PDA

View Full Version : Dark AleX's CFW PSP 3.80 M33-5 Released

wraggster
January 20th, 2008, 19:38
UPDATE - Dark Alex has now released the latest update to his Custom Firmware, Heres whats new:

3.80 M33-5

Changes:

- Fixed custom CPU clock not working in games
- CPU clock has never (in any SE/OE/M33) be set at all in games that restarted using sceKernelLoadExec to use a subgame or reload themselves,
after said restart happened (e.g. Castlevania). Fixed.
- Added setting to recovery to hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in the XMB game menu
By default off, when on you will probably notice a faster browse in XMB games.
This setting only applies to any kind of apps/games (pbp, iso) that load from MS, but not to UMD's.

Make sure you have 3.80M33 Installed (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dark-alex-releases-3-80m33-4-custom-firmware-amp-popsloader-86079.html)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/3_80M33_5_CFW_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3_80M33_5_CFW_Released

Mathieulh just let us know that a new update to the 3.80 m33 Custom Firmware is incoming

ahem.... your attention please, M33-5 soon to be released over the network update (I am going to global whenever it is so avoid refreshing the website or the network update feature every minutes) Thanks for your understanding

News and downloads etc as soon as it arrives

mavsman4457
January 20th, 2008, 19:40
Outstanding. I just used the network update for the first time and let me tell you, it is a nice feature. Even if it were giving me a useless update that literally did nothing I'd still feel cool for using it. Excellent work.

mike_jmg
January 20th, 2008, 19:47
nice!, hope this one solves the MS issues

edit: that was quick

wraggster
January 20th, 2008, 19:50
i havent updated yet :P

wraggster
January 20th, 2008, 20:10
its released :)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3_80M33_5_CFW_Released

limmk
January 20th, 2008, 20:10
DA & his team went all of their way to make us happy ... I really appreciate all of their efforts ^_^

Sonicboy 101
January 20th, 2008, 20:13
Awesome.

3.80 M33-5

Changes:

- Fixed custom CPU clock not working in games
- CPU clock has never (in any SE/OE/M33) be set at all in games that restarted using sceKernelLoadExec to use a subgame or reload themselves,
after said restart happened (e.g. Castlevania). Fixed.
- Added setting to recovery to hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in the XMB game menu
By default off, when on you will probably notice a faster browse in XMB games.
This setting only applies to any kind of apps/games (pbp, iso) that load from MS, but not to UMD's.

stevo11185
January 20th, 2008, 20:33
woo, wipeout pulse runs full speed again

Gene
January 20th, 2008, 20:47
Ratchet and Clank online finally works.
not sure if it was due to this update but I just wanted to let those few who care know.

kyyubidx
January 20th, 2008, 20:59
and this proves my point earlier today that overclocking was broken... well nice release DAX ;)

Veskgar
January 20th, 2008, 21:20
and this proves my point earlier today that overclocking was broken... well nice release DAX ;)

Yup. It sure was F.U.B.A.R. and I'm excited to try this new update. No word in changes regarding the slow memory stick issues.

I wonder if simply over-clocking will negate the less efficient memory stick performance. I'll test this release out on my original PSP. I'll wait to here more before I update my Slim PSP.

CaptainMorgan4
January 20th, 2008, 21:23
Updating now, always good to see updates, question though when I set my cpu to 300/150 in the xmb it displays on my plugin that it's at 299/149. I mean I don't really care because it's only one off but I just figured I'd report it, but I'll see if it's fixed in M33-5.

phsychokill
January 20th, 2008, 21:59
nice!, hope this one solves the MS issues

the MS issues are in the true 3.80 update they are caused by a change sony made to the system you could try copying the file off your MS then formatting it with the psp then it may correct the card to work the way the new firmware wants. the change was probly made so they can use bigger MS due to their want for the online store to take off as it hasnt affected my 4gb MS but it did slow down my 2gb but then i only mainly use it for pandora.

Safari Al
January 20th, 2008, 22:26
Updating as we speak ;) great job DAX

dark heart
January 20th, 2008, 22:30
thanks dax! ...but battles in ff7 still won't work...

Shrygue
January 20th, 2008, 22:31
Wow, Dark_Alex must be working overtime to crank out another wonderful update for us all. Keep up the great work!

dankbeats
January 20th, 2008, 22:52
dark heart, I have 3.80 M33-4 and noticed that the battles in the PAL version of FF7 do not work for me, but the NTSC North American version runs perfectly. Perhaps this can be the same for M33-5. Just throwing it out there.

bumfacekilla
January 20th, 2008, 22:54

I don't know what's wrong with yours, but mine works just fine on my slim and fat. Maybe try getting hold of a different copy. My copy is made from iso's I have made using my own discs (PAL Version). Maybe the bugs are present in NTSC-US and JAP versions?:confused:

Pimp13
January 20th, 2008, 23:13
WARNING: THIS DOES NOT SOLVE THE MS ISSUES. Now I have to buy another MS.......

juiceface
January 20th, 2008, 23:20
i have firmware 1.5 installed on an original PSP, how do I install this firmware on it?

thanks in advance :)

mike_jmg
January 20th, 2008, 23:45
the MS issues are in the true 3.80 update they are caused by a change sony made to the system you could try copying the file off your MS then formatting it with the psp then it may correct the card to work the way the new firmware wants. the change was probly made so they can use bigger MS due to their want for the online store to take off as it hasnt affected my 4gb MS but it did slow down my 2gb but then i only mainly use it for pandora.

oh, so you're saying it could be fixed by formating my MS on the psp (I always have backups, so nothing gets lost), you're probably right, but I'm too lazy to do it, I have a lot of stuff in there.

I don't know, maybe I'll stay a little longer on 3.71M33-4, until I can get custom gameboots working on 3.80

mike_jmg
January 20th, 2008, 23:49
WARNING: THIS DOES NOT SOLVE THE MS ISSUES. Now I have to buy another MS.......

maybe if you try formating the MS through the psp as phsychokill told me

o1mlc
January 21st, 2008, 00:29
Well, 3.80 M33-5 seems to have sorted out the CPU speed issue, GTA VCS now runs smoother for me, but there's still the MS lag.
That's $ony though and not DAX.
After a quick go (on 3.80 M33-4) GTA VCS was unplayable for me.
Another quick test after going to 3.80 M33-5 (at 333Mhz), the lag still could be detected. However, now the game runs pretty much as it did in 3.71 M33-4 (for me that is and my MS / setup etc. $ony 2Gb)
Therefore, the game is no longer rendered unplayable.
I hope this stops everyone from complaining...for now at least...hehehe...

saulin
January 21st, 2008, 00:53
Guys for the ms lag you have to try to run the games in iso without compression, also make sure to overclock to 333/166. If it lags badly you probably need to format the ms through the psp as well and possible format flash 1 and reset settings.

The lag will not be fixed by a CFW update. It most likely will need to be fixed by Sony with a new firmware if they care about it or if they get enough people complaining.

kryst abegnalie
January 21st, 2008, 02:14
Guys for the ms lag you have to try to run the games in iso without compression, also make sure to overclock to 333/166. If it lags badly you probably need to format the ms through the psp as well and possible format flash 1 and reset settings.

The lag will not be fixed by a CFW update. It most likely will need to be fixed by Sony with a new firmware if they care about it or if they get enough people complaining.

Maybe sony did it on purpose to lessen back-uping, pirating UMD Iso's on PSP, well, i see nice results on the PSP homebrew scenes now a days..

iniquitous_beast
January 21st, 2008, 04:15
You should try formatting your memory stick with your pc using the FAT format. It is less efficient, but it is much faster. You'll need to use the command prompt to do it right. There are guides online.

Edit: Here is a quick guide. Attach your psp with memory stick to your pc. Make sure that your psp is set to usb mode. Determine what drive letter your pc recognizes your psp as. Then go into the command prompt and type this: "format <drive>: /fs:fat" without the quotes and with your psp's drive letter in the area marked <drive>. It works fine for my 4gb.

discombobulated
January 21st, 2008, 04:40
I have no Pandora's battery but is an update to the 1.5 kernel plug in coming for the latter M33's? I goofed and didn't install it before upgrading to M33-4.

dark heart
January 21st, 2008, 06:25
I don't know what's wrong with yours, but mine works just fine on my slim and fat. Maybe try getting hold of a different copy. My copy is made from iso's I have made using my own discs (PAL Version). Maybe the bugs are present in NTSC-US and JAP versions?

thanks for replying, I'm using the ntsc-us version, and the game was running perfectly before i updated to 3.80 m33 now I've got m33 5 installed with pops 2 and the 1.5 kernal homebrew plugin or what ever it was called.

i hope this gets fixed soon, having to start the game again after getting to rocket town when shinra are trying to take over the rocket, is a kick in the balls.
what's even more disconcerting is that other peoples ff7 are working :(
my only thought is that it's the firmware, i was playing it before fine on 3.72 m33 4 before the update

Uruz 6
January 21st, 2008, 09:43
I have no Pandora's battery but is an update to the 1.5 kernel plug in coming for the latter M33's? I goofed and didn't install it before upgrading to M33-4.

It should be here http://dark-alex.org/ (the second "hot" one):thumbup:

DarthPaul
January 21st, 2008, 09:50
Nice! Finally the CPU problem solved. I can't wait to get my hands on a new PSP to install 3.80M33.

Raziel-chan
January 21st, 2008, 11:44
Maybe sony did it on purpose to lessen back-uping, pirating UMD Iso's on PSP, well, i see nice results on the PSP homebrew scenes now a days..

Umm... That would be a suicidal move, as PSX and no-UMD games bought in the PSN store run off the memory stick as well.

Anyway, for me what fixed it was what somebody proposed earlier - formatting the stick under windows to fat32 and then in the PSP again.

cya
Raziel-chan

blaz3d
January 21st, 2008, 12:17
dark heart, I have 3.80 M33-4 and noticed that the battles in the PAL version of FF7 do not work for me, but the NTSC North American version runs perfectly. Perhaps this can be the same for M33-5. Just throwing it out there.

i played the PAL version until 3rd disk, the only thing missing was the swirls at the starts of battles. 380m33-5 wont change any pops (unless ur using popsloader) from 380m33

I don't know, maybe I'll stay a little longer on 3.71M33-4, until I can get custom gameboots working on 3.80

gameboots? im using ones ive had since i was on 1.5, the only thing i want to know is how to debrand the gameboot

peace

Sharpy
January 21st, 2008, 13:28
DA just keeps 'em coming, nice feature that too for the xmb cos the loading times do get annoying after a while, props to DAX for another cool update. :)

ab_geee_eee
January 21st, 2008, 17:43
thank you!

xg917
January 21st, 2008, 18:21
umm so i am on 3.52 M33

i havent updated obviously. idk if its worth it. help? i have everything i need on the version im on currently.

CaptainMorgan4
January 21st, 2008, 18:27
Yeah Xg go ahead, 3.80 is nice.

AshtonNewton
January 21st, 2008, 18:31
Is anyone still having problems with the sound?

shango46
January 22nd, 2008, 04:24
Good Job! Glad to see that it was released and is receiving constant updates when that new firmware is just around the corner. Keep up the good work!

NOCHUCK
January 22nd, 2008, 13:42
Man I love that network update feature. The PSP is such a sexy beast of a machine With ALL these great homebrew developers.

ectso12
January 22nd, 2008, 22:42
Only just get a new version of PMPadvance that support 3.80-4 and the new 3.80-5 makes the PMPadvance not working again. :-(

Mr Corky
January 23rd, 2008, 08:10
Can I update without a battery?

sarah drake
March 24th, 2008, 17:59
Can you upgrade from 3.40OE to this version? I am not very teccy with this stuff - but the psp will not play new games purchased and I was told I needed to upgrade? Can anyone help please????:confused: