PDA

View Full Version : DS2Win Fusion v0.81a

wraggster
January 23rd, 2008, 22:14
News/release from MonkeyZ: (http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25633)

DS2Win Fusion is a program designed to allow you to do ALL the things you could do with your PC, harnessing the
wireless capabilities and touch screen for maximum usability. Play movies, games and browse the net, check emails,
the sky is the limit! All you need is a windows PC and a wireless router or card.

This is an customized build of the Win2DS client and server, both the client and server have been enhanced
to provide new features, higher speed and service quality.

Note: This release will probably need to be DLDI patched before using (unless you have a R4DS like me and its done automatically)

Changelog:
----------

0.81a "the oracle"
server - completely rewrote server in Delphi and it is now perfectly stable, i think! =)
server - implemented CRC checking for better detection of duplicate screens
server - cursor no longer flickers when capture transparent pixels is enabled
server - all options can now be configured without restarting the server
server - JPEG quality is now configurable for zoomed and fullscreen views
server - JPEGs are no longer saved to disk before sending to DS which should speed up things a lot
server - extra quality setting added for mid-range CPUs
server - movie player beta (no sound, only works with fairly standard AVI files)
server - added option to run on windows startup
client - FAT support added (DLDI patching now required) only IP address is saved for now
client - disabled screen updates while lid is closed to save battery power

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

JahnBodah
January 24th, 2008, 01:13
This thing works great, the only problem I have is that if you try to configure the server via ds, it crashes.

Ive checked email and everything.

works great wont use anything else.

masterchief929
January 24th, 2008, 02:33
all i get is a black screen :( i even patched it

Junixx
January 24th, 2008, 05:00
Aw, doesn't work for me either, using a SuperCard SD. I would try it on my ol' GBAMP but I am loaning it to someone right now....

mr game porter
January 24th, 2008, 14:54
Holy Shit?!?! Omg This Is Great!!!!

iofthestorm
January 25th, 2008, 02:09
Wow nice update, movie player too. If it played divx that would be amazing. Could you make it be able to control media players like foobar or winamp? I think there was one a long time ago for winamp but I use foobar2k, unfortunately. I know there must be some sort of common protocol, because my keyboard has a play/pause button which works in any media player as long as it has focus. I'll check this out once I finish this level in FFXII:RW, sounds great though.

wiggy fuzz
January 25th, 2008, 08:18
the description sounds too good to be true...

fast3kgt
January 25th, 2008, 16:46
This app just keeps getting better and better! I installed it on my security camera computer and now I can see my security cameras via my wifi connection! that rocks! thanks! :thumbup:

Edit: I tested this from the wifi at work and I can access the comuter from there too! Here is a tip, if your DS is connected to the same wireless network as the computer you are connecting to use the machine's local IP address. If you are on a different wireless network than the computer make sure you use your router's physical IP address. Remote access is a little slower to update screenshots.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/drdigitalwknc/dssecurity.jpg

wiggy fuzz
January 25th, 2008, 17:07
ok, that. is. sick.

AlMightyBob
January 25th, 2008, 19:38
Wow, that looks great. Can't wait till I can mess around with my Nintendo WiFi USB Connector so it can connect through homebrew.

Weed-4-me
January 26th, 2008, 02:45
so... u need a wifi usb connector? cuz this isnt working for my r4... and theres no instructions...

zauberer
January 26th, 2008, 06:06
This is amazing, I don't know how you came to think about this app.

I really must say GREAT WORK.

kurosakinaruto-
January 26th, 2008, 07:45
i think there should be a keyboard somehwere to fill in boxes and a zoom option cause i went to veoh and i can see like one quarter of the screen

EDIT- nvm i just read the readme lol

elgoog
January 26th, 2008, 08:52
Aw, doesn't work for me either, using a SuperCard SD. I would try it on my ol' GBAMP but I am loaning it to someone right now....

Yeah? I'm using a Supercard SD and it works great, shame of the delay though between updates, even with the lowest quality setting it still seems to be slow. And does the zoomed view supposed to move along with the mouse? because it doesn't lol, That would make it even better!

Awesome stuff though A*

elgoog
January 26th, 2008, 08:53
i think there should be a keyboard somehwere to fill in boxes and a zoom option cause i went to veoh and i can see like one quarter of the screen

EDIT- nvm i just read the readme lol

LOL I was going to say there is a keyboard XD, just fiddle with the buttons until you come across is lol :rofl:

____anders____
January 26th, 2008, 13:06
it's working perfect, i'm writing this with ds2win, it's almost in realtime really good! thanks.

MasterMan
January 26th, 2008, 14:45
And does the zoomed view supposed to move along with the mouse? because it doesn't lol, That would make it even better!
Hold L while moving with the stylus.

it's working perfect, i'm writing this with ds2win, it's almost in realtime really good! thanks.
Everytime i want to use DS2Win, i need to change my resolution 1280x720 to 800x600, or else it craws to update screens. Terrible for a widescreen monitor.
Would be good if we had a monochrome option to reduce screenshot sizes and speed the process up with bigger resolutions.

Rebrek
January 26th, 2008, 21:54
I am very pleased with this one, the only thing it needs is sound and it would be perfect.

Destinykid
January 27th, 2008, 21:22
I can't connect to my internet. Can someone help me? I'm using an r4.

fast3kgt
January 28th, 2008, 03:08
can you connect through a wifi game like mario kart?

terrorblade
July 31st, 2008, 15:29
hey, can someone help me...

i jus wanna know if u need both ds2win n win2ds for it to work properly, coz at the moment i have ds2win but it jus says incorrect password if i chose auto connect... and if i choose manual connect it says waiting... n doesnt seem to load?

thankss