PDA

View Full Version : could PS3 support Homebrew?

gimpyjr
August 2nd, 2005, 23:56
given the recent information that the PSP's memory stick will act as PS3's memory card format, it may be easy to start a homebrew scene on sony's new beast.

This is great news for those of us who love homebrew and emulation. Give me your thoughts?

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 02:34
given the recent information that the PSP's memory stick will act as PS3's memory card format, it may be easy to start a homebrew scene on sony's new beast.

This is great news for those of us who love homebrew and emulation. Give me your thoughts?

probably similare protection to the psp. I find it unlikely sony will allow anyone to have their way with the machine... warez isnt really an option though as the ps3 games will probably be HUGE (much bigger than even the largest memory sticks)

gimpyjr
August 3rd, 2005, 05:08
that's true but you probably could use them to get games on DVD's to boot, like a bootdisc. or maybe somone could get The PSP emulators to work on PS3

EX. The way kxexploit works on PSP

gimpyjr
August 3rd, 2005, 05:10
warez and homebrew are two totaly different things. I dispise warez it's what puts awsome sites like this out of business

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2005, 13:03
warez and homebrew are two totaly different things. I dispise warez it's what puts awsome sites like this out of business

I as well, sadly, you cant usually have one with out the other... They even took the linux booter for the xbox and turned it into somthing warezy. Nintendo GC is the only system with a (3rd party) homebrew device. Perhapes they could make somthing like this.