PDA

View Full Version : PS3 'contributed' to GTA delay, Rockstar admits

Shrygue
January 24th, 2008, 17:23
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180455)

Rockstar Games has finally answered assumptions that PlayStation 3 development trouble was the reason behind GTA IV's 2008 delay, admitting that it "definitely" contributed to the slip.

Speaking to MTV's multiplayer blog, Rockstar's Jeronimo Barrera said: "It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that." Now though, he says, "we're neck and neck".

"Back then that was something we were taking into account. That's not to say there's anything wrong with the PS3 version. It's awesome. They're both identical."

When it was revealed that GTA wouldn't make its original October 2007 date, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick told investors that "technological problems" were the reason behind the slip.

Those techy niggles were widely assumed to be PS3 dev troubles, after a summer of delays plagued multiplatform PS3 releases including Stranglehold, Rainbow Six Vegas and others.

Thankfully, Barrera says it's "not an issue anymore", and an international release date of April 29 has been set for both versions.

Hopefully then, Rockstar will come good and give us a near-identical game on both platforms - something we expect to see much more of in multiplatform releases this year.

lmtlmt
January 24th, 2008, 22:28
strangle hold is awesome though, i really enjoyed it.

F9zDark
January 24th, 2008, 22:34
Rainbow Six Vegas is also really good and the company that developed that, aimed to make the game as good as it could be on both systems.

(Adding in-game-friend's list, invites, etc)

lmtlmt
January 24th, 2008, 22:36
you can message ingame on the ps3 on SVR08 which is good.

Triv1um
January 24th, 2008, 23:23
strangle hold is awesome though, i really enjoyed it.

Really?

I thought it was shit... And stupidly easy.

lmtlmt
January 24th, 2008, 23:58
did u try it on hard boiled and auto aim assist off? i did and it wasnt really that easy(not super hard though) but i liked it.

Shadowblind
January 25th, 2008, 01:05
Really?

I thought it was shit... And stupidly easy.

That game was fun, it really doesn't matter the system. Don't diss mister Woo :)

GTA delayed because of PS3? Ah well. In any case its coming out when it is, and will be awesome. I don't see the wait of that much of a burden anyway.

lmtlmt
January 25th, 2008, 01:10
yeah, dont want it to turn out like Pro Evo