PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Screen fault - any ideas?

Nismo Jester
January 16th, 2008, 01:38
Hey everybody! My first post so be gentle with me!

Got a problem with my daughters DS (not lite). I have searched through the forum trying to find another user with the same problem but can’t find any!:(

Issue is my daughter dropped her DS a while ago and now there is a problem with the touch screen. One of two issues happens depending what game she is playing. Either a) a bar down the middle of the screen doesn’t work or register the touch puk or b) the screen is off by a centimetre or so to the right i.e. to enter a ‘g’ you need to touch the letter ‘k’.:mad:

Looked around the web and found out about cleaning which seemed a good start. Ordered a tri-driver off fleaBay and took the DS apart. Around the touch screen there was what appears to be a perished foam square. Cleaned this out and made sure there wasn’t anything else between the screen and the case but still no joy.:mad::mad:

(I am getting to the point, honestly . . !) So my next step will probably be to buy a replacement screen but I didn’t want to waste more $$$ on this so wanted to make sure a new screen is likely to fix the problem? Or is there another possible solution?:confused:

Cheers

;)

Nismo Jester
January 16th, 2008, 01:43
Found this item on eBay. Is this a likely solution or are there any tips re repairing/testing/cleaning this part?

(a guide would be nice!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160196889034&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

Nismo Jester
January 16th, 2008, 13:20
No-one? :(

supralov3r
January 22nd, 2008, 07:47
The same thing happened to my DS ages ago. Thats why I sold it. :) I don't know how you could fix it unless you re-positioned the touch screen or something.:(

And your daughter must have dropped it quite hard cause DS's can take a beating!:p

VampDude
January 23rd, 2008, 01:13
You could sell the DS and then buy another one, you seem inexperienced in the matter.

1Dogend
March 17th, 2009, 10:48
You would almost certainly require a new touch screen, replacement t/screens on the original ds are easy to fit yourself.
found this site: www.ps2laser.co.uk prices are good and delivery was very prompt.

awuser896
August 26th, 2009, 18:16
i had the same problem. i ended up throwing mine away.

wraggster
August 26th, 2009, 18:21
yeah you can buy replacement touchscreens, only thing is it depends how experianced you are at putting things together.