PDA

View Full Version : nullDC WIP news - Naomi emulation coming soon

JKKDARK
January 21st, 2008, 21:58
drkIIRaziel (http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/98918-naomi-not.html) posted information, screens and a video about the upcoming nullDC version, showing progress on the Sega Naomi emulation.

Info:

I was messing today with some old Naomi emulation code and after fixing some stuff on the dynarec/PowerVR plugin I got the naomi bios running.

http://www.youtube.com/v/X95Jsmjvl_E

UPDATE:

<update #4>
It seems that the naomi 2 bios just wanted some DIMM emulation to get to the error screen.

NOTE: NAOMI1 or NAOMI2 GDROMS are STILL FAR AWAY FROM RUNNING.Dont get too excited.

<update #5>
Fixed some bugs here and there and got vs2_2ka intro working with sound.

Keitaro Urashima
January 22nd, 2008, 11:43
They emulate CPS3 & now, Naomi is next to emulate. I hope, they released it soon.^^

ron
January 22nd, 2008, 22:21
Garrofi had a release of Chankast wich emulates very good Naomi. I still have alpha releases for testing that makes naomi's rom to boot.

I was clear from the beginning that a Dreamcast great emulator could be able to emulate naomi as well.

It's a very nice new, Brilliant !

nate9999
January 24th, 2008, 16:42
Dumb question here, what is naomi exactly? Is it different than standard dreamcast games? If so, where would i buy a Naomi game? All i have been able to gather from googling is that naomi is some kind of arcade system, but does anyone seriously own enough of those huge arcade games to warrant emulating the games?

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 17:26
Naomi is an arcade board by Sega. The hardware specs are very similar to the Dreamcast.

Bobablob
January 24th, 2008, 17:27
The people who stand to benefit from NAOMI emulation are those who do NOT own the arcade systems. That said, there are a number of amazing NAOMI games, including Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and the Capcom vs. SNK series.

surfstussy
January 25th, 2008, 16:13
Does this mean that a conversion of the Naomi Star wars is now possible and could be played on the Dreamcast. This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast in the first place as it was rumored at release that a conversion would be made.

If this was possible it would be amazing and worth all this time keeping the faith. I even have a treamcast.

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2008, 16:41
Does this mean that a conversion of the Naomi Star wars is now possible and could be played on the Dreamcast. This was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast in the first place as it was rumored at release that a conversion would be made.

If this was possible it would be amazing and worth all this time keeping the faith. I even have a treamcast.

No, but you will run the Naomi game file on the emulator. Not on the Dreamcast console.

surfstussy
January 26th, 2008, 13:26
Just to clarify, does that mean that you could play star wars on the dreamcast emulator.

Thanks

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2008, 17:16
Just to clarify, does that mean that you could play star wars on the dreamcast emulator.

Thanks

yes

Hawq
January 27th, 2008, 14:48
Heh this comment from kotaku's look at it made me chuckle a bit

Hopefully I can play Time Crisis on PC
Someone's getting a bit muddled methinks

nate9999
January 28th, 2008, 15:23
The people who stand to benefit from NAOMI emulation are those who do NOT own the arcade systems. That said, there are a number of amazing NAOMI games, including Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and the Capcom vs. SNK series.

How do I go about getting games outside of owning the arcade unit, or piracy? There are a couple out there that would be super fun, but all i can find on the net is most likelly illegal to just download, no? Or are Naomi systems legal to download games for since you cant really buy them? Thanks

JKKDARK
January 28th, 2008, 15:41
You can buy them, check eBay

clarf
January 28th, 2008, 15:49
NullDC 1.6 have a fix that i didnīt see before in any other DC emu. Now i can play alone in the dark 4 - The new nightmare and see the videos between scenes.:)

Althought there are some games that not run like Prince of Persia or NFL2k2. This emu is very fast in my machine is faster than chankast .25 and have less graphics bugs....

Good work and go on NullDC developers.:thumbup:

JKKDARK
January 28th, 2008, 16:00
NFL2k2 is a WinCE game, that's why it doesn't work

JKKDARK
January 29th, 2008, 23:01
UPDATE:

<update #4>
It seems that the naomi 2 bios just wanted some DIMM emulation to get to the error screen.

NOTE: NAOMI1 or NAOMI2 GDROMS are STILL FAR AWAY FROM RUNNING.Dont get too excited.

http://emudev.com/drkIIRaziel/uploads/ndc_n2_oO.PNG

<update #5>
Fixed some bugs here and there and got vs2_2ka intro working with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TZE1o7yLlgY

clarf
February 4th, 2008, 19:59
NFL2k2 is a WinCE game, that's why it doesn't work

Any plan to implement support for NFL2k2?. I would have same problems with NBA 2k or other EA 2k games?

I really like NFL could i use NFL2k1 or NFL2k, thank you for the reply...

Cast128dreams
February 9th, 2008, 12:03
Hmmm i want to clear something.
Is that port for the Dreamcast or for PC?
Naomi is very similar to Dreamcast.Is that possible?

fackue
February 9th, 2008, 12:12
It's for Windows, not the Dreamcast.

Seven7
February 9th, 2008, 18:17
So, if im reading this right, then this so far supports the rom cart games only?

If so, thats cool, as the one game I whould really kill for from naomi is a rom-cart game anywho.

At any rate, this is looking very good. I'll be looking foward to some great things from this.