PDA

View Full Version : uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y30 (Snes Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
July 31st, 2005, 22:03
Y (http://ypspdev.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has released a new version of his unofficial portof Snes 9x for the PSP console, heres whats new:

– Added cheats function.
– Changed around the menu.
– Fixed some GFX bugs and trivial optimization.
– Other minor adjustments.

Download this latest Snes emulator here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml

Cap'n 1time
July 31st, 2005, 22:06
the cheat options are quite nice :)

rock_light
August 1st, 2005, 00:10
Finally a SNES emu running at reasonable speeds!

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 00:40
Finally a SNES emu running at reasonable speeds!

... yah its running at a speed.. but your not

snes has been pretty playable on psp since like... well since a while time ago.

stellarola
August 1st, 2005, 00:51
I still feel like all the snes emulators are still pretty unplayable. I don't like to frameskip to get choppy visuals. ;)

aaroncort
August 1st, 2005, 00:51
Sorry this is an amature question but I don't understand what format the cheat codes are in. They must begin with a 7E or 7F but game genie codes don't start with that. Where can I find cheat codes or how can I translate cheat code to work with this device. Thanks a bunch, Aaron.

ghost2258
August 1st, 2005, 01:25
hmm will this work with cheats made with zsnes for windows?

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 01:36
WOOHHOOO CHEATS!!! Good I need more Money in my RPGs lol

Raiser
August 1st, 2005, 01:43
Sorry this is an amature question but I don't understand what format the cheat codes are in. They must begin with a 7E or 7F but game genie codes don't start with that. Where can I find cheat codes or how can I translate cheat code to work with this device. Thanks a bunch, Aaron.

That would be codes in Hexadecimal format. Hexadecimal is a base-16 number system, however, so values in hex are different from our standard number system, which is base-10. You see, all the game Genie is really just a simplified hex editor. The codes tell it what address in the game's memory to modify (such as the address where the player's lives are stored) and what value to assign to it (such as 99). That would then cause the player's lives to always stay at 99.

In the case of the Game Genie, it translates these long and confusing hex numbers into a more simplified 8-digit code, which is a little more novice-friendly. You can find a program here (http://www.angelfire.com/games2/codehut/Download.htm) called "GG to hex conversion program", which will allow you to convert Game Genie codes to hex values and vice-versa.

Edit: On second thought, it's probobly in Action Replay format, which is pretty much the thing as the Game Genie, only its codes more closely resemble hex addresses.

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 03:05
is there any reason i should get this when i have version y29?

shadowprophet
August 1st, 2005, 03:08
Anyone how does this one stack up aginst uo snes9x 0.29? :confused:

kyus
August 1st, 2005, 03:11
The codes are action replay alright :)

go here to get them.

http://www.nintendocc.com/pro_action_replay/super_nes.shtml

I've tested several and it works pretty well! I just hope that PSP Genesis gets the same treatment! :P I'm a cheating git! Ah... now I'll just walk through most games.

Green_Hawk
August 1st, 2005, 03:27
Nahh.. these UO versions are just betas IMO. Worth trying to see SNES on it!

PSPGenesis 18c all the way.

Sauron96
August 1st, 2005, 08:14
...I mainly use SNES9X 0.03a - is this emulator better? if so in what way? Or is there really no difference? I know this has cheats but that doesn't really interest me. What I really want to know is which needs less adjusting of settings (frame skip, vsync, transparency) - come to think of it...what are those last two supoosed to do?

thx

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:18
snes withc cheats, dang now i need to find a website with the cheats!

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 08:27
snes is awsome on psp, but not as good as metal slug (why is the blood blue!?!?!)

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:29
i think its cause the game visiuals have been changed to make it look like somthing else, liek sweat i haerd.

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 08:43
um, well it wasnt like that until i downloading th U3 emulator, it kinda just looks dumb... like water.... but im downloading U4, adn going to bed, nighty night!

tentonipete
August 1st, 2005, 12:44
is there any reason i should get this when i have version y29?
that's exactly what i was thinking. my chrono trigger works just fine on 29 aside from cheats does 30 make any other noticeable alterations?

arch stanton
August 1st, 2005, 14:45
snes is awsome on psp, but not as good as metal slug (why is the blood blue!?!?!)

Change the NEOGEO Region to japanese in the emulator options, this makes the blood red.
Americans and Europeans can't stand the sight of blood. ;)

Yes! Snes is awesome on the psp. :D