PDA

View Full Version : DSreadmore Alpha

wraggster
January 17th, 2008, 00:34
Björn Geisler has updated his Ebook reader for DS, heres some info:

* Only recognizes files in. Txt
* Its interface leaves much to be desired in terms of image but it is easy to use.
* This in English.
* The reading of the text will in vertically as if it were a book.
* You can save 3 booksmark marks or book well save our progress in reading.
* Not occupies a lot of space in our card.

Well, now they explain how to do work.

1) Download the file DSreadmore Alpha Version

2) After unpacking the file to be downloaded.

3) Open the folder and they find themselves with 4 components: 1 folder called Fonts, 2 files reading READ ME (these can erase those) and the program. NDS.

4) Parchean the homebrew. Nds DLDItool with the program according to your flash card.

5) They create another folder called States that is where you keep your reading progress.

6) saving files. TXT wishing to read.

7) Copy this entire folder in the flash card and enjoy reading them.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

theli
January 17th, 2008, 06:19
this was out since march.2007 and wasn't updated since then
though bjoern still seems to work on it

Dragynrain
January 17th, 2008, 18:22
I actually like this book reader better than any of the other ones out there. I just wish it would get updated again with things like turning the backlight off when you close the DS (killed my batteries once that way without knowing)

Xelar8
January 19th, 2008, 01:36
It's pretty nice.

MasterMan
January 19th, 2008, 02:08
Braken has posted this same "news" in Tehskeen.
I don't get why to post this now, and why to copy this news.
The original post is over gbadev.org (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12810)

Weed-4-me
January 19th, 2008, 13:18
good program but the button on the right screen at the bottom right is a pain to click... takes so long to actualy get it

Mr.Peanut
January 21st, 2008, 13:00
GameBoy Book Reader (http://www.mqp.com/fun/index.html) is still the best portable book reader. When will people understand that holding the DS sideways means fewer words per line. This is fine for Haiku, but not for reading Dickens.

spinal_cord
January 21st, 2008, 14:58
You the sort of person what would want real books to be sideways aren't you.

Most ds txt readers use a smaller (but still readable) font, getting similar words per line than a lot of 'wide' readers.

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2008, 20:21
I've made a 3x5 font for the Gameboy Book Reader, heh. Tons of characters per line, tons of lines per page, but you have to have the GBA or DS relatively close to your face to read it. And yes, this post was off-topic.