PDA

View Full Version : IGN Xbox 360 Previews 2008: Predictions

wraggster
January 19th, 2008, 19:05
IGN's Predictions for 2008:
* Gears of War 2 Won't be Announced at GDC
Unlike what most press sites will tell you, we're going to say that the game will not make its debut at this year's GDC. To say that it will is a natural assumption. It's a big show and people are expecting Microsoft to offer up some exciting game properties to satiate the insatiable appetites of their audience. Gears of War 2 fits in with those plans, but we're saying that we won't see the game for a few more months yet.

* Microsoft Won't Release a Blu-ray Player
As it stands, the Xbox 360 has two HD solutions for movies; HD-DVD and Xbox Live Marketplace. Adding a third, especially before the HD-DVD format is totally done and the digital download service hasn't had a chance to truly flourish, is unnecessary this year. Cross your fingers if you want Blu-ray but don't hold your breath.

* Microsoft will Continue to Try to Break into Family Gaming
We predict that Microsoft will still make valiant efforts with family-oriented games continuing to be announced through many of the large game shows, but they'll continue to struggle with consumers. Whether it's because of poor marketing (Scene It?) or the games themselves are poorly made (Sneakers), Microsoft will continue to fail when it comes to pleasing an entire family of players.

* Not Every Big 2008 Title Releases in 2008
Here's a short list of a few of the games that have the sort of ambition or history to make us second guess their release stability: Alan Wake, Fable 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Last Remnant, APB, Huxley and Age of Conan.

* We'll Stop Getting Three Red Lights E-Mails by December 2008
Well, we're stepping out on a ledge to say that the Three Red Lights epidemic will have quelled by December 2008. By that time all Xbox 360s bought before a certain date will have fulfilled their destiny and kicked the bucket. Millions of gamers will have gone through the pain of repairing their system. It will be a great day indeed.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/846/846309p12.html

JKKDARK
January 19th, 2008, 19:14
These predictions by IGN are good. I hope they will be true :)

cal360
January 19th, 2008, 19:27
These predictions by IGN are good. I hope they will be true :)

I hope not all of them come true I realy want to be able to play Fable 2 this year.

morninghead
January 20th, 2008, 01:20
Yeah, I wouldn't mind playing Gears of War 2 either or at least seeing some shots of it. I'm just curious, since I haven't heard this yet, but when does GDC 2008 start?