PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the DCEmu Annual Awards Forum? + JUNK forum situation

JKKDARK
January 23rd, 2008, 15:18
Read title

:confused:

quzar
January 23rd, 2008, 16:56
It's with Junk.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 09:32
It's with Junk.

Which is now gone completely! :D

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 12:58
Which is now gone completely! :D

DCEmu admins don't have hearts :(

quzar
January 24th, 2008, 13:04
DCEmu admins don't have hearts :(

Senior staff have hearts, but we do eat puppies.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 13:12
Senior staff have hearts, but we do eat puppies.

And kittens! :D

bah
January 24th, 2008, 13:12
Spam bots have no hearts, yet even they have their own forums. Not that they are restricted to them.

They slowly eat away at the mean and soon will own the mode of threads here at DCEmu.

Kill the bots, bring back whatever jkkdark wants. Even the junk forum had unique entertainment value that the bots lack.

Triv1um
January 24th, 2008, 14:48
Spam bots have no hearts, yet even they have their own forums. Not that they are restricted to them.

They slowly eat away at the mean and soon will own the mode of threads here at DCEmu.

Kill the bots, bring back whatever jkkdark wants. Even the junk forum had unique entertainment value that the bots lack.

Touchè. They allow news bots, advertisement bots (playasia in the sales forum), yet they wont allow a section that does not add to post count and is fun to the users. Something is mixed up if you ask me.

ExcruciationX
January 24th, 2008, 16:51

Good point.

I know JUNK will come back, but not in the form you'd expect it to. ;)

dejkirkby
January 24th, 2008, 19:03

I'm with you on this bah, but do you ever feel you are pissing into the wind?

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 19:38
Good point.

I know JUNK will come back, but not in the form you'd expect it to. ;)

JUNK will never come back, if you want a JUNK section I would suggest that you use your profile thing and talk JUNK there via a blog and other peoples blogs.

souLLy
January 24th, 2008, 20:01
JUNK will never come back, if you want a JUNK section I would suggest that you use your profile thing and talk JUNK there via a blog and other peoples blogs.

That's basically the way staff are seeing things, your profiles you can go wild with, while the forums stay relatively clean of junk. It's a good compromise I think.

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 20:24
That's basically the way staff are seeing things, your profiles you can go wild with, while the forums stay relatively clean of junk. It's a good compromise I think.

Define Junk.

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 20:24

It makes sense what the profile options are there for without any explanation, but still some people don't get it.

I reckon that if a user put their mind to it they could create something of a network between their profiles and other peoples profiles and leave comments as what they would do in the forums with replies to posts.

Kaiser
January 24th, 2008, 20:30
Well you can post discussions to your profile now too. The options in the new profiles are impressive and your free to JUNK those up.

:)

bullhead
January 24th, 2008, 20:34
Junk was a sort of public social hangout spot used by regular posting DCEMU members who wanted to publicise their subjectively high esteemed wit and charm in order compete against the masses of DCEMU in a fruitless, secret, hunched over the keyboard type of rabbling chaos.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed it, and with only a minute hint of shame.

bullhead

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 20:35
Well you can post discussions to your profile now too. The options in the new profiles are impressive and your free to JUNK those up.

:)

We already knew about it. But it just doesn't work as the Junk forum did. We are not inspired with these new functions.

Sonicboy 101
January 24th, 2008, 20:37
JKK just won't be happy without teh JUNK back. :p

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 20:53
Junk was a sort of public social hangout spot used by regular posting DCEMU members who wanted to publicise their subjectively high esteemed wit and charm in order compete against the masses of DCEMU in a fruitless, secret, hunched over the keyboard type of rabbling chaos.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed it, and with only a minute hint of shame.

bullhead

That's what the profiles have now replaced, but enabled users to do the same but in a different manner. :)

bah
January 25th, 2008, 04:25
Posting about the fact they are seen as a negative by all and should be removed requires less effort than wading through all their mass spam to find real posts which I do on each visit, so I can live with the sprayback.

Perhaps if everyone was as vocal the point would be made more strongly. Ahh well.

quzar
January 25th, 2008, 06:57
Junk is gone and is never coming back. It hasn't been outright deleted, so it may be availible at some later time for archival purposes.

The latter is true also for the DCEmu Annual Awards Forum. We didn't do awards this past year, but if we end up deciding to ever do it again, the old ones will be back.

The end.