PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Back Firmware

MasterChafed
August 1st, 2005, 21:24
Well I was googleing as hard as I could yesterday to see if I could find anything on downgrading psp's firmware. What I found was something many of you probably already know but those who don't here goes. It appears Team Xecuter has developed a piece of hardware that can downgrade firmware. This info was released on July 6th.They claim that certain retailers may allow you to downgrade (if Xecuters hardware becomes A. Legal and B. comercial) but it may cost you some green. I havn't heard any news on this topic so it looks like its not going to happen. And Xecuter's not sharing secrets(if they're serious).

MasterChafed
August 1st, 2005, 21:38
What is this? PSP Firmware Version Czecher 3.0. just wondering thanks

sarla1596
August 1st, 2005, 22:17
it will most likely not go any further than it already has gone, b/c its obviously not legal, simple as that. Sony doesnt like it and retailers wont help support such a thing if the maker of the product isnt even for what team xcutor is doing

SaRlA

MasterChafed
August 1st, 2005, 22:43
Actually I did some more investigating and found that it WAS what Team Xecuter is doing. The fact is, is that it is a psp-dev tool that was developed for using different memory types(other than memory stick duo) and it was proven to be able to downgrade firmware, the only thing is, is that Xecuter is not going to release it but a similar tool in software form. The whole point was to show that firmware downgrades are possible, too bad we won't be seeing any downgrading for a few months-or maybe even never.

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 22:47
team xecuter has in fact done it... but thats not what they plan on releasing the device for. check out www.teamxecuter.com and view their archives for more info on that subject.

MasterChafed
August 1st, 2005, 23:35
I know, and it makes me a little mad. But at least the psp-dev tool was used to make memory more affordable by allowing different kinds of memory cards. And who knows maybe someone will find a way to exploit the firware using the new hardware coming out.
I can't wait for pspx even if it can't roll back firmware.

therod
August 1st, 2005, 23:43
I gave up and sold mine.
Got a brand new 1.0 on it's way.
I made a nice bit of profit in the process too :)

MasterChafed
August 2nd, 2005, 05:09
I just upgraded mine to a 2.0 I couldn't wait for a hack and realized that homebrew isn't that great for my lifestyle. Maybe if I save up enough money I will buy a 1.5 or 1.0 but I am happy with mine as it is right at the moment.

*o*
August 2nd, 2005, 07:59
what is the chance of somehacking hacking 2.00 firmware?

PSP_Newbie
August 2nd, 2005, 08:44
im say pretty good
maybe come christmas time someone will figure it out
or not, but its not impossible, and i expect that someone most definately will figure it out...eventually

*o*
August 2nd, 2005, 08:51
aaww!!! but waitings hard!!!

PSP_Newbie
August 2nd, 2005, 09:03
i know what ya mean, im not getting my psp back from sony repair for another week or two as i only jsut sent it, but already i cant wait anymore, ahh its too hard!!!! :(

CallMeSuesin
August 2nd, 2005, 14:08
i know what ya mean, im not getting my psp back from sony repair for another week or two as i only jsut sent it, but already i cant wait anymore, ahh its too hard!!!! :(

You know they're probably going to upgrade it while it's there. I took mine in last week to get repaired as a 1.5 got it back on friday as a 2.0. It's like a totally different system, rejecting all the homebrews I give him. He's just not himself.

FrozenIpaq
August 2nd, 2005, 15:37
FYI: It is impossible to rollback PSP Firmware once upgraded to a higher version. The only possible way to get back an old firmware is with a modded version of the firmware upgrade (but that seems unlikely right now)

Jdemon
August 2nd, 2005, 20:10
Well I've got a 1.5 but as I'm a file d/l junkie I also have a newsreader account. I got something the other day off of sony.psp called "PSP Downgrade" which apparently is suppose to downgrade to 1.5. I have no clue if it works or not as I've got a 1.5 and I'm certainly not going to play around since I don't need to. The nfo says "PS2-DEV PSPHacks.net PSP-Hacks.com" on the bottom so I'm assuming that's where it came from but you can never be too sure. Anyone got any clues about it?

sarla1596
August 2nd, 2005, 21:13
somewhere out someone put out a d/l w/ a similar name and it turned out to be the 2.0 update so be careful

Fly On
August 2nd, 2005, 22:52
I think the ps2dev people and the psp hacks people don't get along too well. If that's the case,its a fake. But with so many sites out there I get them confused.

Omoikane
August 3rd, 2005, 18:09
well i just downloaded a file of the same sorts this one has something about burger (maybe the author)
here is the .nfo (minus the ascii art at the top)

.WPL¦ ¦EPiC¦¦¦¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦ ¦¦¦ ¦ ¦¦¦ ¦
¦¦WlE.¦¦W0N
AverageBurgerHackers

p R o U d L y p R e S e N t S ¯¯¯¯¯¯¦¦¦______ ¯¯¯¦¦¦
___¦¦¦¦¯¯ ¦ ¦ ¯¯¦¦¦¦¦¦_
_¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦ ¦ PSP Downgrade ¦ ¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦_
_¦¦¦¦¦¦¯ ¦¦ ¦ ¦ ¦¦ ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦ ¦ REL dATE..[ 30/07/2005 ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦ iNFO.....,[ Downgrades PSP to 1.5 ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦ Hacker....[ EPiCW0N ¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦ Packer....[ BlackW0N ¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_ LaNGUaGE.,[ Multi _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ RaTING....[ 10/10
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦ PS2-DEV PSPHacks.net PSP-Hacks.com

i dont wanna try it as i have a 1.5 and dont need to yet. but if someone has any firmware other than 1.5 and wants to try it gimme a pm and ill send it to you. the size is 16,516kb. its just an eboot file....this may be risky...kinda like downloading anything off of kazaa. it maybe that 2.0 update. try at your own risk. i got this off of alt.binaries.sony.psp

indstr
August 3rd, 2005, 18:19
Well I've got a 1.5 but as I'm a file d/l junkie I also have a newsreader account. I got something the other day off of sony.psp called "PSP Downgrade" which apparently is suppose to downgrade to 1.5. I have no clue if it works or not as I've got a 1.5 and I'm certainly not going to play around since I don't need to. The nfo says "PS2-DEV PSPHacks.net PSP-Hacks.com" on the bottom so I'm assuming that's where it came from but you can never be too sure. Anyone got any clues about it?

i saw that when it was posted to newzbin, there was about 4 comments from people who said it was fake. and it's also not posted on newzbin anymore which means it probably was fake because newzbin stores their stuff for 45 days.

nsk8r04
August 14th, 2005, 10:39
can someone please send it to me...regardless if it's fake...because if it is fake then maybe then they were on to something and i can recompile it and make it work..or if it does work..well, then it works..lol btw i have a 2.00 right now...and have access to a 1.5x i think it's 1.50 but if not then it's whatever comes on psp's now...

nsk8r04
August 14th, 2005, 10:49
oh and also i forgot to add the fact that if that file is valid then it is an "update" file most likely and would be needed to put in an UPDATE folder...which is basic but i thought i'd just add...also maybe because nobody that commented on it tried it on 2.00 they assumed it didnt work.....and in the first place they may of assumed that it worked only for 1.5x...maybe that file was actually a different version specifically adjusted (in the .sfo pram's) for 2.00...please send it HERE ([email protected]) and i'll let you all know immideatly if it works...or bricks my psp...lol...or w/e it does..thanks

btw...i have reason to believe that $ony was the "someone" to pull the file off of the newsgroups(or w/e u call it..i kno what they are)

MaxaKite
August 21st, 2005, 07:02
Its not just Team Xecuter (blah whatever) that has the software, I dont want to start a leak so i'm not going to give it out. I will give you a hint though and tell you to look closely next time you start your psp and go to the home screen.

F34R
August 22nd, 2005, 00:31
Its not just Team Xecuter (blah whatever) that has the software, I dont want to start a leak so i'm not going to give it out. I will give you a hint though and tell you to look closely next time you start your psp and go to the home screen.

Both of your "First Posts" are so full of shit man.

p4ch3c0
August 22nd, 2005, 10:45
ZOMG!!!11 YUO CRAKCED TEH FERMWARES!!11 CONGRATURATON!!12
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5328/724youwintheprize0bp.jpg

Predator_1991
August 22nd, 2005, 11:48
what is there to see at the startup :S:S:S:S:S:S

Kaiser
August 22nd, 2005, 19:48
what is there to see at the startup :S:S:S:S:S:S

Tsk Tsk