PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Mod for Iris Alpha 1

PSPdemon
April 3rd, 2006, 04:02
Hi,

I know stewie is going to get mad at me for this but... i am not going to be on the comp for a while and thought that it would be nice to atleast give the public a alpha :D

So, here it is... the First release of Star Wars mod for Iris...

Known Bugs.

-the map does tend to "chug" on certain areas of the map
-somtimes the character skins decide to go haywire and look messed up.

Wanting to add in the next version.

-more maps
-more choices between characters

Hopefully, we will be able to make map packs and model packs at a later date :)

Thanks to Stewie2280 and $n!pR for helping me get the screenshots of the places so i could make that map :D

Please do report any bugs you may come across and give us some ideas about what you would like to see.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

--edit by psmonkey--
sticky sticky

DPyro
April 3rd, 2006, 04:02
Good work PSPdemon :)

spiderjames
April 3rd, 2006, 04:12
sweet, downloading now

Zeemon
April 3rd, 2006, 04:14
4 Words:

Sweet! Thankyou! Great job!

Edit: will this delete the other Iris content?

2nd Edit: hehe-- these charactors are sweet! The droidica actually roles..yeah!

stotheamuel
April 3rd, 2006, 04:26
2 posts?

good job!!

DPyro
April 3rd, 2006, 04:59
Check out the 'easteregg'. :D

PSmonkey
April 3rd, 2006, 05:08
Great job guys. keep up the good work.

stotheamuel
April 3rd, 2006, 05:15
yeah i saw that easteregg...... im jealous %n!pR!

but of coarse i have no reson to be on there :p

Produkt
April 3rd, 2006, 05:44
Its quite nice

good job fellas

jairolas
April 3rd, 2006, 05:55
nice job lol

Produkt
April 3rd, 2006, 06:02
I'm gonna get you fellas some replacement textures for those quake 3 ones... we cant have you distributing copyrighted material

DPyro
April 3rd, 2006, 06:15
Uh..Sure ya can! LoL. Well seeing as the textures it comes with are freely available in the demo q3 I don't see a problem. :)

wraggster
April 3rd, 2006, 06:17
anyone got any screenshots of this baby in action

DPyro
April 3rd, 2006, 06:43
Ok here ya go, I took a video with my Digital Camera (sorry only 15 second clip). File is also a lil big. :)

stotheamuel
April 3rd, 2006, 06:44
ahh i was trying to figure how to put a pic in
you beat me to it

did u include the easter egg? lol

nightmare666
April 3rd, 2006, 06:46
hey you guys no if i am able to just load up the characters and stuff in my existing iris or to i have to rplacce it
by the way nice work

stotheamuel
April 3rd, 2006, 06:48
nope you dont have to replace it

PSPdemon
April 5th, 2006, 04:48
will post them asap... check back in a few :D

( Note: this map is just with one texture and not the finished product... just wantin to show you what up for a map pack :D )

Edit: i do have some good news... it runs about 2x as fast than the old one...but we will see when i add all the textures

Edit 2: i know they are dark... but when i get the textures done a little bit ill update these screens so you can see a little more detail in the map. :D

Zeemon
April 5th, 2006, 05:03
Sweet! I'm really excited for another map. Is this a real Star Wars place, or just something you made up?

PSPdemon
April 5th, 2006, 05:11
somthing i made up.... was trying to go for that one place ( forgot the name of it.... its on the tip of my tongue.... ) without going to close to it... kinda like the last map

the next map when i am done is the "Snow Base" map... i do have to say this

"ATST is a go.... but requires me to make a different mod with different maps"... becuase if you were to put the atst inside these maps, it would look a litle unpoportionate..... so if there is a demand for it, i will make a second mod to go along with this one :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

stotheamuel
April 5th, 2006, 05:19
looks familiar
you should make the trash compactor in a map yay (for some reason i like that scene... ahhh messed up childhood...sigh)

oh and the "snow base" map is it gunna be a lot bigger than the maps that have been out :D

nightmare666
April 5th, 2006, 05:46
hey i been wanting to make a mapp to see if you guys will like to have but i need do know if ther could only be one floor or can there be more.

PSPdemon
April 6th, 2006, 00:30
(still a work in progress...)

Zeemon
April 6th, 2006, 00:35
Hehe--- even sweeter! Keep it up, thanks for the update!

pspvanquish
April 6th, 2006, 01:41
very nice job. this is just an idea and its probably a stupid one but how bout a LOTR mod. idk if its even possible but still its sounds fun!

PSPdemon
April 6th, 2006, 01:51
I take all ideas on a mod... ussually the ones that get requested the most i make :)

anyway, hopefully i will get the map pack of Up_High and a players pack on tommorow. (maybe tonight if i can finish a little bit of tweaking :D )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Zeemon
April 6th, 2006, 02:09
Players? Are there new players? I thought you were already done making players for this mod....Are you talking about just including the old ones or what?

Either way...I'm looking foreward to it!

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 02:25
Seams cool... only problem is i had alot of errors.. the lightsabers were black... and... i didnt like hte controls... but seams cool :D

nightmare666
April 6th, 2006, 20:11
i made a map and when play in the psp it looks like alot of empty spaces on the map any idea what it is pspdemon or prodkt

ps. you cant even see were to go , but it works

DPyro
April 6th, 2006, 20:29
You need to use Q3radiant to compile, and make the walls for the rooms by hand instead of one big room.

nightmare666
April 6th, 2006, 23:32
what to you mean sniper
i made each wall individually including the roof and floor
plus i compile it in gtkradiant , prodkt said it work too in his tutorial
to compile you go to build and then choose what

PSPtwister
April 8th, 2006, 02:10
yay! star wars

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 03:30
Maps MUST be built in Q3Radiant.

Produkt
April 8th, 2006, 03:55
Yes, unless you know how to rig up a Q3Map compiler into the later versions of radiant, you cant compile with the new ones, there is a lot of extra data that is being added to the bsp file, most of this isnt needed for Iris, the lightmaps would render at a resolution that would kill framerates... the quality difference is hardly noticable on the psp.

nightmare666
April 8th, 2006, 05:54
ok i got the q3radiant now but when i compress my map it gives me a document with a bak directory not an bsp . so what to i do.any ideas whomever knows

ps:pspdemon i send waiting for your response at hotmail

DPyro
April 8th, 2006, 16:00
You should also install GtkRadiant 1.4.0 (you might wanna check to see if Q3radiant gives you an error message).

Produkt
April 8th, 2006, 18:10
One HUGELY important factor with all forms of a BSP, all entities must be enclosed in the enviroment, usualy beginner mappers wont make anything extrodinary any time soon.

I'll try to make a video tutorial or get a really good one for you guys so you will understand

nightmare666
April 8th, 2006, 21:53
i do got both gtk and q3
gtk gives me a bsp but a bad one
and q3 gives me a bak not and bsp
whats enties

PSPdemon
April 8th, 2006, 23:16
ok i got the q3radiant now but when i compress my map it gives me a document with a bak directory not an bsp . so what to i do.any ideas whomever knows

psspdemon i send waiting for your response at hotmail

nightmare666, i was wondering about that thing you are wanting to do... i would like to help you make it... but i havent heard from you or seen you online, so tell me where i can reach you and i will try my best to help you out...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

deanaw22
April 10th, 2006, 09:42
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone knows if the star wars iris mod works on 2.6 firmware ?

If it does could someone send me a tutorial on how to get it working because i want to play this game soo much, my email is *********

NVM: ive sorted it, i was getting confused withe the diffarent folders :P

Email removed for privacy ;)

r2works
April 10th, 2006, 21:42
noobish help please

I REALLY want to play this but cant seem to get it to work. When it loads up it says no characters or maps founds. Where do I put the folders?

thanks in advance!

nightmare666
April 12th, 2006, 20:35
r2works:
you put the maps and characters in your iris folder in the root of your memory stick
same place where your psp folder is at
your textures must also be puten there in the iris folder

-{PhoeniX}-
April 12th, 2006, 23:55
Like the work, animations and characters look ace! keep up good work! good maps too

r2works look at 'Read Me' file in the download :)
it should say this:
1) Copy the "Iris" Folder to the root of the memory stick.
..) Example "G:\" (replace G: with your psp drive letter)
2) Copy the "GAME" folder in the "PSP X.X" to your "memstick:/PSP/" folder
..) X.X = your psp version (1.5 or 1.0).
..) Note, This game should work on 2.0 psp units. use the 1.5 verison.
3) Run Iris & Enjoy :)

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 00:43
man this mod is like sex its so good
LOL

-{PhoeniX}-
April 14th, 2006, 22:50
lol, yea cant wait untill more maps + skins are released!
WooOOoo

Gray Fox
April 19th, 2006, 14:25
When I play iris star wars mod on PSP 2.60 Ebock eloader and i load the game. SOMETIMES not allwayst but a little to often the textures are messed up on the models (Nearly allways Boba and Solo and not so often Droideka) the models are all in diff colours, red gray orange black white and other colours. At first i thought it was supposed to be like this with those two models but when i played some days ago as a droid the ai was boba and then the textures werent messed up and he looked just like hes supposed to and same with Solo. So how can i get the modeltextures to look like they should all the time and not just once in a while :confused:

JamesBondOO7
April 19th, 2006, 17:25
its always one map for me its leia's flagship map(the one with white walls) that character textures dont load every other map like up high and the maps from original iris load the characters textures up no problem

PSPdemon
April 19th, 2006, 23:57
yeah...true, but i have only started into mapping....so my first maps will be slow, but once i get better at mapping, i can solve the problems and make the maps better and maybe bigger :)

i also know about that bug and i cant seem to figure out what is causing that problem... i will see about having some help in that...:D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
April 29th, 2006, 03:32
hi,

this is my last update on starwars iris mod.....

i am no longer working on this mod, because of some issues i have with stewie... i am pretty sure that stewie doesnt need me for this anymore...he can do everything else from here.

stewie, if you have any problems with this..... contact me whenever....

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Gray Fox
April 29th, 2006, 20:21
What? No more star wars mod updates? Or are you stopping working on it and let Stewie do it alone?

stotheamuel
April 29th, 2006, 20:21
thats not cool :(

don't fight

DPyro
April 29th, 2006, 23:42
Stewies on his own....btw next time give some credit to those that helped out ;)

PSPdemon
April 30th, 2006, 01:43
Its all about ethics....he might give credit to me...but all the other creators of the models need to be credited...

he might say that he has the authors names in the readme....but as for post like "I made the models myself"... that could lead to people thinking that you made the models when in accuality, you have made the skins compatible

some people dont read readme's and then spread about that you created glorious characters...and thats where bad things could happen.

see i wouldnt have a problem of this... but i have constantly said that he needs to give credit to them and not say that you have literaly made the model, and that he needs to edit his post on that... but he doesnt listen too me... i know i am a mod, i am 16 and he is about the same age as me, he should know the responsibility of this... he needs to know when to listen and i hope he learns... i hate to be mean, but i dont like when people do stuff like this...

if he fix's these problems...i might decide to go back and help him out... but if not, then i will not continue... i really liked this project and was hoping to continue to work with stewie for more release's on starwars... it really makes me said :(

i dont wont this to turn into a fight... so i will leave it at that.

i have the best of wishes to all... and hope that stewie fix's these things soon :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

erdem
May 11th, 2006, 15:58
good job psp demon

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 22:54
well yea cause i know that if i could make models i would like credit and im sure you do to

Stewie2280
March 25th, 2007, 07:49
lol i been away for a long time good to see u continuing it Demon, lol and im pretty sure i put the original names of the authors from the models i converted ;) lol but thats in the pack i released earlier...i think 99% sure lol...also sad its stopped.

jackerz_jack
September 23rd, 2007, 14:34
i dont wat im doing can someone help