PDA

View Full Version : "Windows Emulation and Homebrew Discussion Forum" (TO THE ADMINS)

JKKDARK
January 22nd, 2008, 06:23
Windows Emulation and Homebrew Discussion Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=288)

Why "Windows"? I think it should be changed to "PC", so people running homebrew stuff on their Mac or Linux computers can discuss there.

Also what happened with all the posts from "PC Emulation Forum" and "PC Homebrew Forum"? Why they were deleted?

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 12:21
Nope, it should remain Windows...

...But maybe there should also be a sub section for Mac and Linux.

Axelius
January 22nd, 2008, 13:47
Well, although most people use windows I agree with JKKDARK. It should be changed to PC.

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 14:26
Well, although most people use windows I agree with JKKDARK. It should be changed to PC.

A Mac strangely enough isn't a PC! :rolleyes:

Axelius
January 22nd, 2008, 15:56
Uh yes, you're right...Just forgot that...

Hey, I just looked it up at Wikipedia: "Macintosh, or for newer models, Mac, is a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc."

Personal Computer=PC ;)

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 16:03
Uh yes, you're right...Just forgot that...

Hey, I just looked it up at Wikipedia: "Macintosh, or for newer models, Mac, is a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc."

Personal Computer=PC ;)

Apple doesn't think so though. :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/373924286_cd119f8fc5.jpg

JKKDARK
January 22nd, 2008, 16:05
A Mac strangely enough isn't a PC! :rolleyes:

As Axelius said, PC means Personal Computer. Mac is a personal computer.

Since the PC homebrew scene is not active here, we shouldn't have separate sections for Linux, Mac, Windows, etc. Everything on the same section would be the best option.

Axelius
January 22nd, 2008, 17:24
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/373924286_cd119f8fc5.jpg

Yeah I had that in mind when I wrote

Uh yes, you're right...

But in fact a Mac is just exactly what personal computer stands for. It is a computer that can be used by any individual not just by big companies that can buy supercomputers.

Or how would you explain the word "Mac"?

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 17:41
Or how would you explain the word "Mac"?

I wouln't know, but an explanation of Mac can do more than a "PC" comes to mind. :)

JKKDARK
January 22nd, 2008, 17:51
I wouln't know, but an explanation of Mac can do more than a "PC" comes to mind. :)

Enjoy reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 18:07
Enjoy reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer

Apple don't class Mac as a PC, and Mac users don't class their Mac's as PC's...

...Don't ask me why, because I don't know, maybe because Apple and Microsoft are rival companies and Apple want to be different and not call their machines PC's, who knows?

JKKDARK
January 22nd, 2008, 18:15
Apple don't class Mac as a PC, and Mac users don't class their Mac's as PC's...
So if a black person says "No, I don't class as a black person", you will believe this person is not black? Even if he has all the characteristics from a black person?

VampDude
January 22nd, 2008, 18:20
So if a black person says "No, I don't class as a black person", you will believe this person is not black? Even if he has all the characteristics from a black person?

What would've made more sense if you said a white person who has all the characteristics of a black person...

...Because there are plenty of those, I was told some time ago here that they are called "Wiggers" (W replaces the N of a forbidden word).

Shrygue
January 22nd, 2008, 18:51
PC is a Personal Computer and it can be a Windows or Macintosh bashed system. Whichever one is chosen, they're still a PC. It's just that when PC is mentioned, it's automatically assumed as a Windows machine. When a Mac is mentioned.... well no one seems to think it's a PC whe it is one. If it's not one, that what is it called then?

Just my 2 pence on this.

As for the forums, well you'll just have to wait and see what the admins say on the idea.

Kaiser
January 24th, 2008, 20:07
I'm still cleaning up that area just give me awhile and a Mac/Linux section will be opened under this.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=226

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 20:20
Ok, thank you for the answer.

Eviltaco64
January 24th, 2008, 23:36
How about IBM Compatible?

bah
January 25th, 2008, 04:30
Wintel.

Linux runs on the exact same hardware as windows so IBM compatible doesnt mean exclusively windows.
x86 could mean mac windows linux....

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2008, 21:04
this bot newsposter called 1emulation.com is useless. It just copies all the news from 1Emulation and post them on the discussion section (no even in the news section).
Plus I post all the emulator updates before this bot.

VampDude
January 26th, 2008, 23:52
this bot newsposter called 1emulation.com is useless. It just copies all the news from 1Emulation and post them on the discussion section (no even in the news section).
Plus I post all the emulator updates before this bot.

What bot, and where?

JKKDARK
January 27th, 2008, 02:00
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=288

bah
January 27th, 2008, 04:53
Just one of the many worthless mass-spamming bots that seem to be designed to slowly destroy DCEmu by drowing out actual posts with spam noone wants.

Theres:
dsfanboy11
ps3fanboy11
wiifanboy
360fanboy11
Engadget
slashdot11
1emulation.com
indygaming

And probably others I'm forgetting. Their threads are the ones with 0-1 comments and next to no views.

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 05:00
Just one of the many worthless mass-spamming bots that seem to be designed to slowly destroy DCEmu by drowing out actual posts with spam noone wants.

Theres:
dsfanboy11
ps3fanboy11
wiifanboy
360fanboy11
Engadget
slashdot11
1emulation.com
indygaming

And probably others I'm forgetting. Their threads are the ones with 0-1 comments and next to no views.

Agreed.

Sometimes there's entire pages of nothing but Wiifanboy threads.

Even though I only recently joined DCEmu, I've been using the site to see the current HOMEBREW updates for awhile, not to see that Smash Bros Brawl got delayed for the 4th time.

the_eternal_dark
January 27th, 2008, 07:34
Lol, I think we should spam their sites...

bah
January 27th, 2008, 08:21
Wraggs set up the bots to post/spam RSS feed 'news' automatically, It's not the other sites fault.

Its really sad that Wraggs and the staff have chosen to keep them even though they do nothing but harm the sites rep and piss off users. :(

They haven't even separated the bot posts from forums members actually want to use. At the very least the bot posts should be confined to their own forum and posts in that section should not appear in the 'new posts' feature IMO.

quzar
January 28th, 2008, 09:20
We'll take it all under advisement.