PDA

View Full Version : Alternative VSHMenų v3.5

wraggster
January 18th, 2008, 23:31
News/release from RedSquirrel:

Hi guys, sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian ^^
I would to share with this wonderfull community my last update to Alternative VSHMenų, the 3.5.

from the attached README.txt:
What's it?
It is an Alternative VSHMenų that has ALL same functions of the M33 VshMenų and other utilities such as the possibility to change the background color, to power off and to sleep the console, to activate and to disactivate M33 VshMenų from dashboard or to make screenshot of XMB!
Press HOME (by Default) in XMB to start the Alternative VshMenų!
Press CIRCLE (by Default) in Menų to close it.

N.B.: Do not flash this plugin erasing M33 satelite.prx! In this case Alternative VSHMenų does not work!

Features
v3.5
-Changed the disposition of menu lines to avoid to occupy all PSP screen height.
-Added a function to enable/disable M33 Network Update.
-Now when VSHMenų begins, the button "Shutdown PSP" will be selected as the first. In this way the process of PSP turning off, reboot and standby is quickly.
-Added 2 new versions of the PRX: one of them is the Italian translation (by Red Squirrel) and the other is the French Translation (by Britix).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via redsquirrel (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-alternative-vshmenu-v35-132932.html)

djbrotherson
January 18th, 2008, 23:41
Nice program, i just got it

The shutdown, reboot and sleep dont seem to work for me though... anybody else??

EDIT

Nevermind i got it working, those functions stopped working when i changed the M33 VSH menu button to R+HOME but i changed it back to HOME... anybody else run into this problem?

sykotic1
January 19th, 2008, 02:19
Great plugin. This is definitely a good alternative to m33 vshmenu however found a huge problem with this plugin the latest version of psptube will not run I just get a black screen :(.

EDIT. Nevermind everything is working now seems that when I installed this plugin it reset my plugin settings and enabled cwcheat.prx which screws up psptube.

limmk
February 26th, 2008, 14:44
http://exophase.com/images/misc/rsvsh.png

Homebrew developer Red Squirrel returns with an update to his Alternative VSHMenu plugin for PSP. In case you’ve missed previous releases, the plugin adds additional functions to the XMB configuration menu already included in M33’s custom firmware series.

Alternative VSHMenu 4.0 comes with a rather extensive list of additions and changes, including minor optimizations, bug fixes, and a menu item for toggling the hide PIC0 and PIC1 function. Additionally, the author mentions that users running version 4.0 on a regular Phat PSP can change the GAME menu kernel setting from within the XMB, while users with a Slim unit are able to change the USB Charge setting. Note that changing either of these settings will automatically reboot the PSP.

For detailed setup and installation instructions, be sure to refer to the included readme file.

Changelog v4.0:
-Added a security check to the plugin.
This because of a lamer team, called "Team Just Dead", creator (but I have some doubt about it too...) of the "JD-Battery", that when I released the v3.5 they diffused a hex-edit spanish version of my Alternative VSHMenų saying that they were its programmers and creators...
-Added the NO PIC0 AND PIC1 function
-Added the GAME KERNEL function for PSP Fat
-Added the USB CHARGE function for PSP Slim.
-GAME KERNEL and USBCHARGE functions share the same line, so if you use Alternative VSHMenų on a PSP Fat the GAME KERNEL function will appear, otherwise on a Slim the function USB CHEARGE will appear.
-Now when you change one of the functions that requires the reboot of the console to be applied (Game Kernel, USB Charge, M33 Network Update, No Pic1.png and Pic0.png), Dashboard will be restarted automatically, applying the change!
-Some minor bugfix and improvement to the code.