PDA

View Full Version : Hub For Programmers, Artists, Musicians, & Writers

MetaFox
August 2nd, 2005, 20:38
After reading the great comments in this topic (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68818) about strengthening the development side of the Dreamcast community, I wrote a few php scripts to facilitate some of the ideas, and set it up on Dream On.

The Developer's Hub is intended for anyone interested in Dreamcast development. This includes programmers, artists, musicians, and writers. At the moment, there is an automated system for placing help wanted ads for people with the skills to hook up with people looking for people with those skills to get projects done.

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/Main/DevelopersHub

There is also a developer's reflections section, where people who worked on a project can write about their experiences regarding that project.

Please let me know your thoughts about this idea, as well as any way that it could be improved.

TyBO
August 2nd, 2005, 22:58
It looks great. Now I can help out the DC Scene. I can write some simple melodies if anyone needs music for a project. :)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
August 2nd, 2005, 23:17
This - of course - is a great idea. Now, i guess there are *cough* dozens of people visiting the dcemu-forum, reading about this possibility of contributing to the devolpment of present or future dc projects. So, in my eyes, i think it would be smart to build an 'i am willing to do graphic/music/*cough again* betatesting/whatever' option. you know, where people even could be able to leave 2 or 3 pictures or *3rd cough in row* midi-files to demonstrate their potential. those files are laughable small (and in the case of midifiles: sounding awkard), so traffic shouldn't be a problem. it's just a thing for people like me: i sure can't code (learned some basic back in the 80's though), can't draw, but hell, i'm surely able to do some catchy 80's jump-and-run&arcade tune. and since i am so willing contributing something to a scene i truly think to be awesome, i'd like to have the option to say: here i am, i you need a tiny, cheesy melody... don't look further. ... meaning: look, there are 6 other dc-fans adverstising exactly the same, check us out.
perhaps your new page would go stronger with such a feature.

Edit: Hah, just look at TyBo and me... great, that's the spirit. DC's so alive, there's even competition on the market. Wow!

curt_grymala
August 3rd, 2005, 12:00
So, in my eyes, i think it would be smart to build an 'i am willing to do graphic/music/*cough again* betatesting/whatever' option.

Not a bad idea. We would just have to be careful not to let it get abused, as everyone and their mother would gladly run over and say "I will beta-test".

WHurricane16
August 6th, 2005, 05:07
The year is 3905 according to a script error on your main page. Brb, I have to go get my flying car out of the shop :)

Good idea, Fox. ;)