PDA

View Full Version : SnesPSP TYL v0.1 Released

wraggster
August 2nd, 2005, 23:37
YoyoFR (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) has released a great new port of Snes9X for the PSP, Heres the major long newspost from his site:

New release based on :

LJP Snes module (based on V1.39A of Snes9X).
Some code from first snes9x port on PSP by bifuteki.
unofficial PSPSDK from great ps2dev.org people.

Thanks must goes to :

ps2dev.org community : a wonderful job in a olympic record time !

The original authors of snes9x : You all did more than a great job !
Nem for original discovery that started everything.
All other people supporting us.
Personnal thanks to : smiths, chp, bifuteki.

Important Note about this release :
First, we have decided to release the code of the PREVIOUS version each time we do a new release. So this version source code will be released once we release the NEXT version. The reasons are: People taking our code, add "+alpha nothing" and do not give credit. If you believe your skills are up to the job, contact us.

Control the versions for a while.
Be able to put a splash screen. (See the reason under)

Second, the emulator will have a splash screen that user MUST read to be able to play the games.
The reason is pretty easy:
Some PSP sites are changing the NFO / ReadMe files to promote OUR stuff as THEIR stuff, So, untalented people earn money through advertising while people doing the hard work get nothing. As a result, to make the things clear, our message is embedded and encrypted inside the emulator.

Features:

5 Rendering mode :
Mode0 : Optimized Snes9x,
Mode1 : Original Snes9x
Mode2 : Hardware accelerated (using PSP's GU)
Mode3 : Adaptive rendering Mode 2 + Mode 1 (default)
Mode4 : Adaptive rendering Mode 2 + Mode 0
Yes you read well, this version support nearly all the graphics effects of the Snes accelerated with PSP hardware.
Except : offset mode & mode 7.
Priority and blending are fully emulated.
For the moment a few graphic glitches remain, we did our best for the moment in our knowledge. Please understand.

Zipped ROM support.
IPS patch file (have to be the same name as game with .IPS extension : SOE.ZIP => SOE.IPS)
Compressed Savestate with small screenshot.
Auto save of SRAM on game change, exit & Snes reset so you should never lose them ;-).
Autoskip.
Gamma correction.
VSync support.
SDD1 encrypted roms (Star Ocean, Street Fight Alpha 2,...)
SA1 (slow), SuperFX (slow), C4, DSP1 support.
Multiple sound frequencies : 22Khz, 32Khz, 44Khz.
Multiple stretching mode with or without smoothing
Detailed Battery informations.
222,266 & 333Mhz PSP frequency.
Snapshot based Icon per game. Take a snapshot while ingame (using GUI) & then you'll have it in file browser.

SUPPORT US : We know that only a few people give,
so, everyone of you is important.
This emulator is the result of a lot of free time spent coding!
we could have done more relaxing stuff :-)
(Of course, we love coding too !)
This is a freeware, you do not have to pay for it.
Still, if you really want to support us, please send a donation
Something like 5 euro or 10$ is not a big amount of money but
if it can pay for our PSP expenses or/and the restaurant when
the team member meet each other.
Having a tasty free diner with all the team members is good memories and
this is the kind of thing that will keep our motivation up.

We known that most likely 1 people out of 20000 or 30000 will do a donation.
Don't hesitate, we hope that you will not be the 29999 others.
PAYPAL Account is : [email protected] (If you don't have a paypal account and still want to give us something,
contact us by e-mail at this same adress)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/snesy0088.JPG

Screenshots and Downloads of this great new Snes emulator Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snespsp_tyl.shtml

Comments below :)

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 00:00
all Im going to say is... holy freaking crap! try this. il let you found out on your own :)

also.. there is a frame limiter... for a reason :D

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 00:04
this is the big release of the month :)

jambox
August 3rd, 2005, 00:13
what an awesome surprise! a yoyo Snes emulator!

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 00:28
POST your BUG REPORTS AND COMPAT FINDINGS IN THIS TOPIC

great work Yoyofr :)

watoto
August 3rd, 2005, 00:29
wow!finally,the snes experience we were all waiting for!

slayer2psp
August 3rd, 2005, 00:31
does star fox run good? havent tried yet

MSX
August 3rd, 2005, 00:35
So...does this run faster than y's latest release? The next planned version sounds awesome :D

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 00:36
yeah appareantly its the fastest release so far

SmashinGit
August 3rd, 2005, 00:45
Wow!

xzxxy
August 3rd, 2005, 00:49
This is the fastest SNES emu release by far. After setting the clock speed to 333MHz, I'm playing Chrono Trigger at ~60fps without frameskip.

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 00:50
So far.. I have run MK II with a FramSkip of 1 with the FRAME LIMIT and NO SOUND at 60 FPS... does that tell you anything?

MSX
August 3rd, 2005, 01:12
ZOMGWTFBBQ YA IT DOES!!1! I WANT PRFCT EMULASHUN NO FRM SKIP AND 44 KZH SOUNDZOR AND MODE 7 FULLEE WURKING U LAZEE DEVIPR GET 2 WORK ON THIS BCUZ I WNT IT SO BAD AND I R DEMANDING IT, NOW U LAZEE PRSON!!111!1!1eleven!1!one!1

:p :D

Actually, that sounds awesome...*replaces y31* :p.

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 01:17
WOW, the only thing that sucks about this is that all Y's awesome work and constant updates are for nothing :(

Well at least his is the only one with Game Genie and Action replay code support... for now.

wraggster
August 3rd, 2005, 01:21
Mario Kart plays perfect with sound :)

stuff websites im off to play some

dman32
August 3rd, 2005, 01:30
Does anybody know how to hide the corrupted file?

watoto
August 3rd, 2005, 01:40
it's still buggy,but it's awesome.i've had small issues with crackling sound here and there,freezing,and as stated mode 7 is not yet supported in psp accelerated mode.
i've had games running fullspeed with sound and 0-1 frameskip,others are still slower but way faster than in any other emu,and i'm talking with 44 sound and frameskip 0-1,wich is the only mode i bother testing.very,VERY impressive.

in some instances the main menu won't show properly in psp acc. mode.still in that mode,i've had my psp freezing in some cases when you're going from one place to another in some game,and you have the transition when it's all pixely,that usually makes the system freeze.

Žeddragon
August 3rd, 2005, 01:43
Does anybody know how to hide the corrupted file?
use search. This isn't the only topic in the whole world you know. :D

magic_mascarade
August 3rd, 2005, 01:43
It's the best snes emulator till now!!! Even if it is still not totally perfect for some games, at least a snes emulator that can stay in my psp :) Good work!

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 01:48
This is great....

I just....just dont understand any of the menu stuff. :(

With the right options this may run with 222-266mhz.....

faceless
August 3rd, 2005, 01:51
is that nfo a joke or something? it's full of generic rage against ... everyone ...

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 01:59
This is great....

I just....just dont understand any of the menu stuff. :(

With the right options this may run with 222-266mhz.....

the menu takes some getting used to. also it isnt just 222-266 mhz, it goes to 333 also. and thats a huge improvment.

Xarius
August 3rd, 2005, 01:59
The framerate on this emualtor is great, but I've got some major issues with this release

1) The fps display flickers like a mofo and is extremely annoying

2) The fps display lies. Load up Megaman X2 and fight the first boss. The game slows down to about 10 fps (almost unplayable for a megaman game) but the display states that it's running at 56 fps instead of the game's normal 60.

3) To the developers: the once-a-day liscence agreement / 'thanks to' screen is quite over the top. Put it somewhere easily accessable but not manditory to read so frequently. What if you were required to sit thru the credits for your favorite game every time you loaded it up? We'd never get any gaming done.

consoul
August 3rd, 2005, 02:07
Hats off. Excellent release (and this is the first public version!).

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 02:13
Damnit...why dont the MK games use the whole screen?

When its set to FULL all games use the entire screens except MK.....about 1/2 an inch of the bottom of the screen isnt used....

MSX
August 3rd, 2005, 02:21
Also, the once-a-day license thing has already showed up after I started the emulator for a second time...so...maybe just a quick PS2NFO SUCKS! splash before the emulator starts up would suffice :p.

This thing runs great, I've saved my games in y31 and moved the SRAM saves over to TYL :D.

overidon
August 3rd, 2005, 02:37
Actraiser has trouble displaying anything in the intro yet the sound works at this time. Also in supermario all stars in super mario 2 the screen sometimes goes blank during character select.

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 03:04
My only complaint with this EMU (other than the things Y's does that this doesn't) is the quarter inch gap at the bottom of the screen ?!?!?!?!

I'm sure this is an easy fix though and will be fixed in the next release! I can only hope this see's the kind of updates that Y's see's. I will continue to use both now since Y's has Game Genie and other options that I like, but this is SO DAMN FAST! Every game that had ANY problems before runs PERFECT for me now!!!

It's also AWESOME to know the SRAM svaes work so we can move our saves across!

w00t w00t! :)

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 03:05
On the character select screens for MK3 and UMK3 the cursor is black insted of green....

Also, MK3 is the only one that uses 100% of the screen...

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 03:07
My only complaint with this EMU (other than the things Y's does that this doesn't) is the quarter inch gap at the bottom of the screen ?!?!?!?!

I'm sure this is an easy fix though and will be fixed in the next release! I can only hope this see's the kind of updates that Y's see's. I will continue to use both now since Y's has Game Genie and other options that I like, but this is SO DAMN FAST! Every game that had ANY problems before runs PERFECT for me now!!!

It's also AWESOME to know the SRAM svaes work so we can move our saves across!

w00t w00t! :)

Which games have the "gap" for you? Out of all of mine only MK1, MK2 and UMK3 have the "gap".......

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 03:15
Er I think everything I tried did!?!?? Wierd. I'll recheck and post later if I can pull myself away from Zelda.

I can say 100% for sure Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures wasn't full screen but maybe the early games I tried didn't have that problem because I noticed it first on MK and it seemed to be there on everything I tried after so I thought it was everything.

It isn't that big of a deal though since it's so damn fast. Hope it's fixed next release though.

shirtsforpants
August 3rd, 2005, 03:21
can't wait to try this..... i have sick NES and Genesis emulators, but SNES is really the gem i've been waiting for.

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 03:27
Er I think everything I tried did!?!?? Wierd. I'll recheck and post later if I can pull myself away from Zelda.

I can say 100% for sure Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures wasn't full screen but maybe the early games I tried didn't have that problem because I noticed it first on MK and it seemed to be there on everything I tried after so I thought it was everything.

It isn't that big of a deal though since it's so damn fast. Hope it's fixed next release though.

I found another one with the gap...Super Metroid.

I find it odd that MK3 doesnt have it, but Umk3 does...theyre basically the same game... :confused:

Cross
August 3rd, 2005, 04:05
hmm on Mario Kart... I put both at a Frame Skip of 0 and then 3, they were both playable at 3 but a 0 of course no lol. But it did seem quicker under this one.

LOL damit I can't tell on that one

Ok Starfox with the Full ScreenBL and 44k FS w/ Auto on 3 was a 7FPS on y31
On this new EMU it is at with the settings of 44k, Accurate Mix, FS 3 with limiter and FPS on it was reading 24 but DEF slower... I am guessing FPS can not be used to compair but the game was so slow it froze in the beginning.

Both were at 333mhz. Next I am trying Mega Man X3, lets see what happens with C4 Emulation.

With Mirrored settings in Mega Man X3 it was MUCH FASTER (This new EMU)

Hmm so it seems that only a few games show problems but that this def out shines y31 in the speed areas of some games. Def a nice increase for MMX3. I am going to check Mario RPG one more time but I think that may be like Star Fox... just one that it needs a few small corrections to take care of what ever problem it is.

But I do like the menu and options a lot more. I did notice the loss of the graphics and sound increase but I had not played with those for some time in Y's. Hey anyone far enough in Final Fantasy 3, Wasn't it after Fargo that Y's had problems awhile ago. Maybe that is one that should be tried?

Ok on Mario RPG.. I did not notice a difference, they seemed equal I think the New one's graphics were nicer but battles all felt the same. I did Koopa's castle from the beginning just a few battles and they felt the same.

On Final Fantasy from start to the first battle (again settings above mirrored) it seemed the same again. Almost slower and I did Y's first this time. I noticed the same drop in sound speed when characters moved to perform attacks and when they were done it spead up again just like Y's. So again it seems a draw here...

I still maintain with the updates I think this may be the best EMU yet lol, just needs a few corrections.

I have not noticed the gap yet, lol I wasn't looking for it.

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 04:16
Yeah my bad it's just a few games that have the screen gap at the bottom! Thats even better! I just hope they fix that next version.

Smiths
August 3rd, 2005, 04:37
I love the screen at the beginning. It was something discussed amongst the programmers (and myself, when I was contacting yoyo during the NeoCD updates). This was honestly the best method agreed upon.
Yeah the scrolling thing could get a little annoying to some, but you really need to realize that this site and other respected ones who have been doing homebrew news for years now and therefore have a relationship with programmers are not the reason in any way for the splash.

Yoyo and his team (the trio responsible for the OS9X ports) are respected individuals known throughout an established community.
While I may be considered the most "vocal" (aka - asshole) of the PSP devs out there, this is yet another reminder that there are many many many homebrew devs who are PREMIUM pissed off about what is going on regarding who is getting the "attention" (and $$$) for the work being put out there.

PSPUpdates encourages you now to donate some money to yoyo, because he mentioned it... Yoyo has had the PAYPAL link on his site since the beginning... if they had actually reported that to their users, instead of simply linking the file and not referring you to view his page (common theme... send a user to an author's page godforbid they get information direct from the author), people could have donated way back when to him.
Premium my ass.

This emulator is premium though, although there are freeze issues I've spotted and all. Haven't played around too much (Japan time, got it this morning then head to work), so I don't know about the screensize issue.

I do know they probably will not be releasing an update for a month, from latest reports.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!

economizer0
August 3rd, 2005, 05:09
Anyone else getting Echoes?

I'm playing secret of mana and what ever sound other then the music echoes like the swing of the sword and gauge finnished charging...

Or any way to fix this?

Thanks

Cross
August 3rd, 2005, 06:27
I love the screen at the beginning. It was something discussed amongst the programmers (and myself, when I was contacting yoyo during the NeoCD updates). This was honestly the best method agreed upon.
Yeah the scrolling thing could get a little annoying to some, but you really need to realize that this site and other respected ones who have been doing homebrew news for years now and therefore have a relationship with programmers are not the reason in any way for the splash.

Yoyo and his team (the trio responsible for the OS9X ports) are respected individuals known throughout an established community.
While I may be considered the most "vocal" (aka - asshole) of the PSP devs out there, this is yet another reminder that there are many many many homebrew devs who are PREMIUM pissed off about what is going on regarding who is getting the "attention" (and $$$) for the work being put out there.

PSPUpdates encourages you now to donate some money to yoyo, because he mentioned it... Yoyo has had the PAYPAL link on his site since the beginning... if they had actually reported that to their users, instead of simply linking the file and not referring you to view his page (common theme... send a user to an author's page godforbid they get information direct from the author), people could have donated way back when to him.
Premium my ass.

This emulator is premium though, although there are freeze issues I've spotted and all. Haven't played around too much (Japan time, got it this morning then head to work), so I don't know about the screensize issue.

I do know they probably will not be releasing an update for a month, from latest reports.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!

just when u think you know more then u think, u see more then u knew.

Daeger
August 3rd, 2005, 06:47

Premium my ass.

Whet the whistle, enjoy!

So you're bitching because a link to donate to yoyo wasn't posted a long time ago for no real reason? Forget the fact that the site's owner is a bit of a douche for a second.

I'm collecting donations to build the world's first pair of super pants. You have absolutely no guarentee that I will ever finish, or even work on super pants. Other people have no reason to have people donate to my super pants project, simply because there are people who actually have proof they need the money and what it will go to. All I have is a promise, over the internet mind you, that I will create super pants.

So, I create super pants, and suddenly people who appreciate super pants (however they change the tags of my super pants and that annoys me so I imbed the information in the pants itself) ask to donate to me, and that would piss you off?

Smiths
August 3rd, 2005, 08:19
So you're bitching because a link to donate to yoyo wasn't posted a long time ago for no real reason? Forget the fact that the site's owner is a bit of a douche for a second.

What?

You really lost me there. They never encouraged anyone to donate anything to devs and yoyo did the NeoCD emulator... the first release of which was posted 1 month ago (so there's been time for a "go to his page and donate" thing). You knew he was a talented dev, judging from his history.

But now that the author publically states "you can donate to me", that shitty site thinks it's "do the right thing time" and show support by saying "hey, go to his page!"

Again, you really lost me in any meaning you attempted to show.

sparhawk
August 3rd, 2005, 13:29
I tried 4 games:

FF2: This game worked like a charm till the red wings landed and the castle scene loaded up, it froze. Anybody else have this issue? I'll try it again when I'm "working."

FF3: Ran somewhat slow but still faster than any previous emulator.

Chrono Trigger: I could get this game to run well, but as somebody above mentioned, there are slow-downs during battles. I've also noticed that any time a new song began or any sound effect went off, the sound would echo and scratch up quite a bit.

Secret of Mana: This game ran like a dream, the starting text when making your character was somewhat messed up like it had been cut off, perhaps this was due to the zoom1? I'll try that later. This game also had the sound issue mentioned above.

Smiths
August 3rd, 2005, 14:19
spar- i had the freeze at the same time. it whets my whistle though. Imagine Hardware-supported Mode7... which seems to be a crippling graphic effect right now.

FF3/6 - next release baby... next release... (read their site)

I played Super Metroid quickly this morning and had it freeze on me right when the baby metroid is "abducted"... but then I reloaded it this afternoon and am playing it fine.

there's something random that I'm sure they're looking at.
considering -- I believe -- the team may soon be involving "y" as well... good thing laxer is in Japan with knowledge of the language too. Reaching out is vital!

Mourningstar
August 3rd, 2005, 15:32
Could someone explain the 5 graphic modes for me....I just dont get them....

arch stanton
August 3rd, 2005, 15:34
Anyone else getting Echoes?

I'm playing secret of mana and what ever sound other then the music echoes like the swing of the sword and gauge finnished charging...

Or any way to fix this?

Thanks

Set the sound frequency to 22khz. :)

Green_Hawk
August 3rd, 2005, 17:10
None of the games I like run (good) without turning off smoothing, upping the frameskip, etc..

sparhawk
August 3rd, 2005, 17:30
Thank you for pointing that out to me Smiths. :) Just in case anybody else missed their battle plan for upcoming patches:

# Planned future feature: (please DO NOT READ AS everything in next release !!!)
# 1/FF6 Game speedup. (found a trick after we released, will be in next release, now run at full speed).
# 2/Sound Emulation moved to the Media Engine. (hope a 10 to 15% increase in performance.)
# 3/User friendly Cool menu system with realtime help.
# 4/Netplay in infrastructure mode and adhoc mode.
# 5/Optimisation of the CPU core emulation (write a JIT and/or rewrite the CPU emulation part in MIPS asm)
# 6/Rewrite of the PPU rendering to change from "FLUSH" into one pass frame rendering.
# 7/Configurable Autofire/Configurable input.
# 8/Display of Snes PAD to be able to understand which color / button name map the PSP.
# 9/Optimization of mode7 seems possible.(hope a 10 to 15% increase here too)
# 10/Increased compatibility with games.
# 11/Setup profile loader : ability to setup profiles per game.
So many user can send us later their setup and we can gather them in the next release.
# 12/Some CPU core optimization.
# 13/Try to optimize battery life as much as possible.
# 14/SPC Player.
# 15/Speed hacks (SnesAdvance).

I find the Netplay very interesting but it will probably be one of the last things they implement.

coheedcollapse
August 3rd, 2005, 18:12
Holy crap, this is the most exciting release of the week/month. I've tried just about every game and compared (nothing scientific, just feel/etc), and the second I turn off smoothing, everything is just blazing (making one exception for Donkey Kong type games). This emu has promise, and from what I see on the update list, it'll be the best SNES emu on the PSP. Now that's something for the 2.0ers to be jealous about.

Bugs that I've found (just visual so far):
Long rom names wrap around and continue into the left side of the rom list.

Although this isn't neccesarily a problem, it looks kind of odd when saving because the long names extend past the box.

If I think of any more I see I'll say it, but I CAN say that smoothing should be turned off default because people new or with a lesser understanding of the emulation scene might not know what an incredible change that can make.

Wow, this is great, excited to see the next release.

Izlude
August 3rd, 2005, 18:33
great emulator, finally one that handles sound at a relatively decent rate. although i've noticed one nasty freezup with Lufia II, seems to lock up every single time after the first battle in the tower above Narcysus, any setting i should tweak? cant seem to get anywhere with it.

softgun
August 3rd, 2005, 19:56
Great work Yoyo....

BTW how's the battery life when you use Yoyo's emulator for an extended period of time (at 222mhz or at 333mhz)? I haven't had a chance to really play for longer than 10 minutes with this thing. does it drain as fast as a UMD at 222 mhz?

eiyosus
August 3rd, 2005, 20:14
Great Emulator. My main nitpicks are that the menu scroll is a little slow, it wraps from bottom back to the top and vice-versa (if I'm scrolling to the bottom of the menu really fast, I have to stop and back backtrack because I end up back at the top), and finally, it would be great if every game could have it's own settings instead of having to reconfigure every time you switch games. Other than that, I love it. This emulator really does rock.

parabolee
August 3rd, 2005, 21:48
I find it runs great with smoothing on, but I find most games get better performance form different graphic modes. For instance some games graphics dissapear with some modes IE PSP ENHANCED mode looses chracters select screen in MKII.

I know a lot of people are trying to run more CPU intensive games than me so I complain less. But for me the speed of this is awesome with everything (a little tweak here and there on some games).

I LOVE the ability to set up a thumbnail of each game for the menu with the screenshot!

The list of updates are INCREDIBLE too! We need the settings save for each game! And NETPLAY ability would be.... I think I'm going to cry LOL!!!!

They should add Game Genie/Action Replay codes aswell since Y's has those.

I would give the current release a 8.5 and with the fix for the few games that have the gap and a save settings ability for each game it's a 9.

If they get 20% more speed out of it and add NETPLAY then this is a striaght 10 baby! :)

omniosiris
August 4th, 2005, 00:03
anyone know what the best settings for this emu are? i've tried a few but I don't think i've found the best ones yet

optik415
August 4th, 2005, 00:16
I tried to use codes on games and they dont seem to work.I tried to be a secret character in nba te and infinite turbo and they didnt work also the kool stuff code for mk3 didnt work either.I will try other games though anyone got somethin to say about this??.If there is no codes i would like them in the next release.BUT DAM THIS SHIT IS AMAZING FIRST GENESIS NOW THIS IM 10 YRS OLD AGAIN THE GAMES STILL FEEL THE SAME

Cap'n 1time
August 4th, 2005, 00:45
BUT DAM THIS SHIT IS AMAZING FIRST GENESIS NOW THIS IM 10 YRS OLD AGAIN THE GAMES STILL FEEL THE SAME

my thoughts exactly lol.. just... i didnt feel i needed to say them quite like that. ;)

PSP_BLADe
August 4th, 2005, 00:50
Why cant i PLay games?
When I start it up, it shows only my PSP's Files

Cap'n 1time
August 4th, 2005, 00:58
cause you dont have any roms in the correct directory.

PSP_BLADe
August 4th, 2005, 01:01
Roms?
What are they?

Cap'n 1time
August 4th, 2005, 01:05
Roms?
What are they?

your on your own there pal. google is your friend :)

nickgundara
August 4th, 2005, 01:09
Roms?
What are they?

LOL....Boy are you in the wrong forum buddy....

mmoaddict
August 4th, 2005, 14:45
Hmmmm, I followed the directions perfectly, used all 3 included EBOOT files, and my PSP is 1.5, but when ever I try to start it up its says:

"This Game Could Not Be Started. (80020130)."

I have a bunch of ROMs in the main emulator folder, if that is useful at all. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Izlude
August 4th, 2005, 17:15
you used KXploit to put the EBOOT files on your psp right?

Edit:

as for bug reports, both Lufia 1 & 2 seems to freeze after any indoor battle (doesnt freeze on the world map for some odd reason)

PlayingKarrde
August 5th, 2005, 23:24
Amazingly this emulator even runs IPS patched games that the other emulators don't. Even xSnes9X on the XBox doesn't run Wonder Project J with English text but this does! Awesome.

Seiken Densetsu 3 and Wonder Project J appear to work almost perfectly with IPS patch. SD3 is a tad slow but still playable though.

coheedcollapse
August 9th, 2005, 01:02
Seiken Densetsu 3 was very slow on uo_snes9x, when i first tried out this emu, that's the first game I tested...it was an incredible speed up...great stuff.

]K![-kLiNe1-
August 9th, 2005, 06:00
ok wer do u guyz get the roms from

]K![-kLiNe1-
August 9th, 2005, 06:17
?

BlackxKnight
August 9th, 2005, 14:31
K![-kLiNe1-']ok wer do u guyz get the roms fromwww.pdroms.de for free legal stuff but other stuff we cant talk about because its potentially illegal.

Valiant
August 9th, 2005, 15:12
Seiken Densetsu 3 was very slow on uo_snes9x, when i first tried out this emu, that's the first game I tested...it was an incredible speed up...great stuff.

Yeah it is amazing how well this game works on this emu, and ]k[, you are an idiot.

]K![-kLiNe1-
August 10th, 2005, 01:27
ok just figured out that all the roms i had for my pc emulator...work on the psp....amazing did any of u guyz knew about this....<<<<noob question

jetkey885
August 10th, 2005, 08:35
what a great emulator!! the only thing that is missing from this emulator is GameGenie cheat support, until that happens i'll have to keep uo_snes around to up my stats on some games and move the saved SRAM file back and forth between the two emulators. GREAT JOB on the emulator. :)

jetkey885
August 10th, 2005, 08:38
]K![ i agreed with Valiant when it comes to you beening an idoit.

Emilio5639
August 11th, 2005, 01:18
I was having some problems in saving the game. I was playing Uncharted Waters 2, and I can do a save state when I'm playing the game, but if I turn it off, and come back to it later, the load doesnt happen. Also the in game save feature doesnt work, so what do guys think it can be? Also I do have space on my memory card, so thats not it, any idea's?

jetkey885
August 15th, 2005, 02:27
Roms have to be stored in a folder called "ROMS" where the emulator is located.

ex) H:\PSP\GAME\SNES\ROMS

"SNES" is the folder where your emulator/eboot is located

Rinshu
August 16th, 2005, 21:26
Ok dumb question here, but bare with Im a noob to this whole thing. I basically bought a PSP today solely for the SNES emulation, at least untill more games come out for the thing, so Im completely new to the whole PSP emualtion thing.

My question is, can you use this emu with the latest bios, the one that includes the web browser?

And if anyone can point me to a FAQ that describes installing homebrew stuff that would be great too, if not thats cool.

Thanks for your time.

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 21:43
Ok dumb question here, but bare with Im a noob to this whole thing. I basically bought a PSP today solely for the SNES emulation, at least untill more games come out for the thing, so Im completely new to the whole PSP emualtion thing.

My question is, can you use this emu with the latest bios, the one that includes the web browser?

And if anyone can point me to a FAQ that describes installing homebrew stuff that would be great too, if not thats cool.

Thanks for your time.

no you probably cant as either your system is already upgraded or you upgraded yourself.

before you ask you cant downgrade. youll just have to wait for something to happen.

Rinshu
August 16th, 2005, 22:11
no you probably cant as either your system is already upgraded or you upgraded yourself.

before you ask you cant downgrade. youll just have to wait for something to happen.

My PSP has the US 1.5 bios on it out of the box, and I have not upgraded it yet.

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 22:14
1.1? you mean 1.51? 1.0 and 1.5 are the only ones that can load unsigned code.. check your firmware again and post your finding here.

Rinshu
August 16th, 2005, 22:22
1.1? you mean 1.51? 1.0 and 1.5 are the only ones that can load unsigned code.. check your firmware again and post your finding here.

Yeah 1.5, I got it from a dude who bought it on launch day and he never touched it. So is the memory card swap the only way to get it to work with a 1.5?

Dasheu
August 17th, 2005, 12:42
Hello, everyone, I've got ( a noobish XD ) question I'm afraid..But I've read all the posts on this thread and some others but I don't have access to the menu where we can change Frequency to 333 MHZ, video options etc...

I've got only the menu which you can choose your game ... I've already tried pushing all the buttons ..but nothing :(

Thx in advance for any answers :)

ps: I don't know if it's important for the answer but i'm running SnesPSP TYL v0.1 under a PSP with 1.0 firmware.

alex_dsnews
August 17th, 2005, 12:46
It's 'left' on the analog stick.

UnderHill
August 19th, 2005, 17:13
Hey ,im gettin a 1.50 psp next week and i would like to know
how fast does this emu actually run?
any answer would be grateful.

Cap'n 1time
August 20th, 2005, 06:05
Hey ,im gettin a 1.50 psp next week and i would like to know
how fast does this emu actually run?
any answer would be grateful.

It can actually run a number of games at full speed without any sort of frame skip at all. however it has proven to be a bit unstable.. that dosnt mean it wont get better over time (in fact i can guarantee it will) :)