PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus r14 release date

moers
January 23rd, 2008, 23:57
title says all theres no info on this only the yutelate news i find that all the time but nothing recent :(

Nicko01
January 24th, 2008, 00:11
release date? there is no set release date.
also, why is this in hacking and exploits?

moers
January 24th, 2008, 00:17
move it for me then i kno but some pplz do kno :?

Wally
January 24th, 2008, 02:05
There is no release date set..

darkness angel 777
January 26th, 2008, 16:00
he hasn't updated his blog since christmas. :(

ryan2006
January 26th, 2008, 22:48
hes probably just busy with life be patient when it comes out itll be great until then just chill. :P

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:33
Let the poor guy rest!

I reckon he's having a hard time with the ME TBH.

the last time the subversion was updated was 5 weeks ago, Im not giving out this build its far too buggy for your eyes and the ME doesn't work yet.

Eviltaco64
January 28th, 2008, 19:53
Im sure R14 will be released in 2-3 weeks. I hope so anyway...

SaGe3k
January 31st, 2008, 12:40
hes probably just busy with life be patient when it comes out itll be great until then just chill. :P

I 2nd that.. I have Tried to improve the sound on the current Emulator with less then desirable results so far. ( My C+ and Hex coding isn't as good as it should be) but I'll keep trying, maybe he'll release a better emulator in the near future. We'll have to wait and see. :thumbup:

djbrotherson
January 31st, 2008, 16:36
N64 emulation is all good but I don't think it's really worth it to play until Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Zelda and Killer instinct gold are fully functional with sound (never gonna happen)

Wally
January 31st, 2008, 22:16
N64 emulation is all good but I don't think it's really worth it to play until Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Zelda and Killer instinct gold are fully functional with sound (never gonna happen)

Everytime someone says this, god kills an puppy

djbrotherson
January 31st, 2008, 23:55
hahahaha but no seriously, n64 would be the sickest if there was like full running emulation imagine mario kart battles.. i got a ds but it aint the same

h4s30
February 1st, 2008, 23:10
dood i'm just glad daedalus is still working on it and making it better and better i can't wait till bomberman64 and mischeif makers work thats going to rock
crazy idea as i'm typing this *don't really take this seriously*
netplay think about smashbros with four online that would make me cry

djbrotherson
February 1st, 2008, 23:18
that would make me cry too

Wally
February 1st, 2008, 23:33
Mischief Makers works already. Its rather playable actually.

Maybe not in R13 but the current build.

Like I said before, if it was stable and didnt have debug messages everywhere i'd give it out.

darkness angel 777
February 13th, 2008, 20:55
I'm sorry to post again but he still hasn't posted an update:(

LilSwish722
February 13th, 2008, 21:08
I think...Daedalus is a GREAT emulator and I'm excited to hear updates. But, It will not be the best (In my opinion) until Conker's Bad Fur day is running. THAT, my friends, would be amazing lol.

_Shin_
February 13th, 2008, 21:25
Wally> nice ! one of the game I'm looking the most forward to play with paper mario :D

you have the builds ? so you're in contact with him ?
could you slip the "fullscreen 4:3 and 16:9 progressiv tv out"-question in a conversation before the release ?
I mean I really don't think it's much work compared to ANY function he already added and would be really great to play with, so... :o

(I'm not asking about interlaced because I don't think it's possible (at least for now))

LilSwish722
February 13th, 2008, 21:52
When did this turn into a feature asking thread lol

Wally
February 13th, 2008, 22:18
Wally> nice ! one of the game I'm looking the most forward to play with paper mario :D

you have the builds ? so you're in contact with him ?
could you slip the "fullscreen 4:3 and 16:9 progressiv tv out"-question in a conversation before the release ?
I mean I really don't think it's much work compared to ANY function he already added and would be really great to play with, so... :o

(I'm not asking about interlaced because I don't think it's possible (at least for now))

I have no idea how to add TV-Out dude, i'm leaving that for StrmnNrmn as its his program and his programming thingys. One bad move could screw everything over.

Like i keep saying guys, the longer we wait the faster the emulator will be. I know we'd all like status reports and w/e but remember what happened between R8 and R9 over 6 months?

He hasn't updated his code for 7 weeks however he'll be around soon no doubt.

Bobablob
February 14th, 2008, 00:25
I think the most critical thing to keep in mind is that sour attitudes have a significantly deleterious effect on homebrew developers. [See the talented Exophase for instance]. Be patient, be civil, be supportive. Eventually, you might just be delighted!

_Shin_
February 14th, 2008, 01:52
When did this turn into a feature asking thread lol

it never did.
(and I don't see the harm in asking somebody in touch about an easy and yet quite useful feature...anyway, it's still less dumb than asking for a release date(what this thread seemed to be about)...because it's ready when it's ready and that's it lol)

wally>never asked you to DIY. I just know that StrmnNrmn is a dev' that is not doing those release for a handful of ppl and is really interested about what ppl want the most/are expecting of his side/spare time-work.

bobablob> I'm 100% with you.

hell, I've been supportive and trying this or other emu since the early release; most ppl I know just say "it's not worth trying for me until some great games are running fullspeed with sound". (and well I guess/hope that's what this release will be about and so does a lot of homebrew-enthusiasts :))