PDA

View Full Version : PS3's RRoD: YLOD

wraggster
January 20th, 2008, 13:01
Everyone knows about the Xbox 360 RROD (red ring of death) thanks to some 33% of games consoles getting this problem, now we have proof of the Sony PS3 death with a so called YLOD (yellow light of death).

http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=162098

http://www.n4g.com/News-101751.aspx

Triv1um
January 20th, 2008, 13:22
Cool.

First now, console has been out for a while. Damn better than the 360.

DPyro
January 20th, 2008, 16:17
He overheated the console and the PS3 is just auto-shutting down.

Elven6
January 20th, 2008, 16:26
Thats pretty funny, I wonder if it will be has severe has RROD?

DPyro
January 20th, 2008, 17:24
It's not a problem though, its just overheated and auto-shuts down so that the PS3 doesn't get damaged.

F9zDark
January 20th, 2008, 18:34
Thats pretty funny, I wonder if it will be has severe has RROD?

Not likely, what made RRoD so severe is that the 360 has a 33-40% failure rate, as reported by many reputable websites (PC Gamer for instance).

The Playstation 3 has 0.2% failure rate.

VexnadFett
January 20th, 2008, 19:00
ooh! scary! first incident i've heard of after a year and three months on the market! QUICK! EVERYONE! HIDE THE CHILDREN! puh-leaze this is nowhere near as catastrophic as the RROD

Gene
January 20th, 2008, 19:18
Whatever this is, It makes me reassured that I bought the extended 2 year warranty.

Shrygue
January 20th, 2008, 22:17
I've had this happen to me before, but that was because my room temperture was really hot and I was using the Playstation 3 console for ages. Like $n!pR says, it's not really a big deal to worry about, it's just a safety feature to prevent damage to the console. Also, I doubt the console has a yellow LED, it's just the green and red ones being on at the same time making that colour (I could be wrong but it's more likely that).

XxunknowxX
January 20th, 2008, 22:24
lol funny finally after what how ever millions of ps3 one got mess up congrats lol its not messup for the sounds of it it sound like the fans are strucked with something so they cant spin but also i have read in google in other sites and the yellow light is over heated but to do that u must keep it on for a weel cuz i have had my on for a day and didnt get mess up.

DCergo
January 20th, 2008, 22:36
It's not a YLOD, what you are witnessing is the effect of the NoxOm OtherOS TILT "Exploit" that was covered on this site, and someone is using that to try and make the PS3 look like it's having a similar Xbox360 style RROD failure, when it's not.

:rofl:

Zin0099
January 21st, 2008, 03:07
NoxOm OtherOS TILT what is that?
"this scared me a first because i download off the psn store alot and leave the ps3 on but it was cold anyway so no worry"

XxunknowxX
January 21st, 2008, 20:33
oh i found this on the playstation site and here is the link scroll down till u see
If the power indicator on the PLAYSTATION®3 is flashing red and green alternately

read what it saids that is what is happenin is just hot is not mess up.

lmtlmt
January 22nd, 2008, 06:57
http://onipepper.de/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/RROD.jpg

Napalm-Death
January 22nd, 2008, 20:28
Oh man, good one. XD That reminds me, I found a RRoD at Virgin Megastore this morning, and another at GameStop during my lunch break.

F9zDark
January 22nd, 2008, 20:38
Oh man, good one. XD That reminds me, I found a RRoD at Virgin Megastore this morning, and another at GameStop during my lunch break.

Having a 30-40% failure rate must be nice eh? Glad I got myself a PS3, since Sony would rather take a dive on profits and give us the highest quality piece of equipment available.

Napalm-Death
January 23rd, 2008, 00:18
Yep, we love the failure rate! I'm currently saddened by the fact that my PS3 keeps overheating itself. It's shut down on me twice, but it's not anything as fatal as the RRoD. :D

Triv1um
January 23rd, 2008, 02:25

I actually broke on down virgin (now Zavvi) While playing motoGP. Screen went mad then it shut off with the 3 lights.

Same story down PC World playing GHII