PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Shape.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 00:32
For a few days now, I've been seeing an outline of a shape in the downstairs bathroom of my house, I saw the shape the other day and thought nothing of it and then today I saw it again and thought about it a lot, which led me to taking some pictures, and then dimming the image and saving it as a separate image then joining the two as a fast paced gif animation to see if I could make out more of what I was seeing on the floorboard. The image looks like the Grim Reaper without his sickle but holding what looks like maybe a small dead child/animal, I'm more than amazed at what I've found in my house, but at the same time wondering if there is any meaning to it or if it is just a coincidence that it's in my floorboards.

Anyway, enough of what I'm saying, look and judge for yourselves with the (below) images.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DSC00132.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DSC00133.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DSC00132-DSC00133.gif

DarthPaul
January 19th, 2008, 00:55
What the hell?

Creepy... :eek:

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 01:14
What the hell?

Creepy... :eek:

That's near enough to what I thought, and weird.

eatnooM
January 19th, 2008, 01:47
I like you VampDude, you think similar things to what I do but actually have the nuts to post such odd things in the public eye, like I often see words in my probably-supposed-to-be-random lumpy wallpaper. Anyway, back on topic, that image is as weird as hell.

kcajblue
January 19th, 2008, 01:53
interesting.
you might have too much time on your hands though. ;)

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 02:06
I like you VampDude, you think similar things to what I do but actually have the nuts to post such odd things in the public eye, like I often see words in my probably-supposed-to-be-random lumpy wallpaper. Anyway, back on topic, that image is as weird as hell.

I see things in just about everything, but that stood out from all the rest of the things I've seen, it's randomly weird and kinda creepy.

Take a picture of your wallpaper where you see words and post it! :p

interesting.
you might have too much time on your hands though. ;)

Not much time, I remember when I did have a lot of time on my hands, I was here almost 24/7. :)

ICE
January 19th, 2008, 02:09
I bet if you were a catholic it would have looked like mary holding jesus.. You see what you want to see.

kcajblue
January 19th, 2008, 02:09
Not much time, I remember when I did have a lot of time on my hands, I was here almost 24/7. :)lol. i dont go on as much as i used to.
thats why my post count isnt going anywhere.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 02:33
I bet if you were a catholic it would have looked like mary holding jesus.. You see what you want to see.

It looks kinda grim though, it's definitely holding what looks could be a baby (but it looks kinda dead by the way the head is positioned).

I think it could be a demon form of a religious icon, but what I would like to know is why was the image formed into wood?

ICE
January 19th, 2008, 03:12
It looks kinda grim though, it's definitely holding what looks could be a baby (but it looks kinda dead by the way the head is positioned).

I think it could be a demon form of a religious icon, but what I would like to know is why was the image formed into wood?

Ever heard of the Rorschach test?

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 03:26
Ever heard of the Rorschach test?

No, but I will Google it.

ICE
January 19th, 2008, 03:32
No, but I will Google it.

Well it reminds me an awful lot of that knot in your door lol.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 03:48
Well it reminds me an awful lot of that knot in your door lol.

My door? You mean my floor! lol

Anyway I Googled Rorschach Test, they're the inkblots they show crazy people and they have to say what they see! lmao

ICE
January 19th, 2008, 03:54
My door? You mean my floor! lol

Anyway I Googled Rorschach Test, they're the inkblots they show crazy people and they have to say what they see! lmao

Yup. Thats the test lol. Sound about right?

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 05:03
Yup. Thats the test lol. Sound about right?

I took an online test, the results are as follows:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/Rorschach.jpg

:rolleyes:

ICE
January 19th, 2008, 05:14
Lmao that seems to match your "grim" floorboard observation. By the way may I ask for the link?

kcajblue
January 19th, 2008, 05:15
lol.
what kinda results are that.
those are the weirdest results ive seen for something.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 14:38
Lmao that seems to match your "grim" floorboard observation. By the way may I ask for the link?

It is grim I tell you, it's the messenger of death! (I don't really know what it is - but it does look grim) :p

Link to the test. (http://www.stupidstuff.org/main/rorschach.htm)

lol.
what kinda results are that.
those are the weirdest results ive seen for something.

They are weird, all the results are about the same (for what I've answered).

bah
January 19th, 2008, 15:11
Today I saw a cloud that looked like a bunny.

"My friend said to me he said "I think the weather is trippy" and I said "No man, it's not the weather that's trippy. Perhaps it is the way we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought man, I should have just said "Yeah"." - Mitch Hedberg

DarthPaul
January 19th, 2008, 15:33
Lol @ the results!

mexicansnake
January 19th, 2008, 19:39
I saw some shapes like this one before, by the way Im catholic and I though the shape was Mary holding Jesus but I cant conclude that because I cant see the face clearly. Vampdude I would say the baby is not dead look at the position also he is hugging his mother, also his arm is after his mother´s arm because of that if the baby were dead his arm would be fallen. Maybe we dont know the origin of this shape all I know is that it rocks.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 23:00
I saw some shapes like this one before, by the way Im catholic and I though the shape was Mary holding Jesus but I cant conclude that because I cant see the face clearly.

The face in my opinion is close enough to Ghost Face from Scream (who's face is near enough to the Grim Reapers), and the body figure of the Grim Reaper.

Vampdude I would say the baby is not dead look at the position also he is hugging his mother, also his arm is after his mother´s arm because of that if the baby were dead his arm would be fallen. Maybe we dont know the origin of this shape all I know is that it rocks.

I don't think it's a baby, I've been looking at the image over and over again and I even at one point traced the image outline with MSpaint which the traced image of whatever the bigger shape is holding looks to be a dead animal of some kind (animals can die with their legs sticking up).

Sonicboy 101
January 19th, 2008, 23:04
Maybe you're thinking about it too much.

Triv1um
January 19th, 2008, 23:11
Once I saw a flame and it looked like Abe Lincoln wearing a batman suit eating a Big Mac with no pickles.

VampDude
January 19th, 2008, 23:14
Maybe you're thinking about it too much.

Maybe? But it's a weird shape though.

Sonicboy 101
January 19th, 2008, 23:17
Maybe? But it's a weird shape though.

Ehh, it's normal in my experience. The piece of wood near my door has a marking that looks exactly like a spider. A big one.
Another one had a womans... let's not go into the details. :p

mexicansnake
January 20th, 2008, 00:30
Interesting Vampdude, but Ill give you an advice: Dont go deeper this will make you sick if you keep your investigation, by the way some catholics wich claim to see the virgin Mary in some places become fanatized. But now I see why you say that its a reaper but the face is not clear anyway and for me is surely a baby :S.

ICE
January 20th, 2008, 01:44
I saw some shapes like this one before, by the way Im catholic and I though the shape was Mary holding Jesus but I cant conclude that because I cant see the face clearly. Vampdude I would say the baby is not dead look at the position also he is hugging his mother, also his arm is after his mother´s arm because of that if the baby were dead his arm would be fallen. Maybe we dont know the origin of this shape all I know is that it rocks.

Lol told you vampdude.

Safari Al
January 20th, 2008, 02:25
Lol told you vampdude.

Actually i couldn't agree more ice that is mary holding jesus. Very interesting what how one image can be interperated in many different ways depending on your thoughts on life.

ICE
January 20th, 2008, 02:48
Actually i couldn't agree more ice that is mary holding jesus. Very interesting what how one image can be interperated in many different ways depending on your thoughts on life.

I never said thats what it looked like to me. I just incinuated that it could just as easily be perceived that way by someone with religion close to their mind. Vampdude happens to have death on his mind and therefore he saw.. death lol.

eddieh4444
January 20th, 2008, 02:52
It's either Aleksander Emelianenko's back tattoohttp://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3448/aleksbackna0na8.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aleksbackna0na8.jpg)
or the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus.

mexicansnake
January 20th, 2008, 03:25
It's either Aleksander Emelianenko's back tattoohttp://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3448/aleksbackna0na8.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aleksbackna0na8.jpg)

Lol that is... gross.:eek:

Ay wey no mames...:rofl:

By the way his back says: God is with us.

bah
January 20th, 2008, 04:32
I'm just hoping vamp and snake are mostly joking here.

Sure it may look kinda like something just as clouds can, but that resemblance only exists in our heads. The human mind is an amazing thing, a stick figure looks very little like a human being but our mind is great at extracting meaning from simple hints.

I worry for people who see Mary or whatever in crazy places and think anything more of it than seeing a bunny in a cloud.

mexicansnake
January 20th, 2008, 05:32
I'm just hoping vamp and snake are mostly joking here.

Sure it may look kinda like something just as clouds can, but that resemblance only exists in our heads. The human mind is an amazing thing, a stick figure looks very little like a human being but our mind is great at extracting meaning from simple hints.

I worry for people who see Mary or whatever in crazy places and think anything more of it than seeing a bunny in a cloud.

Of course I was joking with my last post, but Im also worried for the faithless people, people wich just walk through the life without asking themselves who are they or why are they there also they dont do anything productive with their lives because they think that they will just die someday that their efforts are not worth, the universe is not only matter, energy, space or time, the universe is more than just the addition of its parts, it doesnt matter if she is Mary, the reaper or even Michael Jackson, but Vampdude and I believe in something. Surely the human mind is amazing I had thousands of classes about that.

Some scientist say that the ones who see things like this have a more complex mind and because of that they are smarter (scientist point of view) but priest or masons say that if you see things like this you have a stronger soul. Open your mind a cloud is not just a cloud, Im not saying that you should believe in all or think lots of things none the less use your reason and your mind and build mental schemes about possible and abstract solutions to gather to the truth at the same time use your experience to avoid future confusions.

pibs
January 20th, 2008, 07:32
Of course I was joking with my last post, but Im also worried for the faithless people, people wich just walk through the life without asking themselves who are they or why are they there also they dont do anything productive with their lives because they think that they will just die someday that their efforts are not worth, the universe is not only matter, energy, space or time, the universe is more than just the addition of its parts, it doesnt matter if she is Mary, the reaper or even Michael Jackson, but Vampdude and I believe in something. Surely the human mind is amazing I had thousands of classes about that.

Some scientist say that the ones who see things like this have a more complex mind and because of that they are smarter (scientist point of view) but priest or masons say that if you see things like this you have a stronger soul. Open your mind a cloud is not just a cloud, Im not saying that you should believe in all or think lots of things none the less use your reason and your mind and build mental schemes about possible and abstract solutions to gather to the truth at the same time use your experience to avoid future confusions.

damn that is deep

bah
January 20th, 2008, 08:33
That's not deep, that's just pseudo-religious/spiritual rambling IMO.

You start off with the religious concept that without a god-endorsed 'purpose' then people feel their life is worthless (life is about being a decent person, having fun without harming others and creating another generation).
Then move into 'Some scientist say that the ones who see things like this have a more complex mind and because of that they are smarter (scientist point of view) but priest or masons say that if you see things like this you have a stronger soul.' Anyone can see something in a random pattern of shapes/lines (ie a cloud or the eye of a piece of wood), that's fine, thats how the eye/mind interact.
Drawing conclusions of intentional creation by a divinity into something so simple is not the sign of wisdom (neither intellectually nor spiritually).

"it doesnt matter if she is Mary, the reaper or even Michael Jackson, but Vampdude and I believe in something"

You believe there is a reason/purposeful cause to you seeing the reaper/mary in the eye of a piece of wood? There is no reaper there, there is a shape that happens to look slightly similar, being observed by someone who wants to see it. The fact someone more religious sees Mary not the reaper re-enforces that.

There is a difference between opening your mind and letting your imagination run away from you.

Enough of this thread, this is about seeing something in a bunch of abstract shapes and lines not religion. I would think the comparing of belief in a religious doctrine to seeing something in a cloud would be insulting to religious people.

Russell's teapot.

mesosade
January 20th, 2008, 12:41
Quick Rip Up The Floorboards! Save yourselves!

VampDude
January 20th, 2008, 17:52

It could be linked to the thinking of whoever thought of that tattoo design, somewhere along the line the Grim Reaper obviously held a baby.

Quick Rip Up The Floorboards! Save yourselves!

We have 2 or 3 spare boards in the garage, I'm thinking of having that board lifted and sell it online maybe, because people will buy just about anything online if it's unusual. :p

mexicansnake
January 20th, 2008, 18:31
That's not deep, that's just pseudo-religious/spiritual rambling IMO.

You start off with the religious concept that without a god-endorsed 'purpose' then people feel their life is worthless (life is about being a decent person, having fun without harming others and creating another generation).
Then move into 'Some scientist say that the ones who see things like this have a more complex mind and because of that they are smarter (scientist point of view) but priest or masons say that if you see things like this you have a stronger soul.' Anyone can see something in a random pattern of shapes/lines (ie a cloud or the eye of a piece of wood), that's fine, thats how the eye/mind interact.
Drawing conclusions of intentional creation by a divinity into something so simple is not the sign of wisdom (neither intellectually nor spiritually).

"it doesnt matter if she is Mary, the reaper or even Michael Jackson, but Vampdude and I believe in something"

You believe there is a reason/purposeful cause to you seeing the reaper/mary in the eye of a piece of wood? There is no reaper there, there is a shape that happens to look slightly similar, being observed by someone who wants to see it. The fact someone more religious sees Mary not the reaper re-enforces that.

There is a difference between opening your mind and letting your imagination run away from you.

Enough of this thread, this is about seeing something in a bunch of abstract shapes and lines not religion. I would think the comparing of belief in a religious doctrine to seeing something in a cloud would be insulting to religious people.

Russell's teapot.

You are the only one who dont get it, FOR ME religion, science, universe interact in one and only thing. Is the all, if you someday take the chance to grab a philosophy book or take a class you will know what Im talking about.

Is not a pattern?, if you use the scientific method, by using the experimentation and of course of all the experience you will find that several human beings wich saw this image saw the scent of the shape, AND THAT my little fella lead to something that we call inductive method.

Read Plato, Saint Augustin and some other classic philosofers (including greeks) and you will know what way they use to reach the truth. Truth is the adecuation of reason and experience.

Not deep?, the deepness depends on who reads it, dont you said something like that? like it depends on who sees the cloud?. Dude dont take this too personal but if you dont have the enough philosophical level then dont do posts like that.

Always be open, open you hear different ways of thinking, I dont want to make you religious or something I just want to make you aware of this. You dont need to use your imagination to gather to the truth but you must do mental schemes using suppositions.

The consideration conducts to the experience, discovering the patterns and the details wich are the same in fact to get to the universal concept(the scent) If you use a religious way or the scientific way you will end up with with this last though.

Im religious indeed but I dont let it blind my eyes. Hearing insults to the religions doesnt disturb me because that just means that the disturber doesnt understant a word about what Im talking about.

bah
January 21st, 2008, 04:31
Hahahahaha, believe what you want man. I see rational points doing mean much to you. I don't need you to make me aware of your mish-mass religious/spiritual beliefs, I have my own. I would say I'm not the only one with insufficient philosophical experience to bring that into this discussion.

They don't include automatically drawing conclusions of divinity from something this damn simple/common.

If you use the religious way then you don't analyse things, you have faith in the words and want to see divinity around you.
If you use the scientific way then you could compare it to eyes in many other pieces of wood and find there is nothing at all out of the ordinary. I can kind of see a bird in the pattern of the tiles in my bathroom.
There was a 'weeping' statue of Mary in a church in WA fairly recently, they did a (scientific) analysis of it (how would you do a religious one, see how much others believe in it?) and it was concluded to be fake. The archbishop made them remove it from the church for misleading people. Some objected, they really just want to believe.

Yes different people see different things in the same cloud, thats my point. It is a happen stance occurrence observed by human minds. They draw on past experience and each person may come to a different conclusion about what the cloud 'looks like'.
I know no one, religious or otherwise (even if they believe god made the cloud in one way or another), that would say god is intentionally sculpting clouds into the shapes of things we recognise.
What about the vast vast majority of the time when a cloud or an eye in a piece of wood doesn't look like anything?

I guess I'm 'eu a-mousoi', as I disagree with you (and plato) that religious belief in a divinity is a requirement or even an aid to wisdom or philosophy.

'll stick with what I said in the previous post.

I'm thinking of having that board lifted and sell it online maybe, because people will buy just about anything online if it's unusual. :p

They sure do (http://www.waleg.com/archives/000371.html)....

Comment from the article: "But the pranksters are out in force. Apart from forcing the price into the stratosphere, spoof sellers are also offering cheese sandwiches depicting Elvis and the Last Supper.

One offered "the Virgin Mary in Spam, not grilled cheese" and wrote: "Those who believe that the Virgin Mary can appear in food products like grilled cheese have no chance of being saved." "

Now that's funny.

VampDude
January 21st, 2008, 04:52
They sure do (http://www.waleg.com/archives/000371.html)....

Comment from the article: "But the pranksters are out in force. Apart from forcing the price into the stratosphere, spoof sellers are also offering cheese sandwiches depicting Elvis and the Last Supper.

One offered "the Virgin Mary in Spam, not grilled cheese" and wrote: "Those who believe that the Virgin Mary can appear in food products like grilled cheese have no chance of being saved." "

Now that's funny.

lol, I wonder if anyone would offer $22,000 for my piece of wood? (although eBay declared the sandwich auction a prank and ceased the auction until they proved they had the sandwich)

Sandwich images can be faked, I think that there is a possibility of making a shape that doesn't grill the sandwich fully and leaves a lighter effect on the area that hasn't been cooked like the exposed darkened bits.

bah
January 21st, 2008, 05:00
You need publicity, then no matter how crazy and overpriced it is it seems goldenpalace or someone will come in and buy it.

"The online casino Golden Palace.com is a frequent bidder, and last year paid WHMM $2,815.43 for an M&M wrapper. Golden Palace also is famous for paying another eBayer $28,000 for a grilled cheese sandwich that resembled the Virgin Mary, $5,000 for Britney Spears' home pregnancy test and $25,000 for William Shatner's kidney stone. Much of the proceeds go to charity; GoldenPalace is interested in the publicity."

:)

Fake or happenstance man.

mexicansnake
January 21st, 2008, 06:43
Enough of this thread, this is about seeing something in a bunch of abstract shapes and lines not religion.
Your stamements amuse me... Want to keep in this thread?, well then this means that your word is not solid.

Hahahahaha, believe what you want man. I see rational points doing mean much to you. I don't need you to make me aware of your mish-mass religious/spiritual beliefs, I have my own. I would say I'm not the only one with insufficient philosophical experience to bring that into this discussion.

Well maybe I dont have a title but I have several classes from priests and philosophers who won some awards(anyway it doesnt matter)... And then here you go again, you close your mind to other points of view, open your mind and be aware. Your laugh is just fear of having mistakes by the way, you try to be selfish and try to avoid my points.

They don't include automatically drawing conclusions of divinity from something this damn simple/common.

The one who cant see the complexity of the normal and simple things is not able to gather more complex topics.

If you use the religious way then you don't analyse things, you have faith in the words and want to see divinity around you.
If you use the scientific way then you could compare it to eyes in many other pieces of wood and find there is nothing at all out of the ordinary. I can kind of see a bird in the pattern of the tiles in my bathroom.
There was a 'weeping' statue of Mary in a church in WA fairly recently, they did a (scientific) analysis of it (how would you do a religious one, see how much others believe in it?) and it was concluded to be fake. The archbishop made them remove it from the church for misleading people. Some objected, they really just want to believe.

I strongly ask you to read wikipedia about the meaning of faith my child. It doesnt mean believe in something we cant see. The religion actually analize more things than some sciences, dont you know that there is a SCIENCE about God and its called: theology?. In my entire life you are the ONLY one wich says that the religion doesnt analize.

Again READ:
Is not a pattern?, if you use the scientific method, by using the experimentation and of course of all the experience you will find that several human beings wich saw this image saw the scent of the shape, AND THAT my little fella lead to something that we call inductive method.

Inductive method:
The consideration conducts to the experience, discovering the patterns and the details wich are the same in fact to get to the universal concept(the scent) If you use a religious way or the scientific way you will end up with with this last though.

Have you ever read how to make use of the scientific method or the inductive method?.

Yes different people see different things in the same cloud, thats my point. It is a happen stance occurrence observed by human minds. They draw on past experience and each person may come to a different conclusion about what the cloud 'looks like'.
I know no one, religious or otherwise (even if they believe god made the cloud in one way or another), that would say god is intentionally sculpting clouds into the shapes of things we recognise.
What about the vast vast majority of the time when a cloud or an eye in a piece of wood doesn't look like anything?

Again can you take a desicion about perception? Is not just experience I told you READ again you need to use the reason and experience. You are blind dude you cant see a sign in fornt of your eyes, you wouldnt even recognize Bill Gates if you have it in front you.

Why God would care about doing shapes? God is doing more important things, WE NEVER SAID GOD MADE THEM, are you ok?.

Dude that is because we merge in a proper world a world wich has its own problems, sometimes we dont have a chance to stop and reach patterns in the sky because we dont even look at it, but Im pretty sure that if you stop for a while and open your mind you could see something.

I guess I'm 'eu a-mousoi', as I disagree with you (and plato) that religious belief in a divinity is a requirement or even an aid to wisdom or philosophy.

You are more likely an obstinátus fráter-tris confúndere cápere.

So you have your own beliefs and you are not religious but you believe in something also you dont believe in divinity and you trust the science, and you have your own spirituality and religious beliefs? Well dude take one choice, is not a multichoosing exam...

Read my post again... I never said it was an aid or requirement, I said is an union, an only structure divided in parts wich conform the universe...

His previous post:

Enough of this thread, this is about seeing something in a bunch of abstract shapes and lines not religion.

His current post:

'll stick with what I said in the previous post.

Indeed is funny.:rofl: Im having a good time doing my homework Ill give a report tomorrow about this to my philosophy teacher:thumbup:. Thanx for the help... (Read Emotional intelligence by Daniel Goleman that should help you out).

bah
January 21st, 2008, 08:26
You are one self righteous man I'll say that.

My laughter is of your almost fanatical association of something so simple and meaningless, giving it all this meaning, then claiming intellectual superiority based on the most irrelevant things to the topic at hand. Make a coherant point and I'll discuss it.

I had had enough, then you came back with another bunch of senseless rambling about how either a religious or scientific examination of the image would lead to the same thing. This is clearly untrue and just a really strange thing to say. 'Report' to whoever you want, Just include the complete posts from each of us so your teacher can correct you.

If I'm the first person you've heard of that has compared religion and science and come to the conclusion that science analizes deeper than religion, then I think you badly need to step outside your religious circle. Science is observation, drawing inferences and testing those for validity. Religion may examine its own texts, but its theories of the origin of life etc are clearly isolated from any form of scientific (rational) questioning. The church didn't condemn Galileo because they had made superior, impartial observations but to protect their unquestionable 'truths' (in this case that turned out not to be true).
Be any religion you want, but believing something unquestionably is not something you can hold over another as having a 'union' of types of wisdom.

"The one who cant see the complexity of the normal and simple things is not able to gather more complex topics."
Yes there is complexity in everything, down to the sub-atomic level. That has absolutely nothing to do with seeing mary/the reaper in the eye of a piece of wood and claiming it does shows more ignorance than insight.
You keep mentioning the inductive method, what accumulated and established scientific knowledge did you use to judge that the image is of mary/the reaper? None. You cannot just quote terms haphazardly and expect them to mean something.

"So you have your own beliefs and you are not religious but you believe in something also you dont believe in divinity and you trust the science, and you have your own spirituality and religious beliefs? Well dude take one choice, is not a multichoosing exam..."
I am agnostic, hence I ended with the words 'Russell's teapot'.
The basic principle being that if someone states as fact there was a tiny teapot orbiting the sun somewhere between earth and mars, despite the fact no telescope could pick up something like that. Now, anyone who disagreed with that person could not disprove that the teapot was there. That in itself (the inability to disprove something) is surely not a reason to believe it is there, but at the same time there is always some slight (mostly irrational) doubt that it could be there.

So to explain what I believe would be something like 'there may be a god, but there is absolutely no evidence of the existence of one, therefore I am not going to follow an (objectionable) doctrine that claims to be the voice of a divinity'. I cannot disprove it, but scientifically (rationally) there is no evidence therefore I would put it down as 'highly improbable, but possible'.
Feeling a connection to the planet, having responsibility for it as only form of life on it that is capable of recognising our duty to protect it or many other things can be considered spirituality but not in the religious sense. I am in no way trying to make this a 'multichoosing exam'. Anyway multiple choice exams generally only allow you to choose one answer so its a strange statement.

In the context of this image, my point is that just because I cannot give an explanation of why it looks like that, that doesn't mean I should attribute it to anything other than happpenstance. Especially as its not a rare at all to see all sorts of things in similar patterns.

My first post was entirely about that what you see is all in your mind and will differ person to person. You came back with "ut Im also worried for the faithless people, people wich just walk through the life without asking themselves who are they or why are they there also they dont do anything productive with their lives because they think that they will just die someday that their efforts are not worth, the universe is not only matter, energy, space or time, the universe is more than just the addition of its parts.....". If you are not suggesting that there was some kind of purposeful intent behind this pattern, then what on earth does religion have to do with this thread, or my ability to interpret the pattern in a different way than you?

I am blind, wouldn't know bill gates? Calling me 'my child'. Seriously man, grow the hell up and stop being so condescending.

I am yet to see you make a point. Mine is that people really shouldn't take seeing the reaper in the eye of a piece of wood seriously. You can see whatever you want in random shapes. There is nothing wrong with seeing mary, but saying that seeing her while others see the reaper is somehow your enlightened mind seeing more than my 'ignorant' agnostic mind is just wrong and insulting.

Axelius
January 21st, 2008, 12:23
Wow, this discussion is getting to deep for me...

But I do also see some shapes in the flags in my bathroom (I can always look at them when I take a dump...)

Bathrooms seem to have a special force of attraction for mysterious things.

VampDude
January 21st, 2008, 16:16
Wow, this discussion is getting to deep for me...

Very deep, I haven't even read most of it. But I'm sure I will read more when I have time, purely to reply in quotations. :)

But I do also see some shapes in the flags in my bathroom (I can always look at them when I take a dump...)

What flags would anybody have in their bathroom? lol :p

Bathrooms seem to have a special force of attraction for mysterious things.

That's because you have to focus on something, I need total concentration when I go cause I'm easily distracted by things. :D

mexicansnake
January 21st, 2008, 21:08
You are one self righteous man I'll say that.

My laughter is of your almost fanatical association of something so simple and meaningless, giving it all this meaning, then claiming intellectual superiority based on the most irrelevant things to the topic at hand. Make a coherant point and I'll discuss it.

I had had enough, then you came back with another bunch of senseless rambling about how either a religious or scientific examination of the image would lead to the same thing. This is clearly untrue and just a really strange thing to say. 'Report' to whoever you want, Just include the complete posts from each of us so your teacher can correct you.

If I'm the first person you've heard of that has compared religion and science and come to the conclusion that science analizes deeper than religion, then I think you badly need to step outside your religious circle. Science is observation, drawing inferences and testing those for validity. Religion may examine its own texts, but its theories of the origin of life etc are clearly isolated from any form of scientific (rational) questioning. The church didn't condemn Galileo because they had made superior, impartial observations but to protect their unquestionable 'truths' (in this case that turned out not to be true).
Be any religion you want, but believing something unquestionably is not something you can hold over another as having a 'union' of types of wisdom.

"The one who cant see the complexity of the normal and simple things is not able to gather more complex topics."
Yes there is complexity in everything, down to the sub-atomic level. That has absolutely nothing to do with seeing mary/the reaper in the eye of a piece of wood and claiming it does shows more ignorance than insight.
You keep mentioning the inductive method, what accumulated and established scientific knowledge did you use to judge that the image is of mary/the reaper? None. You cannot just quote terms haphazardly and expect them to mean something.

"So you have your own beliefs and you are not religious but you believe in something also you dont believe in divinity and you trust the science, and you have your own spirituality and religious beliefs? Well dude take one choice, is not a multichoosing exam..."
I am agnostic, hence I ended with the words 'Russell's teapot'.
The basic principle being that if someone states as fact there was a tiny teapot orbiting the sun somewhere between earth and mars, despite the fact no telescope could pick up something like that. Now, anyone who disagreed with that person could not disprove that the teapot was there. That in itself (the inability to disprove something) is surely not a reason to believe it is there, but at the same time there is always some slight (mostly irrational) doubt that it could be there.

So to explain what I believe would be something like 'there may be a god, but there is absolutely no evidence of the existence of one, therefore I am not going to follow an (objectionable) doctrine that claims to be the voice of a divinity'. I cannot disprove it, but scientifically (rationally) there is no evidence therefore I would put it down as 'highly improbable, but possible'.
Feeling a connection to the planet, having responsibility for it as only form of life on it that is capable of recognising our duty to protect it or many other things can be considered spirituality but not in the religious sense. I am in no way trying to make this a 'multichoosing exam'. Anyway multiple choice exams generally only allow you to choose one answer so its a strange statement.

In the context of this image, my point is that just because I cannot give an explanation of why it looks like that, that doesn't mean I should attribute it to anything other than happpenstance. Especially as its not a rare at all to see all sorts of things in similar patterns.

My first post was entirely about that what you see is all in your mind and will differ person to person. You came back with "ut Im also worried for the faithless people, people wich just walk through the life without asking themselves who are they or why are they there also they dont do anything productive with their lives because they think that they will just die someday that their efforts are not worth, the universe is not only matter, energy, space or time, the universe is more than just the addition of its parts.....". If you are not suggesting that there was some kind of purposeful intent behind this pattern, then what on earth does religion have to do with this thread, or my ability to interpret the pattern in a different way than you?

I am blind, wouldn't know bill gates? Calling me 'my child'. Seriously man, grow the hell up and stop being so condescending.

I am yet to see you make a point. Mine is that people really shouldn't take seeing the reaper in the eye of a piece of wood seriously. You can see whatever you want in random shapes. There is nothing wrong with seeing mary, but saying that seeing her while others see the reaper is somehow your enlightened mind seeing more than my 'ignorant' agnostic mind is just wrong and insulting.

It seems that someone read wikipedia while I was in school as your current considerations are not like your older ones:eek:...

Erm... Dude the report was to show the different ways of thinking(I wasnt trying to offend you), I included both btw.

All I want to avoid is people saying something like this: (Of course you didnt!)
Yes you are right maybe God draw those images with his custom built dvd laser... Those comments sickens me I read many of them on this thread and again you didnt.

Wisdom depends on who speaks about what topic.

Theology again is a SCIENCE about God, is not just believing, ethical or moral acts, the religion also considerates the science (remember humans are humans an humans do mistakes as the science is a human invention)

Dude you are still confusing my statements... The complexity not just stays in the matter, space, time or energy, the all is more than the addition of its parts.

By now I dont want to speak about fancy teapots... I CARE ABOUT YOUR BELIEFS, as you still stating use the scientific method:rolleyes: dont use those stories with me... You think that I make childish statements but not even like that you cant get some parts...

Maybe a strange statement but you are doing that mistake of choosing several answers of your beliefs (Its ok I highly respect your opinions and I think they are intelligent).

You came saying that you are worried for religions people thats why I said that:). I do care about what I writte.

I made several points and statements but you cant see them, because your "scientific" world is like my "religious circle" not all what the people say is correct in terms of science(including religion).

For me your opinions are not insulting, I apoligize if I did with my opinions. But you know sometimes when you are speaking in a foreign language you dont measure your words no matter if you care about them.

What if we cooperate to keep on topic and work along to post our thoughts about this phemomenon?.(Im not dropping the towel, if you want more surely you could have...)

Maybe I was agressive trying to show you that you said that you had enough and you should stop to show that your word is solid, but you know the internet is free and you can post all you want.

Ill go to some guitar classes, Ill be back soon and complete this post.:o

Sonicboy 101
January 21st, 2008, 21:16
...can anyone tell me what they're saying?

Axelius
January 21st, 2008, 21:46
What flags would anybody have in their bathroom? lol :p

Hehe, I didn't mean something like this by "flag": http://www.bluesencounters.eu/fotos/gb-flag.gif

I was actually speaking of floor tiles...(you know, I'm German and the dictionary said it was called flag:rofl:)

VampDude
January 21st, 2008, 23:25
Hehe, I didn't mean something like this by "flag": http://www.bluesencounters.eu/fotos/gb-flag.gif

I was actually speaking of floor tiles...(you know, I'm German and the dictionary said it was called flag:rofl:)

You can get an American flag made from tiles to look at, it costs $1999,00 which I reckon is a waste of money considering the fact it looks easy enough to make at home, and also the fact that not everybody would like an American flag. :)

http://www.cergamicstile.com/Flag_cut_out_close_crop_web.jpg

mexicansnake
January 22nd, 2008, 04:08
You can get an American flag made from tiles to look at, it costs $1999,00 which I reckon is a waste of money considering the fact it looks easy enough to make at home, and also the fact that not everybody would like an American flag. :)

http://www.cergamicstile.com/Flag_cut_out_close_crop_web.jpg

Urm... Expensive Amerikan tiles flag in my bathroom, sounds like a joke... That would be one of the last things I would put on there.

This would be more useful:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Rubber_duck.jpg/215px-Rubber_duck.jpg

pibs
January 22nd, 2008, 04:42
LOL u guys had a looong conversation over 4 words I said

Hey MexicanSnake what school in GDL do you g2?

mexicansnake
January 22nd, 2008, 04:44
LOL u guys had a looong conversation over 4 words I said

Hey MexicanSnake what school in GDL do you g2?

I used to live in Guadalajara... I moved to San Juan de los Lagos (Now: Colegio Miguel De Bolonia. You know those lasallan schools...) And in like 4 months more Ill be moving to Monterrey :p.

Btw where do you live?.

pibs
January 22nd, 2008, 04:48
I live in Los Angeles but once I am done with my education I hope on going back to my pueblito near talpa jalisco

bah
January 22nd, 2008, 04:51
I don't feel my 'current considerations' have changed, perhaps your interpretation of what I'm saying has but I feel I've been consistent throughout.

Why do you dismiss Russell's teapot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot) when I use it in the context of me being agnostic but leaning towards atheism?
That is what I believe regarding a divinity/omnipotent creator.
Atheist means you do not believe in a god at all. None.
Agnostic means you feel human kind does not have the knowledge/means of testing to know if there is one or not. At the same time I do not agree with religious doctrine because it claims to speak for and create rules on behalf of the creator in ways that cannot be tested/proven.
Richard Dawkins (someone I'm sure you'll just love :) ) is a pretty well respected scientist and he expanded on the theory in one of his books. A quote is in the linked article above, I feel the story is relevant to explain my beliefs. Surely a religious person would understand the concept of using a story to communicate an idea.

I never said I was worried for religious people, I said: " I worry for people who see Mary or whatever in crazy places and think anything more of it than seeing a bunny in a cloud (boldness added to show emphasis). I was saying that its fine to see whatever you see (in a previous post I said I saw a bunny in a cloud), but taking that to mean anything more than 'its how the brain works' (like saying 'god made the shape as a message', which is what I thought you were implying by bringing religion into the discussion) is worrying.

I think we should should all go back to talking about videogames, but I can't resist a good debate and I'm always up for a good rant.

Vampdude: They finally found a flag the terrorists can't burn, ceramic! Take that muslim world!
OK, that was probably less funny to Americans that myself, sorry.

mexicansnake
January 22nd, 2008, 04:53
I live in Los Angeles but once I am done with my education I hope on going back to my pueblito near talpa jalisco

Awesome!, maybe we can meet some day...

I though you seem to be latin by your neo-zapatist avatar.

pibs
January 22nd, 2008, 05:01
yea im chicano, im actually going to major in that because I feel the need to help my people especially during these rough times in america(not just chicanos but the hole raza).I am a freshman at the university so I don't have much knowledge but I have lots of personal experience. I was in mexico about 2weeks ago lol ill have to save up to go back :) but sure thing MexicanSnake.

mexicansnake
January 22nd, 2008, 05:04
I don't feel my 'current considerations' have changed, perhaps your interpretation of what I'm saying has but I feel I've been consistent throughout.

Why do you dismiss russle's teapot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot) when I use it in the context of me being agnostic but leaning towards atheism?
That is what I believe regarding a divinity/omnipotent creator.
Atheist means you do not believe in a god at all. None.
Agnostic means you feel human kind does not have the knowledge/means of testing to know if there is one or not. At the same time I do not agree with religious doctrine because it claims to speak for and create rules on behalf of the creator in ways that cannot be tested/proven.
Richard Dawkins (someone I'm sure you'll just love :) ) is a pretty well respected scientist and he expanded on the theory in one of his books. A quote is in the linked article above, I feel the story is relevant to explain my beliefs. Surely a religious person would understand the concept of using a story to communicate an idea.

I never said I was worried for religious people, I said: " I worry for people who see Mary or whatever in crazy places and think anything more of it than seeing a bunny in a cloud (boldness added to show emphasis). I was saying that its fine to see whatever you see (in a previous post I said I saw a bunny in a cloud), but taking that to mean anything more than 'its how the brain works' is worrying.

I think we should should all go back to talking about videogames, but I can't resist a good debate and I'm always up for a good rant.

Vampdude: They finally found a flag the terrorists can't burn, ceramic! Take that muslim world!
OK, that was probably less funny to Americans that myself, sorry.

At last we understand each other... Yeah its good to have good debates!. But yeah we should speak about videogames rather than speaking about PERSONAL beliefs.

What I said about that about that teapot was that I dont really care about a "theory" I want to read your words because I found them somewhat interesting. But Ill read the teapot stuff cuz I made you read plato :p.

Indeed, its not matter of faith in some cases, I would say they are kind of crazy :p(I have seen several crazy religious people in my life). And yeah its kind of worrying but anyway as I said is worying to see someone who doesnt expect something productive whith his life.

Yeah, not only a terrorist would burn that flag...;):rolleyes:. Some people around here hate the so called "Bush kingdom" (Its not all the amerikans fault:()

Pibs: How is the raza there? Maybe those weyes are worried about the elections, damn we didnt have a chance, but maybe someday:).

bah
January 22nd, 2008, 05:13
Pretty much all the Americans I've met/talked to are great people, its the government that's the problem.
With the rise of China/India and their increasingly bad economy, they seem to feel force is the only way to 'stay on top'.

I love South America and the way its leaning left at the moment, nothing like nationalising energy resources to piss off that idiot oil-man in the white house :)

pibs
January 22nd, 2008, 05:20
yea our government is a joke, doesn't matter who gets to win class clown because in the end we all get laughed at anyways.

bullhead
January 24th, 2008, 20:39

Yeah dude, thats what I saw.

Still though, its just wood, coincidence.

x.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 20:49
Yeah dude, thats what I saw.

Still though, its just wood, coincidence.

x.

Wood contains many unexplained mysteries, I still see the Reaper in it though. :p

bullhead
January 24th, 2008, 20:51
Thats true, infact, did you know that plumbers wrists are strung together by strands of wood from the cork tree?

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 20:55
Thats true, infact, did you know that plumbers wrists are strung together by strands of wood from the cork tree?

I never knew that...

...So how are plumbers wrists strung together by strands of wood from a cork tree?

bullhead
January 24th, 2008, 22:57
Its a secret shared only between plumbers, if I told you, id be shunned and labled an outcast. Sorry dude.

Triv1um
January 24th, 2008, 23:19
Theres a Buzz lightyear in my floor.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 23:30
Theres a Buzz lightyear in my floor.

Picture! ??? :)

the_eternal_dark
January 26th, 2008, 09:47
VampDude, you should paint the outlines when you lift it. Pretty sick looking piece of natural art.

VampDude
January 26th, 2008, 09:53
VampDude, you should paint the outlines when you lift it. Pretty sick looking piece of natural art.

I actually started outlining the picture in MSpaint, I never got around to finishing it though (I went into the littlest details).

the_eternal_dark
January 26th, 2008, 14:38
You ought to finish it and post the result.

VampDude
January 26th, 2008, 14:48
You ought to finish it and post the result.

I got bored halfway through doing it, I will probably go back and finish it sometime soon though.

priji
February 1st, 2008, 09:26
i don't know the Rorschach test?What is it?