PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus Build 17.01.2008 - Genesis Emulator for Gamecube/Wii

wraggster
January 20th, 2008, 12:23
Eke-eke (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24414&postcount=166) has posted a new test release of Genesis Plus, heres whats new:

Last shot...
tell me if you can read the text in this one ...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Eviltaco64
January 21st, 2008, 18:47
Someone should make a Genesis/Sega CD/Sega 32X emulator for the Cube. It's definitely capable of emulating Sega CD if PSP can, and I'm sure it could emulate the 32X (just not as well) if the Xbox could

Starscream
January 21st, 2008, 20:04
It's a matter of effort and motivation on part of the coders. Sega-CD would probably be interesting, Eke-Eke has already floated the idea.

I doubt 32x would run very good though, the difference between the XBox and the GC is not that marginal on paper, and to my knowledge the only portable would be Gens, and that one is x86 ASM if I remember right. So it would have to be rewritten.

Eviltaco64
January 21st, 2008, 21:27
It's a matter of effort and motivation on part of the coders. Sega-CD would probably be interesting, Eke-Eke has already floated the idea.

I doubt 32x would run very good though, the difference between the XBox and the GC is not that marginal on paper, and to my knowledge the only portable would be Gens, and that one is x86 ASM if I remember right. So it would have to be rewritten.

That's true. Xbox emulators wouldnt be as high quality if the Xbox didnt have a modified PC architecture.

Sega CD is, without a doubt, possible.

I'd say that fullspeed 32X Emulation could be possible if a lot of time was put into it, but honestly, besides Knuckles Chaotix, what's a worthwhile game that isnt an enhanced Genesis game with the same music?

But it is nice to see the Gamecube homebrew scene becoming more popular because of the Wii, I mean, who knows? Maybe we might be playing Conker and Paper Mario 1 on Gamecube sooner or later.

Starscream
January 22nd, 2008, 14:11
Yeah, that N64 project is promising, once "real" Wii homebrew is possible we'll probably see some other efforts. Maybe some computer emulators with USB Keyboard support.

As for 32x, right, there isn't that much, certainly not many exclusives. Maybe that Star wars arcade game besided Chaotix. Some decent ports (Afterburner etc.) but a lot are available on other platforms.