PDA

View Full Version : 3.80 Antiupdate-prx

wraggster
January 17th, 2008, 01:00
News/release from mattiology

This is just a quick fix up to remove the UMD Update that shows in XMB, Game.

No credit is due...

Instructions:
Boot in to recovery
Connect to flash0
Replace vshmain.prx

flash0:/vsh/module

Hope this helps a few people out

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

CaptainMorgan4
January 17th, 2008, 01:07
Why are all these little programs like this being made, the antiupdate plugin that was released like months ago works on 3.80 M33 just fine.

SnoopKatt
January 17th, 2008, 01:23
Works great, thanks!

Mr. Shizzy
January 17th, 2008, 03:45
This is not an Anti Update.prx... (plugin)

It is just a edited vshmain.prx.

Which means you could not use this and a custom theme containing a vshmain.prx. (Like the new MCE theme)

Not to mention, that I wouldn't go swapping out vsh.prx files between different versions of 3.80 M33, if you want everything to work properly... (We are now on update 4... It doesn't even say which version this is for.)

Not trying to sound rude, but damn...

I suggest just using Antiupdate.prx...

CaptainMorgan4
January 17th, 2008, 05:42
The plugin is just fine I just don't see why we have these alternate solutions when the coder could use his skills to create something better.

NyghtcrawleR
January 17th, 2008, 06:41
Wait....you can use the MCE theme on 3.80? How so if it doesnt have the updated files?

Mr. Shizzy
January 17th, 2008, 12:50
^^^ My bad.... MCE was just an example....

Also, CaptainMorgan, who ever made this in NOT a "coder"

You could do this yourself with AK_C's prx editor... It's like 2 button clicks...

camcorderdoctor
January 17th, 2008, 14:48
Not to be rude or something but what's the point of this - it's not like you can downgrade back to a firmware from a umd. Even if you could or can why would anyone want to. It doesn't really bother me to see that there is an update available on a UMD. It kinda seems like just more stuff to clutter your PSP with.