PDA

View Full Version : 3.80M33 Firmware - Give Us Your Verdict on It

wraggster
January 17th, 2008, 20:48
I must admit i havent updated either of my Homebrew PSPs up to 3.80M33 yet, at the moment im happy enough on an older firmware infact i have a PSP on V1.5 and the other on 3.71M33-3

But now the dust has settled on the releases of the last few days and the v1.5 Kernal Addon and PSX Emu Popsloader have been released i feel its time to ask the PSP News visitors their verdicts on it and if theres any major bugs that need a looksy at

Answer Via Comments

Safari Al
January 17th, 2008, 20:51
you see right now i dont see any problem at all and am actually very happy to have upgraded. I didnt follow the 3.71 update and felt like i was missing out. After seeing this, I know that i will never regret this decision. The only tihng i lost was my applecor theme which wasnt that big of a loss at all :P. I personally havent found any bugs after the latest updates

SamuraiX
January 17th, 2008, 20:57
Overall the Custom Firmware is excellent and I've found no problems besides Sony messing up the Memory Stick driver. Due to that reason I've only upgraded 1 of my 2 PSP(s).

Fr0sTy
January 17th, 2008, 20:58
memory stick driver and the cpu speed in game is messed up.... that's about it.

Goemon4
January 17th, 2008, 21:06
After updating my slim to 3.80 m33, i did the same to my fat. I find the internet radio pretty nifty, but i really like the updating feature which allows to update to the next m33 firmware. Tho i find the sony bugs to be a pain in the arse, im not suffering from any on my end, so im good :D

NyghtcrawleR
January 17th, 2008, 21:13
Arent those bug ironed out in the latest releases. I was pretty sure the memory card problems were fixed.

Only reason I'm holding out is themes right now. One of the best features of 3.80 is remote start for the ps3. Sure you can fudge it to work with 3.71 but this is much better since its built in.

radi777
January 17th, 2008, 21:15
the xmb ,look like a little slower than in 3.5
, like glue is in 3.8.
wscrolling through menus feels half the speed like before updating

Sharpy
January 17th, 2008, 21:16
yeah the memory stick problem was fixed in the fourth revision along with the other problems, I've gotta say it's a brilliant release an dark alex never disappoints when it comes a release of a new custom firmware, he's a very talented programmer. :)

shorty_carnage
January 17th, 2008, 21:18
I'm with wraggster,

I have no proplem with my current firmware, so why should I update?

Yes it is nice to have all the latest features buuuttt I'm lazy and cannot be bothered right now.
Ahh well thats my lazy ass opinion

(O and before I get flamed for not appreciating D_A I think his contributions to the psp scene is amazing) lol kids

Pimp13
January 17th, 2008, 21:32
Not worth upgrading to.

borgqueenx
January 17th, 2008, 21:32
listen radio and browse the net in 1, thats a cool new function(requires freeradio).
and DA fixed the bugs in m33-4.

F9zDark
January 17th, 2008, 21:36
I upgraded because I have a PS3 which I use remote play on the PSP alot with. And since Sony requires that the PSP be up to date with each new firmware that comes out for the PS3 I had to. So far I have noticed no bugs at all.

However, I am eagerly awaiting the release of PSP firmware 4.0, which is rumored to have Divx and will probably include Skype. Maybe M33 can make Skype work on the fat models or something :) But Divx would be awesome.

If the PS3 is anything to go by we may also get WMV support as well, since that was included in the Divx support release.

Seker
January 17th, 2008, 21:54
worth upgrading

internet radio ROXX (freeradio player ;))

DarthPaul
January 17th, 2008, 21:58
I haven't updated 'cause my PSP is bricked. Dammit!

I'll install it on my Slim as soon as I buy it. (Tomorrow maybe) :D

saulin
January 17th, 2008, 21:59
Not worth upgrading IMO.

There are lots of memory cards with speed issues. It's choppy playing ISOs and it was not fixed by update 4. I also heard overclocking doesn't appear to be working?

All I really wanted to test is the new popsloader because I would like to get Speed Punks running. However I went back to 3.71 M33-4 because of the problems I was having and did not test Speed Punks.

bish
January 17th, 2008, 22:00
great release from dax, update feature is the best feature by far. i don't have a ps3 but can see how it benefits. radio is a good feature but i prefer pspradio! still unsure whether to upgade my other:rolleyes:

AshtonNewton
January 17th, 2008, 22:05
The only problem im having is my sound acts weird. Random mutes.

SpacemanSpiff
January 17th, 2008, 22:07
Still on 3.52 M33-4.
Maybe I'll upgrade when new games come out that require higher firmwares.

dazzlemi
January 17th, 2008, 22:14
I've now got 3.80m33-4 - have not installed the latest popsloader yet. Most of my games work - all cso's / iso's, most PSX (darn it NOT hot shots golf 2 - one of my favorites!) - the newversion m33-4 allowed ps store downloaded game Ape QUest (the free one) now working.

Overall - its worth it for me

blaz3d
January 17th, 2008, 22:32
shoutcast works better in 3.80 than pspRadio + no DHCP requirements, its a bit harder to find specific stations but i only listen to the top few anyway.

the update feature is awsome, once i installed the original release used it for all other updates:D my memory sticks (2 & 1Gb fakes) worked fine from the start, and drivers were corrected in 3.80m33-4

peace

kaffie
January 17th, 2008, 22:35
I'm pretty much *shrug* with updating my psp on a regular basis.
I have updated to this one which was the first for about 4 months or so. I have no problem with the firmware and everything semms to work as is.

None of the newest features of the firmware have been of much interest, tbh I just tend to play the odd games and use emus.

I have the greatest respect for the homebrew firmware guys and hope they keep it up (Thank you :))

The only thing wrong with firmware was the rabid anticipation and shrill noise before its release. Its annoying and makes me feel I'm surrounded by a crowd of bad mannered and spoilt 14 year old children.
No doubt those people will look back on themselves in the next few years and feel embarassed...

Anyhow, thumbs up on the new firmware.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 17th, 2008, 22:38
Not overly impressed tbh problems with card compatibillity (thanks $ony) but to me personally no reason for me to move from 352-4 brew is perfectgames are perfect..Will wait till next fw and see what features are in and problems if any

PSP-1412
January 17th, 2008, 22:40
i hate the fact that when u have the music visual "sketch" (the new one) enabled and leave the xmb slows down

F9zDark
January 17th, 2008, 23:02
UMD through USB is the best feature I have seen for this yet. Enable that with the VSH menu and enable USB mode and you've got yourself a useable ISO of whatever is in the UMD drive.

Great for saving time because of loading and saving battery.

limming
January 17th, 2008, 23:04
just to lazy to upgrade

ian h
January 17th, 2008, 23:08
UMD through USB is the best feature I have seen for this yet. Enable that with the VSH menu and enable USB mode and you've got yourself a useable ISO of whatever is in the UMD drive.

Great for saving time because of loading and saving battery.

this was added in previous custom fws matee X p

HI-Saturn
January 17th, 2008, 23:09
The update wasn't bad at all the internet radio and being able to update to the next m33 from with in the program were cool. My only problem is that the only emu I can get running is Nesterj v1.1 the rest won't run. I hope they figure out how to get them to run I travel a lot and like playing the emus on the road.

Dembonz
January 17th, 2008, 23:20
I'm running 3.80M33-4 on my slim and am happy with it. DAX is really doing impressive work and I can't thank him enough. Kinda wish I hadn't upgraded from 3.71 CFW though, solely because of the mem card issues. It's really a bother. Whatever Sony did to their mem card drivers really sucks, but it's true that games/programs run better using the M33 driver or OE isofs, but it's not like it was...
But everything else is great. Love the radio and all my favourite programs and games work, so I can overlook the small bugs. :thumbup:
So, if you're running earlier CFW I don't see enough reason to update right now.

unholy3000
January 17th, 2008, 23:54
quick qustion...ummm i stick full games on my memory stick (no woorys i own the real games just its 2 big to cary)so with this new version can i still play the games and have homebrew with no problems??

HellsPlumber
January 17th, 2008, 23:58
Its nice to keep up to date with the latest features, but now I cant use IR shell, which is all I used it for. The whole point of custom firmware is so we can still use homebrew =/
Most other stuff works fine tho, thanks DAX =D

Pimp13
January 18th, 2008, 00:32
Ok, I Just Upgraded To This Firmware And I Have To Say That The firmware IS NOT worth upgrading to.

1. The XMB/ISO's?CSO's are MUCH slower

2. Some memory cards ARE NOT compatible
with this firmware

3. AND MANY MANY BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the good old days......3.52 M33 Ahhhhhhhhh..........

dazzlemi
January 18th, 2008, 00:43
A few questions (kind of off topic)

1) when using 1.50 kernal mode (from recovery menu) do I need the 150.pbp file in the root of PSP (I'm not, and most of my 1.50 programs work - such as filer 4.6) ?

2) I know I said that I thought it was worth it, but is there a way to downgrade back to 3.71m33-4 ? That seemed to work faster / better - no incompatable psx games (at least not hot shots golf 2)

3) is there any way to turn a psx eboot back into an .ISO ?
I don't have the original .iso for one of my psx games that I want to use in a pc ps1 emulator

Thx

jurkevicz
January 18th, 2008, 00:46
It's true, Sony is messing up big time with its firmware.

ish420ism
January 18th, 2008, 00:51
Radio on the psp is nothing new. My psp has a broken screen since 3.40oe. Can't take a chance updating blind. All its been good for is listening to pspradio and mp3 rss feeds.

shadig420
January 18th, 2008, 01:13
i upgraded from 3.71m33 to 3.80m33-4 and its worth it........it takes 5 minutes tops including the 1.50 kernel add-on and u get the free radio internet radio......i had no problems with anything....i have an original fat which started out on 1.5.....holla back!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbu p:

goliath182
January 18th, 2008, 01:16
I like 3.80 m33 as for some reason i couldn't scan for wi-fi in 3.71 m33 and its working great in 3.80 m33.

ChronoDog
January 18th, 2008, 01:53
To sum it all up: if you're on 3.71 M33-4 already, better stay there. If you really need the radio feature, use PSPRadio, it does the job just fine for ages now :)

1) iRshell doesn't work.
2) Custom XMBs don't work.
3) Many games run slower and take longer to load.
4) CPU speed reverts back from whatever you set it to when turning the screen off, or when it goes into standby on its' own.

5) Write speeds dropped from 5.xx mb/sec to 3.xx mb/sec with my Sandisk 2gb regular card.

DarthPaul
January 18th, 2008, 02:01
I had the problem of the CPU reverting back with 3.52 or something. Just "Format flash1 and reset all settings" to make it work correctly. [if it's the same problem I had, that is.]

ChronoDog
January 18th, 2008, 02:13
I had the problem of the CPU reverting back with 3.52 or something. Just "Format flash1 and reset all settings" to make it work correctly. [if it's the same problem I had, that is.]
Just did that, same thing :(

Coolie4
January 18th, 2008, 02:15
i havent had many problems with it, but it just wasnt worth it imo, not enough was offered to make it worth updating. the biggest blow for me is that IR shell doesnt work for 3.80

aznTerz
January 18th, 2008, 02:31
my problem is the pmpadvance the pmp player doesnt play.... lolz
other than that the cfw is fine

Zargon
January 18th, 2008, 03:44
I'm just unhappy that IrShell hasn't been released for 3.80 M33 yet.

mike_jmg
January 18th, 2008, 03:51
I don't know, I like it
The xmb works a bit faster, I have no idea why.
My backups work ok now, with the memory stick driver fix (they had a very little slowdown before)
I only regret losing my custom gameboot
Internet radio is good
And network update is the shit man, is so awesome being able to update my custom firmware through that
I have the 1.50 kernel addon so all my homebrew works

Aj_Phoenix
January 18th, 2008, 04:13
Everythings great with the new firmware it just needs a music prx for in game none of the ones ive tried have worked!:eek:

Panda Bear K
January 18th, 2008, 04:21
People should be banned from bitching about free and awesome stuff that people bitch about when it's not out... buuuut people are people...

raiser72
January 18th, 2008, 04:28
MCLOVIN IT. I haven't run into any of the bugs. The XMB seemed a bit slow loading the game icons in the first release, but since m33-4 I haven't seen any problems. I use a 4GB Sandisk for gaming MSPD.

I have a fat so I added the 1.50 update. I did update all of my emulators to HEN-D versions before 1.5 was released as they wouldn't play natively on 3.8. The only one that still required 1.5 was PCEP (though it's supposed to work).

I also installed some new plugins like custom fimware extender 1.9.2 and popsloder, though I have run all my installed PSX games on 3.80 pops successfully. (including R-type Delta, Vagrant Story, FFIX, Um Jammer Lammy, Strider2)

I thought I would enjoy internet radio, but so far not impressed. Maybe it's better in -4 update?

I don't use the PSP for much other than emulation and native PSP games, so maybe all you folks having trouble is because you hacked the shit out of your kernel? Stuff like custom themes and IR shell will likely need to be updated. I don't have any homebrew installed to speak of just emulators.

Auriman1
January 18th, 2008, 05:31
It's the best custom firmware ever, hands down, since early bugs have already been fixed. I have difficulty comprehending it becoming any better than it is now. :D

The only justified reason some people may want to wait is for IRshell, a few plugins, and some other odd programs to be updated for compatibility.

Cap'n 1time
January 18th, 2008, 05:59
People should be banned from bitching about free and awesome stuff that people bitch about when it's not out... buuuut people are people...

No one is bitching. We asked what your opinions were on the new firmware and people that answered negatively have contributed just as much as those that answered positively. If people think something sucks, we want to know why it sucks and what they would rather see. We wont ban people for sharing opinions as long as they arnt rude about it.

ab_geee_eee
January 18th, 2008, 06:41
I havent come across any major bugs and I think it is worth upgrading.

ab_geee_eee
January 18th, 2008, 06:44
I'm just unhappy that IrShell hasn't been released for 3.80 M33 yet.

Im using IrShell 3.81 and it works fine with this firmware...

urherenow
January 18th, 2008, 07:34
no... actually those of you who claim to have a phat but irshell doesn't work... it sounds like you're bitching. if you have a phat, use the damn latest 1.5 version of ir shell. It works perfectly... aside from the 1.5 kernal not being able to handle an 8GB memory stick very well (irshell will show a big looking negative ammount of space left, but it's the 1.5 kernel's fault not DAX nor Ahman

pops games... if it ever worked then it will still work. 3.80 m33-4 + 3.80 popsloader will run ANY version of pops. Period.

so for those saying this doesn't work and that doesn't work. Pound sand until you figure out how to configure your stuff and test it properly.

Worth the upgrade! Great work DAX!

granted there will be things that need updating. for IRshell... slim owners need an update (from my version anyway, I don't have the latest because I only care for the 1.5 kernel irshell for the remote function... maybe someday I'll get around to trying the remotejoy thing with PSP Phat video coming up on your computer monitor :D )
some prxs do need updates, and a few homebrews have fatal issues with sleep mode. gpsp kai noted below WORKS with sleepmode.

for emulators... just don't have the time now but
nesterj 1.11 works,
gpsp kai 3.2 test 7 works (surprisingly well too!) even sleepmode!
rin
snes9xtyl 0.4.2 (3.xx)
latest vice (of which I'm currently looking into porting the c128 part of vice to psp :D )
Daedalus (will run in both kernels but sleep mode is farked!)

plugins
cwcheat
recovery.prx
popsloader

PSPCulture
January 18th, 2008, 09:08
I have no proplem with my current firmware, so why should I update?

Same with me. I'm on 3.71M33-3, and unless there becomes a real problem with it, I'm going to hang fire on going to 3.80M33.

Sektor
January 18th, 2008, 11:11
I was still on 3.52, so I figured it was time I updated. I also wanted to make my homebrew compatible with the latest firmware and updating was the best way to test it. When was the delete function added? It's good to be able to delete from the XMB (I forget to do it on PC).

NoQuarter
January 18th, 2008, 11:27
I think it's good just cause I have ps3 :)
I put my white slim on 3.80m33 and it works fine.I still have my hardmodded psp phat on 3.52m33 just in case.
The network updates are simply amazing,good work Dax.Maybe I've changed my mind about the installotron now...

We need 1.5kernel addon and popsloader remotely as well.

ricky006
January 18th, 2008, 12:13
Well im on 3.80 m33 4 slim and its all good , all my ps1 games are workin , all my hombrew games are fine, sum u have to use eloader to boot them but thats ok , my iso's and cso's all workin 100% so yes im a very happy chappy cheers Dax and all of M33 nice 1

MicroNut
January 18th, 2008, 13:43
I like the final 3.71 - No problems for me at all.
Waiting for 4.0 and hoping for the rumored DivX support.

fpcreator2000
January 18th, 2008, 14:10
I recently updated to 3.71m33's last update release and updated to the multiboot popsloader, and at this moment I'm satisfied with what I have. I'm planning on purchasing a Slim if only for the ability to play on the big screen, then I would update to 3.80m33, or when a new game (worth buying) comes out, then I'll update.

:thumbup:Dark_Alex, M33, ect., keep up the good work comrade.:thumbup:

and with that, I take my leave.

Do svidaniya!

dgila
January 18th, 2008, 14:12
everyting is slower in 3.80
Even with -4 path and a very good sandisk ms
I don't like this firmware
Now VCS runs at 222 or 266 (I think 222 cause is very very slow) can't change cpu speed :(

onetwentyeight
January 18th, 2008, 14:34
i normally hold out until a demo requires the latest firmware, but the internet radio feature was just too enticing. though i haven't tried it out in the wild, on my home network the radio is a blast (play it through my stereo), and i haven't had any problems since the FW1.5 kernel add-on was released. i'm at 3.80m33-4 now out of fear of any memory stick slowdowns.

Panda Bear K
January 18th, 2008, 14:46
I noticed that 3.80 firmware added a dropshadow to your photos, making them look like actual photos sitting on a white surface. a subtle but cool touch. And I've been using custom themes just fine...

djbrotherson
January 18th, 2008, 15:04
I like everything about this firmware but i'm still real ignorant about this popsloader thing...

Can someone tell me what files I'd need on my MS for the firmware I have for popsloader?

luxoflux
January 18th, 2008, 15:28
My games stil play like crap as ive said in other posts.

urherenow
January 18th, 2008, 16:07
djbrotherson... why don't you look around before asking questions? the popsloader thread is just 2 threads down from this one on the main page! Your answer is in the very first post (the news post)!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86295

djbrotherson
January 18th, 2008, 16:32
K thanks... so I learned that you use R when you load a PSX game for the menu to come up but i've never used this :|

I have no idea what it does/ what i need it for**

I have looked around but i never find the answer to my question**

kjetil1991
January 18th, 2008, 16:42
i dident like it was just like 3.72m33 went back 3.52m33 it does the same job with themes i like

Veskgar
January 18th, 2008, 16:58
Ok, well I finally updated one of my PSP's to 3.80 M33-4 and also put on the newest popsloader. I updated my original PSP, not my Slim & Lite. It has usually been the case that a lot of problems are the fault of the user and not the firmware. So I figured I'd give it a shot. Well, to my dismay, the poor memory stick performance showed its ugly little head.

I tried Wipeout Pure and Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, both of which should play great even if backed up to .cso but I still experienced jerkiness and menu lag, etc. This occurred even after formatting the memory stick on 3.80 M33-4 and its an authentic SanDisk 1GB stick. When switching to the M33 driver as opposed to np9660 it seemed to fix Wipeout but Juiced 2 was still a little jerky.

This also goes to show what others are saying about the vsh menu overclocking not working in PSP games. It did work in the xmb but certainly not during playing PSP games.

I guess this explains some of it:

In 3.80, Sony have heavily "optimized" the fatmsmod.prx which is the memory stick driver, reducing the size by nearly 80kb.
Whatever was messed with for 3.80 it sure sucks. I will be keeping my Slim & Lite PSP at 3.71 M33-4 due to this problem. Between memory stick issues and not being able to overclock, its not worth the upgrade as of yet.

I just hope more and more people send a little donation support to Dark_AleX to free up some resources and time for him to try and tackle these issues if he can. If this is a SONY thing, I can't help but think they did it on purpose to make life more difficult for us homebrewers.

o1mlc
January 18th, 2008, 18:03
Can only agree with all Veskgar has said above...

I too have updated to 3.80 M33-4 with Popsloader for 3.80 M33v2 and the 1.50 Addon for 3.80M33

All things work (emus, homebrew, isos), but the MS access is all to hell, e.g. GTA VCS has a lot of lag and is not really worth playing from MS - though I too saw a mild improvement when using the M33 driver.

Again, not DAX but rather $ony - and I too am a cynic and think it could be deliberate on their part...(though the logical part of my brain thinks that it's just a by-product of their "optimisation" of the driver...)

I just hope CFW 4.00 M33 (no pressure DAX) has the driver issue fixed...(unless $ony update before then...)

Saracchini
January 18th, 2008, 18:48
I liked 3.80 M33 much more than the 3.71 M33-2 and 4. My flash1 is problematic and the 3.71 M33 give to me 6 "killer-bricks" (flash1 partition corrupted) . The Mp3 corruption issue occurs with me with songs created with old encoders, and it dont corrupt the files, it identify the songs as corrupted only... if you take the MS and put again the songs are reconized again.Its annoying , but is resolved re-encoding the tracks with recent encoders like Lame 3.92 or Xing.
My XMB is faster than 3.71 and 3.52. CSOs are really choppy, but it can resolved using uncompressed disk images.
The rest and the new features works as before. Due the estability i think only 3.52 M33-4 is better than 3.80 M33.

gusgus
January 18th, 2008, 19:48
I hadn't upgraded my psp ever ( until a couple days ago, I was still on 1.5 ) But I don't know why I was waiting for so long. I love it, but I have nothing really to compare it to..

jonezybaby
January 18th, 2008, 19:57
well i upgraded a few days ago, upgraded to M33-2 then added the 1.5 kernal patch and ya know wat ive found?

F*** All cus my GF nicked my psp to watch alvin and the chipmonks on it and hasnt given it back yet :( lol

Nikolaos
January 18th, 2008, 20:09
I have upgraded to 3.80 M33-4.

I regret it at the moment, here is why.
If you upgraded to 3.80 M33 to use remote play on the latest PS3 Firmware, this is not needed! PM me and I will tell you how you can use remote play on PS3 with 3.71 M33, or add me on PSN my name is 'soalokin'

1. Less theme support. I can not use ANY of the non-PTF themes that I used before this.
2. The PSP Radio feature is pretty crap, nothing we didn't already have.
3. IR Shell doesn't work and won't for a while since Ahman is on a 'long' vacation.
4. The new Sony visualization is major crap.
5. I don't mind upgrading manually instead of network update, that is more for just newbs, I rather use the icon for rebooting.
6. Some plugins do not work 100% like they are suppose to.

I am using Pandora to go back to 3.71 M33 as we speak.

When will I go back to 3.80 M33?

- When IR Shell is compatible with it.
- When all the themes that could work in 3.71 M33 can be 100% compatible with 3.80 M33.

Edit: I am now at 3.71 M33-4 and I have news.

The memory card driver issue in 3.80 which is claimed to be fixed in the latest 3.80 M33-4, well it is not fixed.

Try taking a screen-shot of XMB in 3.71 M33-4 then try in 3.80 M33-4, the difference is huge.... it takes like 5 seconds in 3.80 M33 and in 3.71 M33 it takes like a second.

Shrygue
January 18th, 2008, 20:16
I just noticed that I can't run IrShell at the monment either. Unless someone knows a wordaround for this issue, I'll just wait to wait for a new release of the application.

Nikolaos
January 18th, 2008, 20:27
I just noticed that I can't run IrShell at the monment either. Unless someone knows a wordaround for this issue, I'll just wait to wait for a new release of the application.

It has to be updated from Ahman himself, and since this isn't open source that may take months.

saulin
January 18th, 2008, 20:49
For those complaining about IrShell. Personally I never used that app and I'm not sure what it does but isn't there a Kernel 1.5 version of it? If there is, have you tried installing the 1.5 Kernel addon for 3.80?

Also any app that was updated to run on Kernel 3.xx should run fine on 3.52, 3.71 or 3.80 unless it does requiere a espesific CFW like the latest popsloader for example.

I installed the 1.5 Kernel addon on 3.80 and I was up to 3.80 M33-4 and all my emulators worked fine. I set the Kernel to 3.80 in the configuration menu too. However all my emulators have been updated to run on 3.xx firmwares. But with the 1.5 Kernel addon any app that is 1.5 compatible should work.

The only reason I went back to 3.71 M33-4 is because the memory read/write problems it's still not fixed on 3.80 M33-4.

Now for people complaining about some PSX not working on the latest firmware. Just use popsloader and use the version of pops where the game worked.

Now for the people saying that they have no slowdown or lag problems, try playing Sega Megadrive Collection and let the intro run and let me know if it doesn't lag before you people say that there is no lag or slowdown problems. I also heard you can also let the Tekken movie run and you will get the same results.

ricky006
January 18th, 2008, 22:07
only problem so far is that now pspdoom 0.7 the ad hoc multiplayer mode duznt work anymore but it ran fine on 3.71 m33 4 slim ,the single player game still runs fine though, just need the coder of pspdoom to alter his code a bit i presume .......

Prasoc
January 18th, 2008, 22:12
i was having troubles with that new mem stick driver but it works now and the new internet radio player is a very good update with homebrew as well! :thumbup:

jeegee
January 19th, 2008, 00:00
all is well here. good cfw that now works just fine for me :)

mike_jmg
January 20th, 2008, 06:23
I really regret getting to 3.80M33
Cause when I was on that one, tekken wasn't working properly, sorry, I had to go down to 3.71M33-4, with my beautiful pandora's battery. Hopefully it'll get another update with a working ms driver
plus, i got my custom gameboot from cxmb

sykotic1
January 20th, 2008, 06:45
Dont really like it only because sony made me hate it. In the another note Dark Alex keep up the great work :D

Cloudhunter
January 20th, 2008, 10:30
I have upgraded to 3.80 M33-4.

I regret it at the moment, here is why.
If you upgraded to 3.80 M33 to use remote play on the latest PS3 Firmware, this is not needed! PM me and I will tell you how you can use remote play on PS3 with 3.71 M33, or add me on PSN my name is 'soalokin'

1. Less theme support. I can not use ANY of the non-PTF themes that I used before this.

Well no sh*t sherlock, they need to be converted for the latest firmware - and it'll happen.

2. The PSP Radio feature is pretty crap, nothing we didn't already have.

Well if you were expecting magic from the PSP, no wonder you were disappointed. FreePlay's freeradio makes it alot better ;)

3. IR Shell doesn't work and won't for a while since Ahman is on a 'long' vacation.

Oh well - one application which doesn't work is such a big problem/[/sarcasm] It doesn't really add too much in my opinion, and I prefer the XMB. The only feature that can't be replicated any other way, is the multplayer PS1 games.

Note: We need sarcasm tags here. ;)

4. The new Sony visualization is major crap.

How often would you stare at your PSP while listening to music? Plus, the fact that if there's a feature that's been added that you don't like - it's not like you are compelled to use it.

5. I don't mind upgrading manually instead of network update, that is more for just newbs, I rather use the icon for rebooting.

It saves alot of time - the update process was so painless, and takes about a 10th of the time it usually would manually :) Yet again, you don't need to use the feature if you don't want.

6. Some plugins do not work 100% like they are suppose to.

Ones which do hooks/function replaces are bound to have trouble.

Edit: I am now at 3.71 M33-4 and I have news.

The memory card driver issue in 3.80 which is claimed to be fixed in the latest 3.80 M33-4, well it is not fixed.

Try taking a screen-shot of XMB in 3.71 M33-4 then try in 3.80 M33-4, the difference is huge.... it takes like 5 seconds in 3.80 M33 and in 3.71 M33 it takes like a second.

It was never claimed to be fixed - he just said a bug in his code which was brought out by the Sony code has been fixed, meaning things will work, if still using the crappy bugged and slow Sony driver.

Personally, I'm on it, and like it. I think it's an improvement, and if the only issue is iRShell and themes - then you have nothing to worry about.

Cloudy

gunntims0103
January 20th, 2008, 18:33
I might just update to test this out. Sweeps the dust off the ol' psp :p

Dark Scion
January 21st, 2008, 02:17
I upgraded and then downgraded when I realized how much I woud miss the music plugin which doesnt work for me in 3.71 or 3.80. I also like the 3.52 themes like ipwn which can't be made into a ptf file (at least I don't think it can).

ice_storme
January 21st, 2008, 03:32
Eh, M33 v3.80 came out too fast. You know when a piece of software is rushed, when there will be a ton of bug fixes within a week of the release. (Does M33 v3.80 Revision 5 ring a bell?) Ugh........ the PSP is starting to bore me. Ima just waiting to get my XBOX 360 I ordered in the mail. Sorry Dark_AleX, the firmware was a nice gift, but next time, try and take your time. Well, the only ones we have to blame for DAX's buggy software is: 1.)Sony, they screwed around with the MS driver and Nids Library. 2.)Flammers, thanks to you, DAX felt that he had to rush his work to shut all of you jerks up.

Either way, thank you Dark_AleX.

limmk
January 21st, 2008, 08:26
New software will have bugs. Just like Windows XP when it rolled out. It isn't perfect, but many are generally happy with the changes. Then programmers have to workarounds or get them fixed eg. XP SP2

jjunit
January 25th, 2008, 01:27
its sucks it froze most of the time so i created pandora batt and downgraded my slim back to 3.71-2 and upgraded to 3.71 m33-4

djbrotherson
January 25th, 2008, 01:51
Wow, they're some cry babies in here

I'm loving 3.80, everything works for me and I mean everything

I dont use irshell, no point really
Waiting for a new "music.prx" to come out

Raziel-chan
January 25th, 2008, 17:05
Love 3.80 m33-5 so far. Everything I wanted works on it and works good.

I may be a bit perceptively-challenged :3, but did anyone notice that the popstation lighting level bug have disappeared...? The one that changed the lighting level when starting and, sometimes, while playing PSX games...?

Well, at least I didn't encounter it when playing Tales of Phantasia... though i've never played it before on my PSP, so I can't tell if it has been present prior to the firmware change...>.>...

cya
Raziel-chan

No_one_in_particular
January 25th, 2008, 19:05
Personally haven't bothered updating. There were no additional features (apart from the auto-update) which I was really bothered about. I still would of updated, if there weren't the worrying issues with memory sticks.

That said, none of these problems are caused by Dark_AleX, infact he's just made a fantastic replica of 3.80 which supports homebrew, while Sony have stopped the update being all that worthwhile.

emopunkrock12
January 25th, 2008, 21:05
Guysss.....
Im new here
I Need your full support and attention...
i cant upgrade my 3.71 M33-4 firmware to 3.80 M33(FAT).....
please help me......

djbrotherson
January 26th, 2008, 05:25
I have a captiol idea that would make the next cfw so sick, nothing could faze it...

i mentioned this in the psptube thread...

Make it so you can go through the entire XMB while listening to music except where it would have memory issue or whatever

Make it so you can send mp3's to each other in the XMB just like you can send photos to another

That would be awesome... oh yea and make the webbrowser able to download plugins that let you use java and flash so we can use youtube and other sites etc....

discombobulated
January 26th, 2008, 06:02
I have a captiol idea that would make the next cfw so sick, nothing could faze it...

i mentioned this in the psptube thread...

Make it so you can go through the entire XMB while listening to music except where it would have memory issue or whatever

Make it so you can send mp3's to each other in the XMB just like you can send photos to another

That would be awesome... oh yea and make the webbrowser able to download plugins that let you use java and flash so we can use youtube and other sites etc....

Awesome ideas. Except the webbrowser plugins wouldn't be easy. I'm not a coder but I think it would be pretty hard to reverse engineer the browser file to add newer flash support. Heck, even for Adobe to make their newer flash compatible with Linux and Firefox was probably a good task for them, even with source code, considering how long it took them to give us an update when I was using it. There may also be performance issues.