PDA

View Full Version : PSPIRC: IRC Client for PSP v1.1.2 (keyboard fix)

zx-81
January 23rd, 2008, 21:45
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspirc-snap-v110.jpg

Hi All,

PSPIRC is a basic IRC client for the PSP.

* What's new in this version ? *

- No more lag/issue with IR keyboard !
- /notice message are now properly displayed
- Add /clear command

* Credits and license : *

It is mainly based on the IRC engine written by Danzel, and the user interface i wrote for PSPSSH.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker.

Thanks to Snaap06 and KookBott for their work on previous eboot icons and graphics.

Big thanks to Delight1 for her graphics, help, support, ideas, comments, beta testing, and for her good mood and kindness.

This software is distributed under GNU V2 License, see GPLV2.txt file for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.71-m33, and for the IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

* Download : *

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bah
January 24th, 2008, 06:03
Thankyou ZX, I don't have an IR keyboard but always like to stay up to date with the latest version. :)

AshTR
March 19th, 2008, 10:41
Been using this for a while. Awesome app and works great but I have two problems with it. Figured I'd mention em somewhere so it's out there and see if there's any easy fix.

1. The Danzeff keyboard is so terribly slow and clunky when typing into PSPIRC that it makes it a little hard to use for me. Is there a way I can make this faster instead of buying an IR keyboard? (Overclocking to 333 MHz does nothing and I can't afford an IR keyboard right now.)

2. To reconnect to the IRC network I'm on, I have to restart the program and it takes a while to get back on because I have to load the application all over again. (I accidentally bump the Wi-Fi switch sometimes or it just times out.) Is there something I can use so it will reconnect to the Wi-Fi network instead of restarting the whole application?

zx-81
March 19th, 2008, 12:42
Hi AshTR,

Thanks for your feedback, i will have a look on those issues.

gunntims0103
March 30th, 2008, 16:07
How did this slip by me i didn't even know there was an application like this. #dcemu here i come :D

AshTR
April 12th, 2008, 22:22
Question about this release...How optimized is it for the PSP? (Like...Was the code designed to use the PSP's memory and processor as best as possible without needing to be overclocked?)

Because I don't understand why the Danzeff input on this is so slow while on everything else it's pretty speedy. I tried turning off the IR keyboard functionality to see if that would speed it up but it doesn't. :confused:

Also, my second question is...Have you actually tried this release yourself without using the IR keyboard and using the Danzeff input? Might show you exactly what I'm talking about. :p

My final thoughts...PSPIRC is a great piece of homebrew. A few kinks here in there but it's the homebrew I'm using the absolute most and love it for what it does correctly. (Sorry if I'm a little pushy. I just can't stand the whole slow thing.)

zx-81
April 12th, 2008, 22:58
try previous version, it works better.

AshTR
April 12th, 2008, 23:02
try previous version, it works better.

But it doesn't have /clear...Meh. Oh well. I'll try it.

EDIT: Definitely much better. Maybe I can work on learning how to code soon and work on adding the functions of this to the old version without the slowdown of the IR keyboard fix from the newer one.

zx-81
April 12th, 2008, 23:10
Try this one :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspirc/pspirc-v1.1.4-fw3x.zip

AshTR
April 12th, 2008, 23:17
Try this one :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/psp/pspirc/pspirc-v1.1.4-fw3x.zip

Whoa. Where did that come from? :eek:

Trying it right now. I'll edit my post with the results.

EDIT: Works great! Thanks. :thumbup:

zx-81
April 12th, 2008, 23:51
Whoa. Where did that come from? :eek:

I've just released it right now for you ;)

AshTR
April 13th, 2008, 01:03
I've just released it right now for you ;)

Hahahahaha. Cool! Thanks so much! :D Keep up the awesome homebrew work on your stuff!