PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu IRC Chat Back Open :)

wraggster
January 19th, 2008, 01:27
Whilst working on the forums tonight i got rid of the old hacked Java chat and ive uploaded a new JAVA IRC Chat that connects to our DCEmu Chatroom on Efnet #dcemu

Luckily for all members of our community you can click this link --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/vbjirc/vbjirc.php

and it joins you and uses your forum name, kinda cool eh.

One thing down much more to go

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 00:17
Nice, now not having an IRC client isn't a bad thing! :p

And the auto name thing is cool, cause I don't have to write "VampDude" every time I goto DCEmu IRC. :D

Shrygue
January 24th, 2008, 16:34
It somehow does not work for me, not that it matters too much as I prefer using an IRC client like Xchat, myself.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 20:43
It somehow does not work for me, not that it matters too much as I prefer using an IRC client like Xchat, myself.

Is Xchat any good? I prefer a chat client over using the one provided (I liked my mIRC client but it was on a trial), but not having a client I'm stuck with using the one that's readily available (which also goes down when the site server does).

Shrygue
January 24th, 2008, 20:48
Xchat is good but the Windows version will cost you about $20 (£10). You get a 30 day free trial period with it though.

Alternatively, if you have Linux, then you can get it for free. That's the OS I use the application from.

There is also another way I know do. You could get the Opera Internet browser, it has built-in IRC there and it's free as well. I use that to talk when I'm in Windows.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 21:12
I never knew Opera had IRC, I will check it out as I already have Opera. :)