PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 80s comedy?

JKKDARK
January 17th, 2008, 04:47
I love these ones, but Growing Pains will be the best of the best for me :)

souLLy
January 17th, 2008, 11:12
This thread is an excellent reminder to all why the 80s sucked. Thanks JKKDARK I'd almost forgotten!

bah
January 17th, 2008, 12:46
Married with children.
If cartoons count (I was born in 83), then Count Duckula.

quzar
January 17th, 2008, 13:09
Man, I loved both Growing Pains and ALF so much. Mork and Mindy was hilarious, but I consider it 70's as it was primarily a 70's show. (I subscribe to the notion that when speaking of pop culture, decades tend to seep into each other. As such, the 80's didn't really begin until early to mid '82.)

dejkirkby
January 17th, 2008, 16:17
Married with children.
If cartoons count (I was born in 83), then Count Duckula.
Count Duckula was great!!
But it was no Trapdoor!

Axelius
January 17th, 2008, 16:55
Well, I was born in 1989 so I didn't get much of the 80s. But with the early 90s lacking a good TV series (except Roseanne:D) I watched a lot of reruns of TV series from the 80s.

Some of the Cartoons I watched a lot were Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and DuckTales. In fact sometimes I still enjoy watching DuckTales today :D.

I watched a lot of the Cosby Show too, but actually never thought it was funny. We also watched Full House (mainly because my mom thought the Olsen-twins were sooo cute)
I also remember watching a lot of Knight Rider (when you watch it today you notice how friggin stupid it was!!) and the A-Team (B.A. Baracus is so damn cool!) Some years ago I really enjoyed watching reruns of MacGyver, which was pretty funny... But my most favorite 80s TV show is Miami Vice...The plot of every episode is in fact the same, but I even started wearing sport coats just because Sonny looked so cool in it...Well, pretty ridiculous in 2008:p

Married with children.

Actually I would regard Married… with Children as a 90s show (although it was started in 1987)...Well, yeah, in fact I like it! I only started to understand the sexist humour some years ago...

WhizzBang
January 17th, 2008, 19:32
Police Squad!

The ones listed in the poll were all dreadful, as are 99% of US comedies.

JKKDARK
January 17th, 2008, 19:47
Police Squad!

The ones listed in the poll were all dreadful, as are 99% of US comedies.

You contradicted yourself, because Police Squad is an US comedy :p

Too bad this one only got.. six epsiodes -_-

VampDude
January 18th, 2008, 02:15
Muppet Show!

Cap'n 1time
January 18th, 2008, 06:09
Was that Dinosaurs show a late 80's or early 90's show? Anyway it wasnt very funny... but I like dinosaurs.

Anyway out of those shows probably Alf would be my favorite, and I probably wouldnt laugh at all. The 80's was not a good time for television.

SnesR0X
January 18th, 2008, 07:39
Was that Dinosaurs show a late 80's or early 90's show? Anyway it wasnt very funny... but I like dinosaurs.

Anyway out of those shows probably Alf would be my favorite, and I probably wouldnt laugh at all. The 80's was not a good time for television.

I know that show, it was really weird.

bah
January 18th, 2008, 08:20
Not the Mumma!

Started in 91.

Dr._Zoidberg
January 18th, 2008, 13:00
Red Dwarf & Blackadder.

WhizzBang
January 18th, 2008, 19:11
You contradicted yourself, because Police Squad is an US comedy :p

Too bad this one only got.. six epsiodes -_-