PDA

View Full Version : Classic MTV programming coming to UMD

wraggster
January 24th, 2008, 22:56
Though it faced some troubled times over the last few years, the PSP's Universal Media Disc is showing impressive resilience as a portable movie format. Case in point, today's announcement that MTV will become bring some of its classic programming to the PSP-exclusive format.

The discs, which will be available for $14.99 at retailers nationwide starting today, are:

"Beavis & Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection," Vol. 2 and 3
"Jackass," Vol. 2 and 3
"Wildboyz," Vol. 1 and 2
"Viva La Bam," Vol. 2, 3, and 4
"Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection" (2-disc set)
No word yet on whether or not current MTV hits like ... uh ... current hits ... um ... there's no word what other classic MTV hits will be released on UMD, but we'll let you know if and when we hear.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/24/classic-mtv-programming-coming-to-umd/

LilSwish722
January 24th, 2008, 23:00
Haha. Viva La Bam FTW!

JKKDARK
January 24th, 2008, 23:05
Beavis & Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection.. the only good thing from the list :)

Gene
January 25th, 2008, 01:55
If they made a Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Then I would buy it. The only reason people aren't buying umd movies is because of the lack of support, and the lack of good titles.

VampDude
January 25th, 2008, 02:00
The only reason people aren't buying umd movies is because of the lack of support, and the lack of good titles.

And the fact that you can get better titles on DVD then easily rip them, and store them on a Mem Stick.

royvedas
January 25th, 2008, 07:49
And the fact that you can get better titles on DVD then easily rip them, and store them on a Mem Stick.

Exactly. I can't belive that umd-movies are still produced. You cannot walk in to a shop without gettin' these stuffed down your throat for almost no money. Even at this ridiculous low price point you have to wonder - Do I really feel like watching a movie on a 1-inch screen? If I do i'd rip from a better source - nice, smooth, easy, better selection, and no need to buy the same movie twice.

There is probably some ridiculous unfair law prohibiting ripping your own movies and using them on another device. If this is the case I say - **** the law!

Oh and by the way - MTV sucks. Sure it was cool once, but that's a mighty long time ago.

Baboon
January 25th, 2008, 08:18
Wow... Do people really still purchase UMD videos anymore?

jamotto
January 25th, 2008, 09:04
I'd rather not have to take up vital space on my memorystick for a movie that looks worse than the one I could play from a umd.

koh-kun
January 25th, 2008, 17:38
jamotto

Were you being sarcasic??

You can fit a few of near-UMD quality movies on a memory stick nowadays, so you don't have to lug around UMDs or keep switching discs. Not to mention the selection of videos: MS - any movie file, UMD - limited to crappy(imo anyway) sony titles.

Ultima Chocochu
January 25th, 2008, 18:04
I think the only one worth noting is Beavis and Butthead.
XD

Shiesty
January 25th, 2008, 23:48
Beavis & Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection.. the only good thing from the list :)

I think the only one worth noting is Beavis and Butthead.
XD

jackass & wildboyz are absolutely hilarioius. ranking shitty potty humor over quality potty humor is just ludicrous

jamotto
January 26th, 2008, 05:12
jamotto
You can fit a few of near-UMD quality movies on a memory stick nowadays

Why settle for near-UMD quality?

so you don't have to lug around UMDs

You can fit five UMD's in the same space as a pack of playing cards and it weighs maybe 40 grams? I don't think that's all that bad.

or keep switching discs.

ummm, ok so you have to switch discs what is the problem? It's not like the N-Gage where you had to remove the battery compartment.

Not to mention the selection of videos: MS - any movie file, UMD - limited to crappy(imo anyway) sony titles.

Had the video's sold better the selection would have improved, as it stands out of the 282 UMD's released a little less than half are from Sony the rest is divided up among the other major studio's, so it's not all Sony movies.