PDA

View Full Version : New Idea - 0-100km/h (0-60mp/h) function?

JoQ
January 16th, 2008, 12:21
I came up with something today:
Some of us maybe drive tuned cars, I do. And it's always fun to try what it does 0-100km/h or 0-60mp/h if your american ;)

I havn't got any programming-skills at all, but what it need to do is:
1. You push the button for this function. Your speed has to be 0 ofcourse
2. As fast as the speed increases from zero the timer starts.
3. When it reaches 100km/h (60mp/h), it stops and displays the result

This shouldn't be to hard to do? And it shouldnt be to unrealistic times, maybe diff by +-0,2-0,3 sec?

If anyone wants to make this app, i would be grateful! :thumbup:

deniska
January 16th, 2008, 16:11
Actually, since gps readings are taken every 1 sec, you will have deviation of 0.5-2 sec, which makes it not very practical

JoQ
January 16th, 2008, 16:46
Actually, since gps readings are taken every 1 sec, you will have deviation of 0.5-2 sec, which makes it not very practical

I thought this over, actually it will be the same. When you take off, it will take about 1 sec before it starts count, and about 1 sec before it stops count, so it will be the same result, in my opinion!

Or am i completely wrong?

JoQ
January 18th, 2008, 09:10
Deniska, what do you think, about the previous post?

philiphili
January 20th, 2008, 11:53
In fact I cannot see the practical use for this. Can't you take a passenger with a stopwatch? :D

JoQ
January 20th, 2008, 14:23
In fact I cannot see the practical use for this. Can't you take a passenger with a stopwatch? :D
Extra weight, no precision ;)

Nieko
January 20th, 2008, 15:07
GPS will have even less precision, because you don't know when between GPS updates you actually start driving. This can indeed give a deviation of anywhere between 0 and 2 seconds.

Perhaps you could take apart a stop watch and use some extra wiring to connect the stop and start buttons to the steering wheel? :)

JoQ
January 20th, 2008, 16:58
Nieko, thanks for the instructions, now i understand. Thought it would be a cool idea though. I already know my car does 0-100km/h in 7,5 sec ;)

Thanks alot anyways!