PDA

View Full Version : Protein DScratch v080122

wraggster
January 23rd, 2008, 22:23
Gorgull (http://gorgull.googlepages.com/home2) has released a new version of Protein DScratch

The goal of the Protein project is to get a creative audio/visual toy you can play with anywhere you go - it is in some ways similar to ElectroPlankton concept.

DScratch is the first module (or "protein") made using my Protein engine - it's a little audio manipulation software running on Nintendo DS, which ables you to play with an .wav audio sample, a recorded audio sample or even audio streaming from DS's embedded mic. Moreover, DScratch sends MIDI through wifi connection, which ables you to control external applications, like a VJing software or audio sequencer, and can be motion-controlled.

///////////////////////////////////////////////
// WHAT'S NEW?
///////////////////////////////////////////////

v080122
--> # !!! a brand new WavePlayer (direct streaming from filesystem) = no more limit in file size !!! <--
# enhanced turntable behavior
# enhanced cross-fader cut
# volume control added
# xml config file added (waiting for a real control panel - I definitely hate coding GUI :-p)
# samples preview and info in file browser (press X)
# enhanced "BitCrusher" effect (renamed from DownSampling FX)
# scalable sample display
# fixed green led behavior (blinking while wifi activated now)
# a lot of bug fixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

truseeks
January 24th, 2008, 13:23
Awesome program! Works with GnM but best if opened from the DSOrganize File Browser. Also the use of the top screen should be disabled for the best performance (hold X after launching the program to disable the waveform that shows on the top screen).

Also samples no longer have to be 1.5 MB or under! No more limitation in file size!

Seven7
January 25th, 2008, 03:57
Just tested it, works better than before. You wheren't kidding about the bugfixes. Although, exactly how does dsmidiwifi make use of this? I wanted to make a youtube vid with this program using dsmidiwifi, because i've yet to see one on youtube, only, now I can't figure it out. The readme show's how to connect, but not much else...

Bowser N64
February 28th, 2008, 05:24
Hey. This is Bowser. Nice program! I downloaded it with DSO once, and I liked it alot.

Nintendo_523
April 28th, 2009, 14:39
Thanks for the download, you hardly find it anywhere:D

danong
November 25th, 2009, 17:39
this is good!!