PDA

View Full Version : The Good Bookr - PSP Bible Reader v1.1

wraggster
January 21st, 2008, 21:36
The Good Bookr (http://www.pspcoder.net/goodbookr/#about) is a Bible reader for the Sony PSP, based on the open source Bookr ebook reader.

Unlike other Bible releases for the PSP, The Good Bookr is a standalone compiled program, not a set of images or web pages. This is because a major goal of The Good Bookr is to provide a robust search interface which lends itself to Bible study.

The Good Bookr uses SQLite to store, search, and retrieve Bible texts. It also uses Danzeff OSK for the search interface.

Features
Load a specific book, from Genesis to Revelation.
Search by keyword, chapter, or verse.
Bookmark individual chapters and verses.
Navigate via book and chapter.
Configurable controls.
Select font face and font size.
Customize font and background colors.
Rotate the text to read vertically.
Controls
Most of the controls are configurable. These are the defaults:

Triangle - Open search menu
Square - Previous chapter
Circle - Next chapter
Left Trigger - Previous book
Right Trigger - Next book
Up/Down - Scroll one line
Left/Right - Scroll ten lines
Select - Open bookmarks/options
Start - Open main menu

Changelog
v1.1

Search by book, chapter, or verse, with support for book abbreviations.
Search history (similar to command line history.)
Option to search entire Bible (can be slow, use accordingly.)
Danzeff numeric pad modified to make searching for verses easier.
Single search result opens directly instead of opening search menu.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

telnaur
January 21st, 2008, 23:10
Thanks! good release for sure!

Tesseract
January 21st, 2008, 23:31
Oh, this is kinda nifty... any chance we can get some support for multiple Versions? I have this one Bible that has NKJV in one column and NIV in the other, and the differences between the two sometimes end up explaining things uniquely.

Might be neat to look up a verse and be able to quickly see how it's written in KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, etc. with the click of a button.

koh-kun
January 21st, 2008, 23:35
This certainly is not for me, but this is really cool in a sense that it shows how the PSP can really help you do pretty much anything – go online, listen to music, play games, stay in touch with the Almighty, etc.

lol

gymnotropic
January 22nd, 2008, 20:26
Thanks~ I've been waiting for one of these apps that isn't dependent on webpages.

Edit:
Ohh, this app is very clean. :> Good work.

sowelch
April 22nd, 2008, 16:42
Hi All:D,
I'm a n00b to the site and to the PSP. I'm trying to run this on my PSP 2000 and as it starts to load it tells me:
"The game could not be started. (80020148)".
I'd really like to have this prog on my dvice 'cause I travel a lot and it'd b cool to b able to read anywhere/anytime. Any help would be appreciated!