PDA

View Full Version : Free game for Xbox Live downtime? Xbox Live crashes

wraggster
January 23rd, 2008, 20:13
Today was supposed to be the day that Microsoft released the free download of the Xbox Live Arcade original Undertow to make up for those days of system downtime and instability Xbox Live users suffered through over the holidays. Which makes today the perfect time for the system to come crashing to its knees again.

When many gamers tried to retrieve Undertow this morning, they got a message telling them the system "can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later." The message also helpfully points out that this is a status code: 8015000a.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/01/23/free-game-for-xbox-live-downtime-xbox-live-crashes

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 05:39
Microsoft seem to be messing up quite a bit with Live lately, will I be able to get the FREE game when I join up to Live? Or is it for existing members?

pibs
January 24th, 2008, 05:51
If you sign up for a silver account right now you might be able to get it. Its an alright game, you are a scuba diver who shoots things lol the cut scenes are pretty cool.

Shadowblind
January 24th, 2008, 06:08
Undertow...its not that bad. Playing with 16 people sure was a blast for free :)

beetroot bertie
January 24th, 2008, 13:08
It will only be available for free for a short while, until 27th Jan so get it while you can.

sappo
January 24th, 2008, 13:08
Is this for US only? Or Euro gamers can get it also?

beetroot bertie
January 24th, 2008, 14:43
It's worldwide I believe. The game (undertow) is on the marketplace now for free or you can get to it via the 1st news page of Inside Xbox newsletter that the you get on the dashboard (the one by Acey Bongos or whatever his name is).

Shrygue
January 24th, 2008, 17:09
The Xbox Live service crashed on users that wanted to get the Undertow game. That must be seriously ****taking, after all the problems it's been having for the past month or so. Let's all hope the service gets fixed soon.