PDA

View Full Version : Konami: no MGS4 demo - EVER

Shrygue
January 25th, 2008, 16:19
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180510)

Ryan Payton, assistant producer at Kojima Productions, promises there will be no MGS 4 demo next month.

Payton sought to clarify some of the MGS-related rumours floating around the net this month, with the big one being PSW's that a playable demo would be on PSN in February.

Discussing the rumour in a webcast on an official blog, Payton admits that while everyone may have gotten excited about the possibility of a demo, despite the wide-spread rumours, "that's not the case".

Oh well... there's not long to wait for the full game now anyway.

Shadowblind
January 25th, 2008, 18:09
then its very likely the game will come out soon and that there will be no need for a demo. I think, anyway.

F9zDark
January 25th, 2008, 18:14
then its very likely the game will come out soon and that there will be no need for a demo. I think, anyway.

Hopefully anyway. But I think it could be more for the story aspect. Demos, generally, are made like movie trailers, the best aspect of the game given to the player to get a real taste for it. Its good marketing that way; get players hooked on the best part of the game (that isn't the ending) and they are more likely to buy the game.

Knowing Kojima he wouldn't want to ruin his story/cinematic masterpiece by giving away a good part of the story, and since most MGS games are a little slow in the beginning that wouldn't make a good demo for those who don't know of the game, aren't too inclined towards the game, etc

acn010
January 25th, 2008, 18:45
im gonna shoot myself ........ im on a tight emotion for the game!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw all the trailers and even see the demo!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i so want to play it

Triv1um
January 25th, 2008, 23:03
No demo huh? Damn.

DPyro
January 25th, 2008, 23:26
They already said there wouldn't be one.

JKKDARK
January 25th, 2008, 23:38
Good move from Konami. It would be another waste of money and time if they release a demo.

sappo
January 25th, 2008, 23:42
I think the game will be out in 2009. It doesn't feel too finished and polished, as it is now.

Also, other games release a LOT of screenshots and movie... I've seen only a few from MGS4. I believe they have a bit of problems with the game. Story problems, programming problems... Dunno, it could be everything.

Triv1um
January 25th, 2008, 23:51
Nah, it wont me that long.

DPyro
January 26th, 2008, 00:35
There has been tons of video footage of MGS4.

Malksta
January 26th, 2008, 03:16
Pretty dissapointing, we've been waiting for MGS4 for a long-ass time.

Atleast the wait is nearly over.

ElRazur
January 26th, 2008, 13:25
Hmmm no demo? Anyone remember pro evo? Demo wasnt released on the ps3 and it turned out to be shit in the online mode. Maybe same thing is happening here.....Maybe.

Accordion
January 26th, 2008, 16:57
Hmmm no demo? Anyone remember pro evo? Demo wasnt released on the ps3 and it turned out to be shit in the online mode. Maybe same thing is happening here.....Maybe.

this is MGS!
Dont forget the MGO beta for Japan.

While i do think the games is far too close to MGS3 to live up to the original plan, more MGS3 is far from a bad thing and the story is half the fun.

acn010
January 26th, 2008, 17:09

nah, kojima himself said that he wont disappoint the fans.. so i trust him ;)

ElRazur
January 26th, 2008, 19:03

this is MGS!
Dont forget the MGO beta for Japan.

While i do think the games is far too close to MGS3 to live up to the original plan, more MGS3 is far from a bad thing and the story is half the fun.

"This is pro evo, It can only get better"

We was assured that, only for the online mode turns out to be rubbish.

Lol.

Anyway, time will tell.

Ultima Chocochu
January 28th, 2008, 03:11
Kinda gay, but if it is released soon I doubt anyone would care as much...MGS has been out for quite some time, and everyone who's played any before will get it really.