PDA

View Full Version : [PS3]Gametrailers Admit they don't use RGB Full Option

F9zDark
January 15th, 2008, 19:10

"We don't create these videos for the fanboys. That's not the point. We create them so that people who own both systems can be a little more informed on which version to buy. It's the fanboys that turn the comments section for these videos into a debacle.

As for using RGB or adjusting the white levels on the PS3, that completely defeats the point of these videos. We play both systems on default settings with the same cabling. If we were to adjust the settings on the PS3 to make it look better then we'd be sacrificing the integrity of the video. It's not the other way around."

Many comparison videos of games on the PS3 and Xbox360 from Gametrailers have the PS3 version looking faded; which is often cited against the PS3. However, if the TV allows RGB Full, it is on by default. Otherwise it is off to save energy.

lmtlmt
January 16th, 2008, 01:40
bloody fanboy assholes

DPyro
January 16th, 2008, 02:26
LoL. Gametrailers = fail.

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2008, 02:39
I think Gametrailers are doing it right.

DPyro
January 16th, 2008, 02:49
No, their not. Their refusing to enable a feature and yet complaining the video looks washed out.

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2008, 02:55
No, their not. Their refusing to enable a feature and yet complaining the video looks washed out.

Why? Because both systems in default mode proved the 360 is doing better? Of course, changing to a better settings, the PS3 will be better than the 360 in default.

F9zDark
January 16th, 2008, 03:04
Why? Because both systems in default mode proved the 360 is doing better? Of course, changing to a better settings, the PS3 will be better than the 360 in default.

It isn't doing better, default setting for the PS3 as Sony designed it, is HDMI, 1080p with RGB Full on (is on automatically on HDMI that is plugged into a TV that allows it).

They "say" they cannot record videos through HDMI. More like its because they don't have a 360 with an HDMI port (which is what about all 12 million of them out there?)

lmtlmt
January 16th, 2008, 03:46
you tell it brotha!

Cloudhunter
January 16th, 2008, 07:50
I think Gametrailers are doing it right.

Who cares what you think, you're a stupid whining fan boy/it/thing.

Cloudy

lmtlmt
January 16th, 2008, 08:41
cloudy only speaks truth:D

Lycan_Ste
January 16th, 2008, 09:54
I'm afraid i have to agree, sony built a HD console microsoft didn't, its microsofts problem not sony's.

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2008, 15:15
Who cares what you think, you're a stupid whining fan boy/it/thing.

Cloudy
Very interesting. Read the rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=37&a=4) before posting.

ketchup
January 16th, 2008, 15:16
Well if anybody can record from the HDMI please let me know how!! I'm sure so many hackers and pirates would love to be able to do this too.

With that in mind, and the fact that there are Xbox360 Elites out there also with HDMI output, then if HDMI direct recording was possible THEN a decent comparison could be made. As it is the only way they can capture the video is via component cables which is not the PS3's strong point obviously.

With component o/p the 360 seems to be a little bit better. With HDMI who knows as a comparison is not so easy to do... plus not all 360's can even have HDMI o/p. (mine can't btw.).

So there is a point to Gametrailers comparisons but it doesn't excuse them from not saying whether or not the so called "faded" look etc.. is an issue when using HDMI with the PS3.

p.s. Just for note, "most" HDTV's are LCD and the colour depth of these are quite poor. Anyone got a CRT Full HDTV? Thought not!

Accordion
January 16th, 2008, 16:24
HDMI full is a non issue if the testing is done via component cables, all device outputs vary however and i do wonder if any measures are taken to ensure correct calibration of the TV for both sources. Tvs feature extensive settings for a reason, and any colour, contrast, brightness, sharpness settings can usally be rectified.

DPyro
January 16th, 2008, 16:55
If they really wanted to do a comparison they would compare the consoles to their full potential. But as far as I'm concerned, gametrailers is owned by Viacom and Viacom is getting money from Microsoft.

Lycan_Ste
January 16th, 2008, 16:56
All i will say is i made my decision when i picked metal gear solid over halo.

VexnadFett
January 17th, 2008, 02:36
I observe a lot and i am really tired of seeing jkkdark comment negatively in the ps3 area and think anyone cares what he has to say...
His signature is also frustrating and tired, he should take a break from commenting news ^c^

Cloudhunter
January 18th, 2008, 11:25
Very interesting. Read the rules (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=37&a=4) before posting.

Well, maybe not stupid - but whining fanboy still counts.

Cloudy

lmtlmt
January 18th, 2008, 11:37
no JKKDARK is stupid cloudy and dont say otherwise.

yaustar
January 18th, 2008, 14:09
Keep the personal insults down. I don't mind if you objectively disagree but if you have to insult someone to get your point across then I will start issuing straight infractions without warnings.

F9zDark
January 19th, 2008, 01:27
Keep the personal insults down. I don't mind if you objectively disagree but if you have to insult someone to get your point across then I will start issuing straight infractions without warnings.

Well can JKKDark get infractions for flamebaiting all the damn time? Its one thing to be part of a flame war, its wholly another to start it.

Cloudhunter
January 20th, 2008, 13:44
JKKDARK goes out of his way to insult the PS3 at absolutely every turn, and frankly I'm getting sick of it - especially as being a news poster he represents the site.

Everyone notices it, but it seems like the mods/admins have a blind spot where he is concerned.

I'm a long standing member of this site, follow the rules by the letter (I've NEVER had an infraction), and it's my favourite site for news - but it could do without people like him flaming/baiting.

Cloudy

lmtlmt
January 20th, 2008, 23:03
well said mate

Balthasar00
May 13th, 2008, 01:37
Agree with you Cloudy he's annoying.

The Hombrew Hunter
May 13th, 2008, 04:11
Honestly, I think everyone here is being a fanboy.

Now can we please continue with discussion without flames at eachother?

Sure, JKKDark is a flamebaiter, I've known.

But he hasn't gone unpunished for it.

Just let him go and he'll get punished again.

Flaming him helps nothing.

On topic, quite frankly, I don't care either way.

I'd prefer to own a 360 because most of my friends and cousins do, but I prefer my low-quality graphic, high-quality game Wii, personally.

F9zDark
May 14th, 2008, 00:01
Honestly, I think everyone here is being a fanboy.

Now can we please continue with discussion without flames at eachother?

Sure, JKKDark is a flamebaiter, I've known.

But he hasn't gone unpunished for it.

Just let him go and he'll get punished again.

Flaming him helps nothing.

I am sorry, but allowing such a person to remain on the staff after their behavior is unconscionable. Sure the staff are people too, but would you eat or shop at a store where the employees spoke of various vulgar topics, graphically, in the midst of children? (or any other discourteous act).

Most people would not.

The Hombrew Hunter
May 14th, 2008, 00:26
I am sorry, but allowing such a person to remain on the staff after their behavior is unconscionable. Sure the staff are people too, but would you eat or shop at a store where the employees spoke of various vulgar topics, graphically, in the midst of children? (or any other discourteous act).

Most people would not.

Eh, I know.

I was demodded for spaaaaaazing over IRC in the forums, so I guess it makes sense.

At least I'm still the Grammar Nazi..

DPyro
May 14th, 2008, 01:57
JKKDARK is not staff, just a news poster. He has no other special privileges besides posting news.

Ultima Chocochu
May 14th, 2008, 06:03
LoL. Gametrailers = fail.

XD
Agreed.

JKKDARK goes out of his way to insult the PS3 at absolutely every turn, and frankly I'm getting sick of it - especially as being a news poster he represents the site.

Everyone notices it, but it seems like the mods/admins have a blind spot where he is concerned.

Again, agreed
I have nothing against you Jkkdark but, there is no need to down the PS3 every chance you can, no one cares and it is very unneeded, and I'm beginning to think 360 fanboys are way worse than the PS3 ones are claimed to be.

Napalm-Death
May 14th, 2008, 07:08
I have nothing against you Jkkdark but, there is no need to down the PS3 every chance you can, no one cares and it is very unneeded, and I'm beginning to think 360 fanboys are way worse than the PS3 ones are claimed to be.

From what I've seen, they really are worse than PS3 fanboys.

I've gotten bitched out on another forum just for saying that 2D fighters play better on the PlayStation controller. Then we have people like JKKDark spewing insults about the PS3 every time they get a chance. I mean sure I've seen people bash the 360, hell, I even do it every now and then when people bash the PS3; but I've never seen people bash the 360 as much as the PS3 has been bashed.

A friend (?) of mine called me stupid for purchasing a PS3 instead of a 360 last November. Was it his place to do so? No because it was my decision. So why can't all of these ****tards just stop bashing the console? If you don't like it, then just ignore it.

chris-007
May 14th, 2008, 18:56
The Xbox360 has a similar setting: The "Reference level" shoud be set to extended for PC Displays. I don't know about TV though.