PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer "would have to be fantastic"

wraggster
March 28th, 2014, 19:51
It seems likely that this year Microsoft will release Halo 2 Anniversary - a revamped version of Bungie's original Xbox shooter - although it has yet to announce it. But let's assume Microsoft had announced it. What, then, would be its most important feature?That's the question IGN (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/xbox-boss-a-halo-2-remake-would-have-to-nail-multiplayer) posed to Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer at the Game Developers Conference last week. His response: multiplayer."In this fictitious world where that game existed," he said smiling according to IGN, "it's an easy answer: it has to be just the multiplayer experience that we all found in that first Halo 2 game. If you think about what happened in the franchise and what were the hallmark moments - when did duel wielding come in, when did another playable character that wasn't Master Chief come in?"All the things that you and I know about the evolution of the franchise, if you're going to say one thing about Halo 2, you're going to talk about real multiplayer. I think you just have to nail that in just such a fundamentally core way."Frankly [we'd have to do it] probably better than we did with Halo 1 Anniversary. I thought the multiplayer in Halo 1 Anniversary was good, but Halo 1 never had multiplayer in the truest sense, so it always was going to be something different.""If there were something called Halo 2 Anniversary," he added, "I think the multiplayer would have to be fantastic."Last month Spencer fuelled rumours of a Halo 2 Anniversary game on Twitter, saying: "Never get tired of questions on what's coming. Just can't always answer as we need news at events. Halo 2 is a good game..."Following that, Microsoft issued Eurogamer a statement that reiterated the company's promise to publish a Halo game on Xbox One this year. The question is, is it Halo 2 Anniversary, or a fully-fledged Halo sequel?"Other than confirming that your Halo journey on Xbox One begins in 2014, we have made no announcements related to specific titles," a Microsoft spokesperson said.Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary launched on Xbox 360 on 15th November 2011. It was a co-development between 343 Industries, Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.This November marks the 10 year anniversary of the release of Bungie's Halo 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-28-microsoft-halo-2-anniversary-multiplayer-would-have-to-be-fantastic