PDA

View Full Version : PReSS v0.2

wraggster
January 15th, 2008, 21:19
New release from the Underminer (http://www.press-psp.com/)

PReSS stands for Portable RSS. And that's just what it is: an RSS reader for the Playstation Portable. Let PReSS connect to any WiFi access point and you're good to go. With it's 6 hour battery lifetime, reading the news while travelling was never easier.

Portable
Because PReSS stores all feed data on your MemoryStick, you can enjoy your favourite channels even when you are not connected to the internet.
Catalogue
Typing in a feed adress on a device that has no keyboard is not what we call 'user-friendly'. That's why PReSS has it's own catalogue, filled with user-submitted feeds.

Version 0.2 - 13 January 2008
- Image full screen - Handy for comics or another way of browsing topics
- Added Newly Added category under catalogue
- add links to browser bookmarks (clicking a link will add it to the browser's bookmarks)
- auto-update (Updates will be posted on the PReSS updates feed)
- font size
- hide feed view
- feed update combo
- prev/next unread topic button combo
- faster saving/loading feeds
- fixed leftmost pixel column bug: the leftmost column is simply not blitted anymore, wich would display improperly sometimes
- added activity indicator for feed download: if it doesn't move for 5 seconds; it never will
- parrallel feed downloading cuts waiting time
- Improved unreadable character replacement

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Klark
January 16th, 2008, 23:52
Is there a way to get a version of this for downloading with Mac OS X? When I attempted to download this and open it, I was told it was the wrong format or something, either way I got an error. Also, is this for use with PSP's running Sony official firmware 3.80?