02-08-05 v0.02
- Menu options
- Number helper
- Square helper
- Time os-off
- Select level

wraggster
July 30th, 2005, 19:37
awesome release, ive stickied the topic and also posted screenshots and mirrored it here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspsudoko.shtml

El Nacho
July 30th, 2005, 23:20
Great game. I love Sudoko. May I request that you make the timer an option that the user may choose to turn off in the next version? I don't like to feel rushed when playing this game.

Thanks.

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 23:29
i liekd the other one better

MaxSMoke
July 31st, 2005, 14:01
This is a very interesting game, but it needs the computer to check the lines and highlight those that don't work. I dunno if that's considered cheating or not, but it's a royal pain trying to check each line and 3x3 grid by hand.

Also, you could use Bitmaps for the grid and numbers, and make the game REALLY pruddy! :D

qlfecv
July 31st, 2005, 21:20
May I request that you make the timer an option that the user may choose to turn off in the next version?

I don't understand you request. to eliminate the time? or stop it?

I dunno if that's considered cheating or not, but it's a royal pain trying to check each line and 3x3 grid by hand.

Done :)

El Nacho
August 1st, 2005, 06:53
I don't understand you request. to eliminate the time? or stop it?

I would like an option to eliminate the timer.

wraggster
August 2nd, 2005, 23:18
as you can see its been updated :)

DDRLord
August 3rd, 2005, 04:13
Just finished my first game on the latest version, and I loved it.
But (it might have been just me) it crashed as soon as I put in the last number.
I was also wondering if you could possibly add in one tiny feature...
It'd be nice if there were a button to check for multiples in a square/row/column. You could set one of the free buttons (or a menu option or whatnot) that would mark in red any repeats. I occasionally make some mistakes due to not pressing the buttons hard enough, or too fast or whatnot.
Oh, when I'm on the menu it crashes back to the game (showing only the background, with no controls working) when I try and save settings.

But otherwise...
BEST GAME ON THE PSP, HANDS DOWN.
Who needs Hot Shots Golf when I have this.
;)

El Nacho
August 3rd, 2005, 04:33
Yes it freezes up for me too when I win.

But I LOVE the new features. Very nice program.

The color changes are much easier for my eyes. And thanks for adding the timer option.

MaxSMoke
August 3rd, 2005, 16:42
It looks like the 1.5 firmware exploit you're using doesn't work. But I've had no problem using "SeiPSPTool.exe" to convert it over to a usable format, but the 1.5 version you included in the archive just gives an error. It could be the folder name, I'm not too sure. But using that tool, it works fine.

BTW, what about allowing the end user to make up different sets of backgrounds and number/icon sets, using some kinda set of image files? And maybe even an option to randomly pick a different icon/background sets each time the game starts? And/Or use one of the PSP buttons to change sets? There's alot of unused buttons there.

I just keep asking for features! It couldn't hurt to ask, right? :D

qlfecv
August 3rd, 2005, 21:44
When you win the screen not is good,still. I'm thinking about it.

But, never it has failed to me when I win ??????.

I am thinking to put musica to this game, some idea?

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 22:08
i updated this thread with the release from yesterday qlfecv :)

DDRLord
August 4th, 2005, 04:58
qlfcev:
Yo recomendaria que copies parte de ese media center que tenien en el PSP, asi el usario podria escoger su propia musica (si toca lo que esta en PSP/MUSIC tambien podrias usar otros progama de musica, y solo necesitarias una copia del MP3.) Y no se si lo quieres, pero traduci tu readme, si quieres una copia en Ingles. Disculpame si he escrito algo mal, pero nunca he escrito en Espanol. Ni lo he usado fuera de mi casa.

For the rest of you:
I recommend that you copy part of that media center that they have on the PSP, so that way the user can choose their own music (if it plays whatever is in PSP/MUSIC you could also use other music programs, without needing multiple copies of the MP3.) Also, I don't know if you want it, but I translated your readme, in case you want a copy in English. Please forgive me if I wrote something wrong, but I've never written in Spanish. I've never even used it outside of my home.

Ah, nothing like participating in the PSP Scene and practicing your rusty Spanish writing skills at the same time. I haven't had a chance to write in it since I was a young lad living in Peru, so many years ago.

qlfecv
August 4th, 2005, 08:54
Gracias DDRLord.

Si que quiero el readme, no lo he traducido por 2 motivos: tiempo libre y mi mal ingles :(. Si me lo puedes enviar a [email protected] te lo agradecere.

Lo de la musica voy a buscar el source de mediaplayer para ver como implementarlo y evidentemente usar los files de PSP/MUSIC, pero a lo que yo me referia es que tipo de musica le va al programa? :).

Enhorabuena por tu espaņol ;) .

Thks
qlfecv

offcina
August 4th, 2005, 13:14
hola qlfecv.

soy Portugues por iso perdona por mi muy fraco espaņol.
yo penso que la tecla quadrado, la que sevolve lo puzzle deveria tener una o dos perguntas de confirmacion...lo que pasa es que quando estoy jugando..puedo tocar en ese buton ...e todo mi trabajo se va... entiendes?

otra cosa...hayer me parece que ha conseguido resolver mi PRIMERO puzzle e al fial no tiene nada...ni tanpoco uno ENHORABUENA ;)
es asi o simplesmente no estava corecto?

gracias

offcina
August 4th, 2005, 16:23
lo que passava es que yo no habia ganado.
ahora si ganei e se queda en lo ultimo numero(FREEZE). e no hace nada mas.

es possible hacer algum tipo de suporte para apuntamentos (pencil imput)?

qlfecv
August 4th, 2005, 17:34
I think the problem is to use "number helper" can you try it?

wraggster
August 4th, 2005, 18:17
Hello to spanish psp users :)

DDRLord
August 4th, 2005, 20:08
Hello to spanish psp users :)
Pssh... more like Spanish speaking Brit born in Peru, raised in New York, and currently residing in sunny South Florida.
But close enough. ;)

It's unfortunate that Sudoku isn't a exactly a graphically heavy game, because it certainly needs some menu images that show just how awesome it truly is.

EDIT:
Popped open Giga Phil's template and gave it a go. Not exactly very good, but it's better than nuthin'
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9343/icon029hq.png
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4911/pic125zw.png

offcina
August 4th, 2005, 20:34
I think the problem is to use "number helper" can you try it?

i'm not using any number helper!

qlfecv
August 4th, 2005, 21:02
Finally I found bug, I have had to make many puzzles to give with.

There is new release :)

pretty pics :), next relase will add then.

wraggster
August 4th, 2005, 21:39
thanks for the news and posted :)

offcina
August 4th, 2005, 22:01
hi

is it possible to add what i sugested?

qlfecv
August 5th, 2005, 08:35
es possible hacer algum tipo de suporte para apuntamentos (pencil imput)?

No, the PSP don't support it.

MSX
August 5th, 2005, 14:34
The Fayetteville Observer just starting putting Sudoko in the comics/games part of the newspaper about 3 days ago...pretty cool!

offcina
August 5th, 2005, 15:36
No, the PSP don't support it.

poede ser que sea possible... imagina esto:

se quieres poner un apuntamentoun una casa se abriria una otra ventana onde poderias escribir las 2, 3 4 ou 5 posiveis numeros.
yo se que en la pantala principal no se puede mostrar., pero poderias cambiar a colar de todas las casa que teniam mas que unop numero ...poderia por exemplo ser rojo. asi se saberia que en determinada casa haveria mas de un numero, simpre qua passes por esa casa se abriria la outra ventana e se veria los numeros possibles, e ai los cambiariamos. quando esteamos seguros de lo resultado..bastaria borrar todas los numero s e noner a definitivo un solo.

espero qu me has entendido.

se quieres poderemos hablar por msn [email protected]

un saludo.

offcina
August 10th, 2005, 16:07
entonces?????
te parece imposible?

offcina
August 12th, 2005, 20:23
7 days of silence???? hollydays?? ;)

offcina
August 31st, 2005, 13:23
did u stop the development?

ProTH
September 12th, 2005, 15:56
I enjoy the game. It does what it should do, with workable controls. If I were to request a feature, though, it would be the ability to save a game. These puzzles can take quite a while to solve, and it'd be nice to be able to leave it and come back.

geseekoo444
January 13th, 2006, 17:37
can someone help i cant get it to work "Cannot Start Game: Data is Corrupt"?

saif
March 12th, 2006, 09:40
how do you put it on your psp

exuptoy
March 12th, 2006, 23:58
can someone help i cant get it to work "Cannot Start Game: Data is Corrupt"?

Same here. I know I am a newbie but its on there :D

exuptoy
March 13th, 2006, 00:02
BTW I am using 2.01 firmware. GTA Eloader installed to run homebrew, do I need to use that instead to access the game.

samsmyth
July 29th, 2006, 10:34
i can't get it to work, I am running 1.5

splodger15
July 29th, 2006, 11:23
BTW I am using 2.01 firmware. GTA Eloader installed to run homebrew, do I need to use that instead to access the game.

why dont you just downgrade to 1.5

samsmyth
July 29th, 2006, 14:24
i am using 1.5 fw. i can only get older version 1st version i mean to work