PDA

View Full Version : New PSOne Emu Video ?

wraggster
August 1st, 2005, 02:04
duckman06 posted this news on our forums

"Hi I was just wodering if any 1 else has seen this yet. I guess its a new emu in development called playSP. They have a video of FFVII running on it, it looks amazing

http://www.geocities.com/playspsteve "

I havent seen the site so i cant judge if its fake or not but one of our users has managed to upload the video from the site thats down.

Heres the link to the discussion of this possible PSOne emulator and video:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8622

Fake or not you decide :)

Cross
August 1st, 2005, 02:10
I want to play FF7 now on my PSP!!!!!

RedKing14CA
August 1st, 2005, 02:23
i want to play metal gear solid 1!!!

Sauron96
August 1st, 2005, 08:19
*clears throat to make it sound deep & evil*

Resident EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil

1, 2 & 3

(s)ANIT
August 1st, 2005, 08:20
i want to play armorec core 1 and 2 plus metal gaer sold game

The Last Ninja
August 1st, 2005, 10:26
Smell like fake !!
Going from 4 fps from previous psp emulator to full speed with full sound suport (and very good and clear sound) is nearly impossbile.
And someone skilled enough to make a psp emulator that run at nearly 100% should know that geocities is the worst host on earth.

Xarius
August 1st, 2005, 14:39
The site has exceeded it's allocated bandwidth for the month and cannot be visited.

As for the validity, I'd be more inclined to believe it if it wasn't on a system with support for video playback. If it's as smooth running as they say it is, I'm willing to bet some idiot did a screen capture of the game from his psone, converted the video to psp, and memorized the order of the controls to make it look like he was playing.

ghost2258
August 1st, 2005, 16:41
Smell like fake !!
Going from 4 fps from previous psp emulator to full speed with full sound suport (and very good and clear sound) is nearly impossbile.
And someone skilled enough to make a psp emulator that run at nearly 100% should know that geocities is the worst host on earth.
true they don't even have a fully running SNES emu and yet a fully running PSone emu pops out of nowhere running at 100%... wish it was a real emu but its more than likely a fake :(

gamerboi909
August 1st, 2005, 19:50
to me i think is real because is in cd format just like tha neo geo cd it run really good better then tha snes . tha cd is ment to be on a ms.....

ProTH
August 1st, 2005, 20:03
to me i think is real because is in cd format just like tha neo geo cd it run really good better then tha snes . tha cd is ment to be on a ms.....
That has nothing to do with why the Neo CD emulator runs better than current SNES emulators. It has everything to do with why a Neo CD emulator is easier to get going than a Neo cartridge emulator. The reason is that for cart-based systems, most emulators want to put all of the cartridge data in memory at once, which is a problem with PSP's amount of memory and the large sizes of Neo Geo cartridges. CD systems are made with slower access to data in mind, so the RAM necessary is just whatever RAM the emulated system had, plus whatever overhead the emulator is using. For something like SNES where games maxed out at 6 megabytes, it's easy to have the entire cartridge in RAM and still run the emulator.

However, I too would point to the Neo Geo CD emulator as a reason that a good PS1 emulator wouldn't necessarily be fake. Its existence just goes to show that it is possible to have a system more powerful than SNES emulating better than even SNES currently is. It's still unlikely for a perfect PSP emulator to just pop out of nowhere, but not impossible.