PDA

View Full Version : Sega Delays DS and Wii Titles in Japan

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 14:49
via IGN (http://ds.ign.com/articles/846/846732p1.html)

Smash Bros. Brawl -- delayed!

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G -- delayed!

Sakura Taisen and Mysterious Dungeon Shiren -- also delayed!

Okay, so the two latest delays from Japan probably won't cause much of a meltdown on message boards when compared to the earlier announced delays of Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter, but we're sure a few Sega fanatics will need the warm, comforting bosom of a lover tonight.

Sega Japan announced today that two of its high profile first quarter titles have been pushed back. Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen, originally set for DS release on 2/21, will now arrive a month later on 3/19. Even bigger is the delay for Wii's Mysterious Dungeon Fuurai no Shiren 3 which, instead of its original 2/28 release, will now make it out in June. These dates are all Japan only.

As expected, Sega cited a need to up the quality of the two titles as reason for the delays.

While Sakura Taisen probably doesn't have a chance of release in America, Shiren is set for US release under the name Shiren the Wanderer 3. As the US version is currently with a TBA release date, expect the TBA to come post Summer.

Mini Moose
January 24th, 2008, 22:13
How is it that Sega is delaying Brawl? They're not developing it or anything.... :/

Seven7
January 25th, 2008, 04:20
And for that matter, isn't monster hunter a capcom franchise?

Weed-4-me
January 26th, 2008, 02:59
delaying brawl for the 2nd time... wow... good job... i was happy that it was releasing in december... and then pissed that they delayed it to feb... but now delaying it to march... wtf? i bet they will be delaying it for the 3rd time...