PDA

View Full Version : Probably-fake GoldenEye XBLA video

Shrygue
January 21st, 2008, 18:13
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179997)

It's time to get all excited about that game you'll (probably) never play. A 'leaked' video of GoldenEye XBLA has once again put Rare's N64 gem under the spotlight.

The supposed XBLA footage shows Bond running through the Missile Silo level with the trusty KF7 Soviet.

The textures and gun look like they've been given a polish over, and if you watch through to the end you'll notice a B-button icon on the menu screen (to the lower right), and a text box that reads: "saving content, please don't not turn off your console."

They could be clues pointing to it being genuine, but as sceptics we would point out that everything in the video could be easily faked using a re-textured, modded version of the N64 ROM running on a PC emulator. By 'easily', we actually mean by homebrew ninjas.

The sad fact is that if there's a lot of hype over anything the gaming world, there are loners out there who'd love nothing more than putting time into making something like this. It must make them feel special to get on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWls4S_qu8.

JKKDARK
January 21st, 2008, 18:29
I hope it's true, I wonder what the both companies (Rare and Microsoft) wil lsay.

Eviltaco64
January 21st, 2008, 18:59
It would be cool to see it released on Wii and 360 to settle the compromise.

morninghead
January 22nd, 2008, 16:12
Yeah, this is probably fake. I have the N64 version that I play sometimes and that board looked exactly the same. People, guns, and even the graphics. You think they'd make a few changes for this version. The only difference I saw was those numbers on the top left, but those could have easily been edited in there.

pibs
January 23rd, 2008, 06:07
that looked soo fake, if it was real or at least well made the person would of pressed start and opened up and showed the xbox ingame dashboard menu.

edit: might be real after reading up on it but the world may never know unless some real info is dropped on it.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 05:47
It would be cool to see it released on Wii and 360 to settle the compromise.

The Wii will most probably get Goldeneye anyway on VC since it was on the N64.