PDA

View Full Version : converting poi's

IrishGuy1087
January 21st, 2008, 07:29
hey all, ive found a couple of speed trap pois and red light cam pois made for usa by the company behind tom tom,

if you would like me to share the site, let me know, im not sure what the policy is here for me to post a site up, but otherwise i could pm,

but i need help, i am not sure how to convert for use with map this

i have seen the wiki guide, it says u can convert, im jsut not sure how, if it helps it is in OV2 format, but i can get other formats, let me know wat i need please, ok thanks for readin

philiphili
January 21st, 2008, 08:31
Hi, I will try to explain. First open Global Map Download tool. Go to POI on top of the page,click on OV2. A window will appear asking to open an OV2 file. Select your OV2 and click open. You will see a little window popping up telling you the number of POI's found in the file. Hit OK and than in Global Map Download Tool click on Save POI (start with_) and give your file a name. OK that's it. Now locate your saved file in gmdl0.5.XX/GMD/bin/Debug. Place the file in your PSP under COMMON and it should work fine.

Philip

IrishGuy1087
January 21st, 2008, 17:14
all is well now, many thanks for your help, offer is still on the table if anyone needs this site

IrishGuy1087
January 21st, 2008, 18:09
hey i got a new question now, is there any specific way for me to combine both my speed camera poi and my red light poi, and also, i notice the icon for the cameras disappear when moving the map, i havent tested it with gps yet, will it stay intact when gps active?

Nieko
January 21st, 2008, 19:40
You'll have to put all the POIs in a single file, if you want to load all of them. The icons indeed disappear when you move the cursor, but the reappear when you let go :). In GPS mode, they will stay there.

IrishGuy1087
January 21st, 2008, 21:32
ahh i see, very good, it was pretty straight forward too, once again, thank you

gcg4ever
January 22nd, 2008, 05:53
This is what I have been looking for, to view the POIs together with my MapThis! It works great. Thanks. :thumbup: