08 clearly means March 2008, not March 8th.

Triv1um
January 15th, 2008, 18:03
Oh yeah, haha. My bad. :)

F9zDark
January 15th, 2008, 18:19
Retailers are rarely spot on with release dates. I'd wait until I hear something from Rockstar before getting my hopes up. Besides, as great as MicroCenter is, why would they know before the likes of Gamestop, BestBuy, Walmart, Target, etc?

I love MicroCenter because they have awesome deals once in a while, but I'd think Gamestop would get wind of this first before MicroCenter.

Triv1um
January 15th, 2008, 18:59
Well Zavvi in my local shopping center say the 26th April on all of their display boxes.

Tree
January 15th, 2008, 19:07
at the moment there is no point listening to any of these dates till rockstar confirm one, but my option is that it will come out during April and not march ... i wish march but don't think its going to happen.

F9zDark
January 15th, 2008, 19:41
The problem with a March release date is that is before the end of the fiscal year in the US. So Rockstar would have to include all their GTAIV sales as taxable income. While they may want to improve their fiscal year earnings for 07, I just don't see that as the logical route.

As well, GTAIV's release would undoubtedly drive Rockstar's stock prices up and doing so at the end of the fiscal year could potentially hurt their stock prices (since investors of Rockstar stocks, would also, have claim their stock sales at higher price as taxable income, therefore, everyone who contributes to the stock's prices would be hesitant to increase it right before tax time).

The end of April seems more reasonable than March in my opinion.

Lycan_Ste
January 15th, 2008, 22:32
Actually goity you are a tard if March 08 means anytime in March 2008 it could mean March the 8th tard.

But back on subject it will probably slip and gta games usually come out around november or october.

F9zDark
January 16th, 2008, 00:11
Actually goity you are a tard if March 08 means anytime in March 2008 it could mean March the 8th tard.

But back on subject it will probably slip and gta games usually come out around november or october.

No need for the tard comments...

Shadowblind
January 16th, 2008, 00:52

Lay off. it could mean either march 8th or in March '08. In any case, GTA 4 is gonna ROCK!

lmtlmt
January 16th, 2008, 01:43
i thought lycan_ste got banned for good, he causes nothign but trouble and flamewars. Just see what he replies to this post with(or maybe he wont now since i have said that).

Lycan_Ste
January 16th, 2008, 09:52
Because you are so law obidient and you know if i did do nothing but cause trouble and flamewars you wouldn't try to fuel me by posting like that.

March the 8th or anytime in 2008 i look forward to this release!

lmtlmt
January 16th, 2008, 10:34
do you have multiple personalities?

Lycan_Ste
January 16th, 2008, 16:47
Yes

Who said that?

F9zDark
January 16th, 2008, 17:58
Because you are so law obidient and you know if i did do nothing but cause trouble and flamewars you wouldn't try to fuel me by posting like that.

March the 8th or anytime in 2008 i look forward to this release!

All I am saying is, you don't need to resort to insults to get your point across. March 08 could mean the 8th or 2008, so its an honest "mistake".

Lycan_Ste
January 16th, 2008, 19:35
No it is how he tried to make out that a fellow member was a tard so you know.