PDA

View Full Version : PAL Virtual Console Friday

Shrygue
January 18th, 2008, 17:06
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/846/846405p1.html)

Two new retro truffles are now available for you Wii owners to gorge on this weekend, with both the N64 classic 1080 Snowboarding and the PC Engine Streets of Rage clone Riot Zone coming to the Virtual Console.

1080 Snowboarding is Nintendo's largely successful jaunt down the virtual slopes, which you may like to think of as an 8.6 in numerical form, as Matt Casamassina did back when this place was called IGN64.com. At 1,000 points it's a fairly safe punt, and to this day it remains one of the better representations of the sport.

For the reasonable sum of 800 points you can pick up Riot Zone, a side-scrolling beat-'em-up from the time when such fare was all the rage. It came out on the PC Engine in 1992 and while it won't set your world on fire you may want to don a global technicolour t-shirt, stick a cassette of The Prodigy Experience on the stereo and beat seven shades of brown out of some chunky sprites in a fit of early nineties nostalgia this weekend. And in that case Riot Zone certainly fits the bill.

samcoolf5077
January 26th, 2008, 20:57
I wish that some better games would come to VC like banjo-kazooie, super mario all stars, donkey kong 64 on the PAL store

VampDude
January 28th, 2008, 02:15
1080 sucked on the N64, I never got to grips with it.

The best snowboarding game on the N64 was Snowboard Kids, I would love to see a release of Snowboard Kids sometime soon (or I could just goto my grandparents and pickup my N64 to avoid waiting for an awesome game that might never get a VC release).