PDA

View Full Version : slim extended battery?

Fennel
April 3rd, 2014, 08:26
I don’t trust slim extended battery because they usually fail to get more capacity into a battery. If you don't increase the size of the battery, the battery life won’t have obvious increase. I love the extended battery off mpj on my last Nexus S and really hope there will be more power on my next Galaxy S5. Do you believe slim extended battery?

Shrygue
April 6th, 2014, 15:57
It can be believable to a certain degree. For example the official PSP Extended Life Battery has a capacity off 2200mah compared to the normal 1800mah for PSP 1000 series with the same dimensions of said model. Of course if a battery claimed to have say 3600mah of the same size as the 1800mah/2200mah battery then that's a big fake. Whatever the case, watch out for fakes whether it's normal or extended as those may have less capacity than advertised. I posted a news article about such a case, right here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threads/170756). Note the pictures are sadly missing as the site that hosted them went down ages back. -_-

shadowprophet
April 6th, 2014, 17:08
Oh yeah. The physical size of a battery is simply the sum of it's parts. Look at the batteries a yacht runs off of, hell I don't know I could go into this long thing explaining how a battery works and it's components But we all already know that. The problem isn't technology though. It's safty and desposability. They can make batteries that would last for years But the stuff they would have to put in them would be dangerous possibly leathel . I could go on and on But I don't want to bore you guys.

Sent from my LG-AS730 using Tapatalk 2

Opit
April 22nd, 2014, 05:19
You got what you paid for.
Basically, I never trust any backup battery without brand name.